Inspire 2 Firmware - 01.02.0500 - Extremely Dangerous
3426 8 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Afku3qmMqUOA
lvl.1
Italy

Pure madness in DJI. In our company we use inspire 2 mainly for work in the cinema.
We tested this firmware, luckily we were in the countryside.
The drone at one point cut the power and only by pure chance we were able to bring it back because we were against the wind.
If we had been in the city the drone would have easily fallen on the city because we would not have been able to get it back, risking to kill someone.
It is shameful that you allow yourself not to test firmware in all conditions! This protection enters very easily in certain high temperature situations.
Shameful that there is no intention on the part of DJI to solve the problem! On the contrary! What are they doing? They make you spend € 1600 for the purchase of 960Gb cineSSd, because the 480Gb ones don't make them anymore. But they can only be used with this firmware .. I am very tempted to proceed legally. I find similar behavior to be criminal.
I hope that with this post all the others who have had the same problem as ours will write it here, so maybe they start to pay us more attention.

You are crazy!

2021-9-14
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Glad to know that nothing catastrophic happened to your inspire 2.

Although, there has been many write ups and documents on how bad .500 fw is, you or someone from your group should have researched before the firmware change!
As always with DJI, I'm never too quick to jump on their latest software/firmware.  Always, read and take note of users feedback before any change.

I believe there is a way to downgrade from .500 to .400 firmware.  Check YouTube for tutorials.  The .400 is similar to the reliable .300 firmware.   The .300, so far, despite its bugs and issues, is the most stable.

I hope you are able to go back to reliable flying soon.

Be Safe and Happy Flying!

2021-9-14
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The thing is that both the .400 firmware as well as the .500 are dangerous. Downgrading is not necessarily safer.

The .500 firmware fixes a critical issue where the battery level can suddenly drop due to inaccurate battery level calculation. That means the .400 firmware has this issue.
The .500 has a sudden power cut "feature" which can leave the drone uncontrollable or near uncontrollable.

I've tried for over half a year to get DJI working on a new firmware, and last month I got a reply from the complaints department that they are working on a new firmware. However, I believe it when I see it. We where once promised to get ProRes RAW on the X5s, too...

Due to the EU regulations, flying legally with these two versions of firmwares are impossible as they are unsafe, many have verified it as well as DJI.

It is frankly quite amazing that they haven't fixed it, it is their version of a professional film drone, yet they handle it so unprofessionally leaving customers unable to fly it for over a year.

I guess we can fly it if we can accept a risk of it crashing. But as it is documented unsafe, it is probably not legal to fly it at all. If it crashes it probably will be difficult with the insurances also. Think if you fly it commercially and it suddenly cuts power and becomes uncontrollable and hurt a person - and you flew with a drone that is documented unsafe... You'll probably get a hefty fine and you loose your permit.

2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_Afku3qmMqUOA
lvl.1
Italy

DJI assistance is made up of incompetents who speak like a robot, who only make you waste time even if the problem is widely known.  Total incompetents.  But now I ask a question: I bought a 960 gb Cine ssd because recently I was not aware of the problem of this damn firmware.  But these new cin ssd only work with the .0500 firmware.  What do I do now?  Since the box is open and I can no longer return it to these incompetents?
2021-9-15
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rob W Posted at 9-15 09:04
The thing is that both the .400 firmware as well as the .500 are dangerous. Downgrading is not necessarily safer.

The .500 firmware fixes a critical issue where the battery level can suddenly drop due to inaccurate battery level calculation. That means the .400 firmware has this issue.

They like you to buy the Mavic 3

Money money money
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry to read about the incident, I understand your concerns and we care about this case. Could you please help to export the flight data from the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 and provide the data to us for further investigation? You can upload the data to Dropbox/Google Drive and send me the link. Thank you.
2021-12-13
Use props
alta.movie_aerials
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-12-13 00:13
Hi there, I am sorry to read about the incident, I understand your concerns and we care about this case. Could you please help to export the flight data from the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 and provide the data to us for further investigation? You can upload the data to Dropbox/Google Drive and send me the link. Thank you.

NO, I have no time to waste. Engineers are perfectly familiar with the firmware they make themselves.
They know very well that the algorithm has been inserted because DJI does not want to be responsible for battery crashes.
In this way, if the drone is lost, it is only the fault of the pilot who used the drone incorrectly.

Compliment your company from me!
2022-10-14
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Glad to know that nothing catastrophic happened to your inspire 2.
2022-11-8
Use props
FuriousPugs
lvl.2
United States

Hey all, I have a conversation going with DJI about this. More people should jump in and tell their story on that thread. Be cordial... let's just make sure they understand the nature of the issue and hopefully while we have their ear, there's a chance the devs will take a look at fixing this
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... k/6669797866368619/
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules