.DNG file not recognised
588 2 2021-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
APIMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26266 ft

United Kingdom

Last week I was launching my Phantom 4P on grass when a gust caught it causing to flip onto its back. No visible damage and so I attempted a second launch from more stable ground. I then had a warning to the effect that the sensors were malfunctioning and could affect the stability and obstruction avoidance. I carried out a short flight test and apart from the warning it appear to work OK. I carried on doing what I was doing taking some photos. When I got home I downloaded the images and then found that although all of the images had saved none of those taken after the incident could be opened. These images were saved as .DNG as were all the others but Photoshop could not open them stating that they were 'not the right knd of document'

I have carried out a Calibration of the Vision System which has sorted the sensor malfunction. I then flw a short test flight and although the visual link through my IPad is fine and the camera goes through the motion of taking a photo and records a .DNG image it cannot be opened either on the IPad or on my PC.

Any ideas.

APIMan

2021-9-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Whatever the issue might be with your sensors, it should have nothing to do with image files recorded by the camera.
Have you been able to open dng files before this?
What about jpg files?

The quickest way to sort this out would be for you to post one or some of the problem files for someone else to check.
That way you'd get confirmation of whether the files are OK or not and what might be needed to fix things.

To post dng files, you'll have to upload them to Dropbox or similar and post a link here.
2021-9-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you do a little desktop test shooting, how are the jpg files?

2021-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules