Smart Controller HDMI Output To Ipad Pro
6985 13 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

The mirrored HDMI output from the controller to a monitor on my desk works perfectly. I have an ipad pro that I'd like to use in the field so that I can pilot and have a user observing the display. The hdmi to usb-c adapter doesn't work. Has anyone successfully tethered the two devices? (I know sometimes adapters can be an issue)

I have successfully used the ApowerMirror over a wifi to connect the smart controller and the ipad pro.
However, it's kind of unstable. Additionally my older phone doesn't do hotspots any longer, so mirroring via that app while in the field isn't an option. (UPDATE: New to the smart controllers. Just discovered the Go Share Hotspot which does enable the ApowerMirror app to work. However, lag 1 to 5 seconds)

Thanks in advance!

2021-9-14
Use props
wielka
lvl.3
Canada

I'm using bottom USB-C connector to operate my Moverio glasses. You jest need proper cable to get this to work. I was testing 3 different cables to finally succside.
2021-9-14
Use props
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

wielka Posted at 9-14 11:00
I'm using bottom USB-C connector to operate my Moverio glasses. You jest need proper cable to get this to work. I was testing 3 different cables to finally succside.

Good to hear wielka! I will acquire some to test. Thanks for the response.
2021-9-14
Use props
Raven850
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

does the iPad even take a HDMI input, even using a adaptor
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KC GIS. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You can connect the DJI Smart Controller with a second monitor that has an HDMI port input on it as the DJI Smart Controller supports HDMI output. Therefore, we can only connect it to a secondary monitor if the unit has an HDMI port. Thank you.
2021-9-14
Use props
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

Raven850 Posted at 9-14 12:20

Raven850: There appears to be an adapter for everything these days. Good/Bad/or Otherwise. The ipad pro USB-C allows file transfer back and forth when connected to my PC, but I'm getting closer to the solution that it won't function as a second monitor unless it's through an app such as ApowerMirror or Hollyland Mars (hardware required)
2021-9-15
Use props
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 20:12
Hello there KC GIS. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You can connect the DJI Smart Controller with a second monitor that has an HDMI port input on it as the DJI Smart Controller supports HDMI output. Therefore, we can only connect it to a secondary monitor if the unit has an HDMI port. Thank you.

DJI Stephen do you have a portable, self-powered, roughly 11" monitor with an HDMI input that you would recommend?
2021-9-15
Use props
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone here tried the Hollyland Mars X? Looks like a viable solution, but don't want to make the purchase if it's a laggy-feed like ApowerMirror.
2021-9-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

which drone are you using?
2021-9-15
Use props
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 9-15 14:57
which drone are you using?

Mavic Pro 2 Enterprise Advanced
2021-9-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KC GIS Posted at 9-16 13:11
Mavic Pro 2 Enterprise Advanced

i don't know what that drone is but i'll throw this out there:  have you thought about the goggles?
2021-9-16
Use props
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

The Saint its a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. I mistyped adding the "PRO"

My solutions are:

1.  ApowerMirror app using the GoShare hotspot in the field. It's not too bad when we're outside and away from obstruction. I use this with the iPad Pro and an older iPad. (Indoor testing was terrible for some reason). I'm not sure how much this affects the controller battery life, but haven't run into an issue yet.

2. The second solution is a 7" field monitor with HDMI input, purchased from Amazon ($180). Xinying is the brand. I use a 10' HDMI cable and it works well.

For the money spent, it works pretty well.
Thank you all
2021-9-20
Use props
KC GIS
lvl.1

United States

Raven850 Posted at 9-14 12:20

Raven850. I believe through my extensive testing, the answer is definitely no.
Video input has to feed through an app.
2021-9-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KC GIS Posted at 9-20 05:16
The Saint its a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. I mistyped adding the "PRO"

My solutions are:

yep im using a feelworld 2000 nit and a super long cable.  too difficult to figure out any other solution
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules