Sample data from the M2EA
1150 2 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LucGirod
lvl.2

Norway

Hi!

I am considering the purchase of a M2EA but I would like to see what data is produced in an automated survey flight. I cannot find any dataset online.

Does it create a "survey" folder like the P4RTK? Is there any metadata when flown with the RTK attachment (like the rinex file provided by the P4RTK)?

I would love to get my hands on the result of a tiny auto survey sample dataset.
2021-9-14
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this is an old thread but it's still worth stating that the M2EA is NOT designed or appropriate for high-precision survey use. Even with RTK, the way it is implemented w/ no precise time sync does not yield precise geotags for the images recorded. The RTK provides improved precision for navigation only.

More on this here
Hope you didn't buy one with survey work in mind. I know people that did and they were very disappointed.
2022-5-5
Use props
LucGirod
lvl.2

Norway

patiam Posted at 5-5 10:46
I know this is an old thread but it's still worth stating that the M2EA is NOT designed or appropriate for high-precision survey use. Even with RTK, the way it is implemented w/ no precise time sync does not yield precise geotags for the images recorded. The RTK provides improved precision for navigation only.

More on this here

Hei!

We ended up getting one anyways, since we had some use cases where the geotag location requirements were a bit lower and the thermal requirements were really just in the relative and not absolute. I still tried doing surveying work with it, and it's sadly quite limited indeed. The thermal sensor drift and the absence of a first party raw data extractor are real pains.
2022-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules