Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sime27
Flight distance : 64429 ft
United Kingdom

Afternnon all

Im new to drone flying and DJI and this is my 1st post

Not sure if this has been covered before, Forgive me if it has
I've noticed if the slider on the controller is in CINE position and the Fly app also says C in top left corner, i power drone up and go fly
It definetly flys in NORMAL mode until i switch slider across and then back to CINE

Not sure if this is by design or a bug in my set up

Cheers from Sime (UK)
2021-9-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's the way it works.
It will launch in Normal Mode regardless of the switch position.
Change to the desired mode after launching.

2021-9-14
Use props
Sime27
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-14 06:11
That's the way it works.
It will launch in Normal Mode regardless of the switch position.
Change to the desired mode after launching.

No problem, Thanks for the reply
2021-9-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides and I disagree on whether this is a bug. I think it is. Having designed many electronic devices in the last 50 years, I know it is a bug if the product behaves differently from a control switch setting without at least a warning. This makes me wonder how DJI passed and got ISO approval.
2021-9-14
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

My Mini 2 and Air 2S takes off in normal mode regardless of the setting (if the remote is on Cine or Sports mode) at takeoff, which is normal and how DJI has programmed its drones.
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sime. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As posted above this is normal operation on how the said DJI drone takes off. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-9-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AussieDronePilot Posted at 9-14 16:59
My Mini 2 and Air 2S takes off in normal mode regardless of the setting (if the remote is on Cine or Sports mode) at takeoff, which is normal and how DJI has programmed its drones.

What is "normal" for DJI is not normal in the industry. It means they have not thought through the implications of having the operator confused by conflicting indications. Just saying "I meant to do that" is not enough. ISO does not accept that as an excuse normally. It's a bad design. Fix it.
2021-9-14
Use props
Sime27
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 9-14 20:36
What is "normal" for DJI is not normal in the industry. It means they have not thought through the implications of having the operator confused by conflicting indications. Just saying "I meant to do that" is not enough. ISO does not accept that as an excuse normally. It's a bad design. Fix it.

It would be less confusing if the display on the top left indicated NORMAL mode
2021-9-14
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Happens with all the drones, they always takeoff in normal regardless of the position on the controller.
2021-9-15
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

This is absurd!  Surely this is a bug.  
2021-9-15
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have no problems with limiting the takeoff mode to Normal. That makes perfect sense. But....there should be some indication that it is happening in conflict with the switch position.
2021-9-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Its nota bug . Dji recommends you do a preflight check and knowing which mode you will be in is pretty much standard. Common sense seems to be very uncommon around here yourself excluded ;+)…
2021-9-16
Use props
Sime27
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 9-16 02:05
Its nota bug . Dji recommends you do a preflight check and knowing which mode you will be in is pretty much standard. Common sense seems to be very uncommon around here yourself excluded ;+)…

I totally get it taking off in normal mode , But for 1st time flyers that complete a pre-flight check that are worried about the drone speeds etc , Switch slider to CINE , screen displays C mode then they would presume the drone is in CINE mode.

Like this weekend i was teaching my so how to take off , so thought CINE would be where to start

At best i'd exspect a warning -unabale to take off in this mode-or somthing along them lines , Least then the pilot knows and is prompted to switch slider to Normal

2021-9-16
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

I always leave the slider on Normal, the only time I switch to Cine or Sports mode is after take-off and a short time hovering to ensure everything is normal and there are no issues.

I do agree there should be a alert on screen warning that regardless of what setting the slider is on, the aircraft will be in Normal mode. I have forgotten twice, mostly due to dealing with people not walking their dog on a lead.
2021-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules