New QuickShot Flight Patterns for DJI Mini 2
3582 7 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joewardpr
lvl.1

Canada

For starters, where feasible, recording the reverse of the QuickShot patterns should always be supported. We have to fly line of sight and have our pause button available if there's any near-proximity obstacle issues on the return path.

QuickShots are an outstanding feature and very user friendly. However, I think there are some more reasonably basic shot options that would be very useful.

Perimeter - After centering on a subject (e.g. a house), and providing a length of side parameter, the Mini 2 flys left/right (parameter) in a straight line, pulling a smooth 90-degree turn at the edges and proceeding to fly a near-square flight path around the subject.

Take Off - After selecting a subject (e.g. person), and providing a runway length parameter, the Mini 2 flys backwards away from the subject in a straight line for the given distance. It then initiates the QuickShot, flying at the consistent altitude of the starting point toward the subject, until reaching the starting point. The flight path then converts to the Rocket flight path (going to a selected height). During the runway approach, there should be an acceleration, and an increased acceleration for the vertical "rocket" climb.

Hockey Stick - After selecting a starting point subject (e.g. a point on the treeline), and providing a stick length (for the horizontal flight path), a blade length (for the turn at the end of the flight path), a blade direction (a smooth 90-degree turn left/right at the end of the stick length flight path), and a flight altitude, the Mini 2 rises to the selected altitude, points the gimbal at the subject, and begins flying along the stick path, smoothly turning onto the blade. The flight is then completed and it can return at the RTH altitude.

Dare Devil - After selecting a subject (e.g. a church steeple), and providing a height (above the subject), and a distance (past the subject), the Mini 2 flys from the starting point, increasing altitude and accelerating to it maximum altitude above the subject, turning 180-degrees smoothly as it passes over the subject, deaccelerating and descending to the starting altitude (or specified finishing height), until the distance past the subject is achieved.

Speed Bump - After selecting a subject (start of forest), and providing a height above the subject, the Mini 2 flys from the starting point, maintaining the starting altitude, then swooping up over the subject when in near proximity, followed by a steady forward path for a given distance (parameter).

Just some ideas. Others?
2021-9-14
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

That would be great, if things were perfected and working.  Their software improvement team, I believe, is on strike.
2021-9-14
Use props
joewardpr
lvl.1

Canada

I suppose it would be even cooler if there was a user submitted library of QuickShots, built with sequences of available actions and parameter input. Then we could built them ourselves.
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there joewardpr. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-9-14
Use props
Switch639
Second Officer
Germany

joewardpr Posted at 9-14 16:03
I suppose it would be even cooler if there was a user submitted library of QuickShots, built with sequences of available actions and parameter input. Then we could built them ourselves.

Wouldn't that be cool
2021-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great ideas.
2021-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great ideas Joe.  
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_Rk53C6cNGb8Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3514268 ft
South Africa

Tell me Joe did you get a immediate job offer from DJI after this post. Really cool shots you got ther.
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules