Joystick Left & Right movement is unresponsive
1272 1 2021-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ctoph87
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there!

I've been having a blast so far with the Ronin RS 2 , the only thing that made my head scratch was the fact that the physical joystick does not give any inputs to the gimbal whenever i try to go left or right.

Up and down works flawlessly, also the stick does not feel like it is off centre, it sits neatly in the middle and has the typical thumb stick behavior otherwise.

At one point I went into a menu to check something/change it in hopes for the joystick to maybe work. All of a sudden, the joystick was giving input to the left, up and down, but still not to the right. After recalibrating it, it went away again and I was yet again left with up and down movement only.

Note: If i use the RavenEye app software with the virtual joystick all axis work flawlessly (up,down, left, right)

I was hoping this could merely be a software side bug but I fear it might be a mechanical issue?

Is there anything I could try?

When researching I read about calibrating the joystick, however I have no idea how to do so, any ideas?

Best,
Christoph
UPDATE: I just recalibrated the Gimbal after having turned off Super Smooth and now all Axis are working when using the physical joystick?!?
Is this a software bug after all?

2021-9-13
Use props
Ctoph87
lvl.1
Germany

The joystick issue just started reappearing now even with super smooth disabled. And on top the gimbal is now rotating around its pan axis. The Auto check throw back an error message saying:

Error Code 1013

Is there even a list anywhere we can look up? I find the documentation to be a catastrophe as a google search gave me 0 results. How are we supposed to know what to do with an error code?
2021-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules