"Select Aircraft" doesn't list all aircraft
1435 6 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrylh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90705 ft
Canada

Using the Smart Controller with both a Mini 2 and Air 2S is cumbersome.  "Select Aircraft" under "Quick Settings" only shows the current aircraft.  In order to switch between the Mini 2 and Air 2S, I need to go into the full Settings, under "Aircraft Management".

Is there some reason this isn't available from the "Quick Settings" screen?

Screenshot_20210914-063402.png

Aircraft Management screen showing both aircraft

Aircraft Management screen showing both aircraft
2021-9-14
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

unfortunatly not as I know.

I am flying a mini2 and a M2P with the SC. When I switch to the mini2 I need to re-link every time. Do you experience the same?
2021-9-14
Use props
darrylh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90705 ft
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 9-14 21:31
unfortunatly not as I know.

I am flying a mini2 and a M2P with the SC. When I switch to the mini2 I need to re-link every time. Do you experience the same?

I've found that most of the time I can avoid the full re-link procedure by going into the Aircraft Management screen and selecting the aircraft from there.
  • Swipe down from the top of the screen to open "Quick Settings"
  • Tap the gear icon to open the full Settings menu
  • Tap "Aircraft Management"
  • Tap the aircraft you'd like to use
  • Confirm the prompts ("Switching aircraft will cause the current aircraft to be disconnected.  Continue?" and/or "Switching models will cause Smart Controller to restart.  Continue?")

A few times I've had to do this procedure twice in order for it to work, but it seems to work for me…

2021-9-15
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

darrylh Posted at 9-15 04:59
I've found that most of the time I can avoid the full re-link procedure by going into the Aircraft Management screen and selecting the aircraft from there.
  • Swipe down from the top of the screen to open "Quick Settings"

• it probably work that way if both of your aircrafts use the Fly app.

I got the M2P which uses the Go 4 app and the Mini 2 which uses the Fly app.

Switching to the M2P is no problem. But when I switch back to the Mini 2 it doesn't recognise the drone anymore.
    2021-9-16
    Use props
    MeAtHome
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 84104 ft
    Switzerland

I have a M2P and a Mini 2 using the Smart Controller

Switching is not straight forward, at least not from the M2P to the Mini 2. I do the following:

Mini 2 -> M2P
    If I was flying with my Mini 2 and want to switch to the M2P, I stop/kill the Fly app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select my M2P and after a few seconds, the Smart Controller and M2P are connected. I open the Go4 app and off I go.

M2P -> Mini 2
    Switching from the M2P to the Mini 2 requires additional steps. I stop/kill the Go4 app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select "Add Device" and then the Mini 2. Once the controller starts beeping, I hit the cancel button. This will bring me back to the aircraft management page. There I select my Mini 2 and the devices connect within a few seconds. I open the Fly app and off I go.
    2021-9-17
    Use props
    JohnDG
    Second Officer
    Malaysia

MeAtHome Posted at 9-17 00:29
    I have a M2P and a Mini 2 using the Smart Controller

Switching is not straight forward, at least not from the M2P to the Mini 2. I do the following:

Intresting MeAtHome,

have to try our solution to switch from M2P to Mini 2.
    I tried by selecting the Mini 2 profile on the SC right away. Which never resulted in connecting the mini 2. Then I always re-link using a new profile which automatically replaced the existing one.

good to know your procedure.
    2021-9-18
    Use props
    Bimnomercy
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 1414268 ft
    France

Thank you for this palliative solution which avoids having to do a systematic pairing when you switch the remote control from the Mavic 2 to the Mini2.

On the other hand, I noticed that the Fly application does not keep in memory the configuration of buttons C1 and C2 as well as of button 5D.

Do you have a solution ?
    2021-12-28
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules