HELP! - DJI Air2S Crashes (fell right from the sky) in ActiveTrack
1409 14 2021-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pa
lvl.1

Canada

Hi guys, I need help here. I have been piloting drone for quite a while now, and a few days ago my recently purchased Air2S fell right in the lake while I was filming my boat in ActiveTrack mode. I have downloaded the FlightLog (see here) https://www.dropbox.com/s/i198e3iyeyl3k6h/DJIFlightRecord_2021-08-23_%5B07-54-04%5D.txt.zip?dl=0 - Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the footage as well where the drone hits the water and sinks in 200 ft of water - https://vimeo.com/603564281 - Honestly this look like a hardware catastrophic failure from the DJi Air2S. How is that possible? Is this product guaranteed?
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pa. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Air 2S. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-9-12
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Now that's weird. Looks like a gradual descent but apparently for a moment it tries to maintain altitude and then continues until it hits the water. I wonder if flight log can reveal more.  
2021-9-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks like a good log for JJB to analyze. The visual bottom sensor was out of range and not functioning for a long time just before the crash, being stuck at a fixed height, then dropping suddenly. That is not really unusual in some cases, but may have contributed to the failure. Tracking over water is always risky. I have almost lost my MA2 like that twice. So I would hesitate to call that hardware failure.
2021-9-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Great video, lovely area to fly a drone. But a dramatic end!

Last descend (as seen in the video) is not seen as that in the log, see my chart with your data.

Barometric height is not showing a descend, VPS bottom sensor does show a descend.
But the vertical speed is a positive value while craft is going down.

What happend ; craft lost it subject, craft slows down from 11 ms/ to almost zero.
Craft descended but this was not noticed as the baro height stays at the same height, so no UP correction signal to keep it at the same height.

DJI should look into this ofcourse, imo a warranty claim.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-9-12
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It was such a nice day that it went down for a swim ^_^

Sorry for the loss.

I checked the log in Airdata, and it seems indeed a hardware problem, JJB statement is right and shouldn't be problems on the warranty side.
2021-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Push for a warranty claim and use JJB's analysis as additional justification.  
2021-9-13
Use props
pa
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks everybody for your support! I will contact DJI support now (I have retrieved my invoice!). Best,
2021-9-14
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

This issue was signaled by me in other posts also....as the drone is making a circle around POI, sometime is just stopping the circle and goes directly towards POI descending to it very fast...
Was seen this behavior more than 5 times, no idea why is doing it....seems to be a problem related to reading sensors....Or a bad implementation of software that guides the drone.
2021-9-21
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Have you got any resolution on this issue!
2021-9-27
Use props
pa
lvl.1

Canada

Hi guys! Thanks to all for your help and comments! It looks like DJI is shipping a new Air2S drone my way! There was no technical explanation but since it seems to be sensor/hardware related, they acceptes to send a new drone. I had to fill a technical survey, send the flight log and the customer satisfaction survey. Can’t wait to fly again!
2021-10-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

pa@leeroy.ca Posted at 10-11 03:33
Hi guys! Thanks to all for your help and comments! It looks like DJI is shipping a new Air2S drone my way! There was no technical explanation but since it seems to be sensor/hardware related, they acceptes to send a new drone. I had to fill a technical survey, send the flight log and the customer satisfaction survey. Can’t wait to fly again!

Hi pa,

good news!  hope your replacement Air2S will fly for longer period than the old one....   ;-)

Happy many landings,
Cheers
JJB
2021-10-11
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

pa@leeroy.ca Posted at 10-11 03:33

Glad to hear that, hopefully any software issues are being dealt with!
2021-10-11
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Nice
2021-10-11
Use props
nixmeister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587766 ft
Canada

Great to read that you will get a replacement. Hopefully an update will prevent similar crashes... Happy flying PA!
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules