Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blurry Images When shooting moving object
3954 9 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eviandrinker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 872077 ft
France

Hello,

I am using my drone for sports video and photography and everytime I have the drone standing still and shoot runners or cyclists, the moving object is very blurry. I am new to this so I am assuming it is a newbie issue, but I can't quite figure out how to address it. It does not happen when I use a GoPro for instance.
If anyone can enlighten me with the basics behind why this happens, and maybe some tips to resolve it, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

2021-9-14
Use props
eviandrinker
lvl.1
France

My drone is a DJI Mavic Air 2. Absolutely love it! I am looking at ways to learn how to use it better
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there eviandrinker. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best resolution for this issue? Thank you.
2021-9-14
Use props
eviandrinker
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 21:01
Hello there eviandrinker. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best resolution for this issue? Thank you.

Hi there! I couldn't download a video or photo, but I've uploaded them onto a Flickr album for you to see. The image is taken from the video. It's very blurry. I expect the video to not be 100% clear, but it looks very blurry, and so does the video when the cyclist gets in focus.
The resolution of the video is 1920x1080 at 30FPS.

Link: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWKaUXf

[url=https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWKaUXf]
2021-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eviandrinker Posted at 9-14 22:16
Hi there! I couldn't download a video or photo, but I've uploaded them onto a Flickr album for you to see. The image is taken from the video. It's very blurry. I expect the video to not be 100% clear, but it looks very blurry, and so does the video when the cyclist gets in focus.
The resolution of the video is 1920x1080 at 30FPS.

Hello, we have checked your video and picture. It seems the blurry picture was caused by motion blur,  which is a conspicuous trace resulted from fast-moving objects.  
Because motion blur is the effect contributed by the relative movements among the camera, objects, and surroundings.  We suggest you improve the effect by curtailing the shutter speed, slowing down the moving speed of the drone, or controlling the drone to track the objects.
2021-9-14
Use props
Larry+DarrelX2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881798 ft
United States

Are you using manual camera settings? Increasing the shutter speed while capturing moving objects greatly reduces motion blur.
2021-9-15
Use props
eviandrinker
lvl.1
France

Larry+DarrelX2 Posted at 9-15 04:51
Are you using manual camera settings? Increasing the shutter speed while capturing moving objects greatly reduces motion blur.

Thanks! I tried adjusting the shutter speed manually. It has worked okay but still blurry. I'll try to adjust it again and will continue playing with it.
2021-9-15
Use props
eviandrinker
lvl.1
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 22:54
Hello, we have checked your video and picture. It seems the blurry picture was caused by motion blur,  which is a conspicuous trace resulted from fast-moving objects.  
Because motion blur is the effect contributed by the relative movements among the camera, objects, and surroundings.  We suggest you improve the effect by curtailing the shutter speed, slowing down the moving speed of the drone, or controlling the drone to track the objects.

Thanks for that. I've played with the shutter speed down to 1/250 but the image would end up too dark. Will continue to play with it some more and change the ISO and/or aperture to see if I am able to adjust it correctly and get an image less blurry.
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eviandrinker Posted at 9-15 05:53
Thanks for that. I've played with the shutter speed down to 1/250 but the image would end up too dark. Will continue to play with it some more and change the ISO and/or aperture to see if I am able to adjust it correctly and get an image less blurry.

Thanks for your reply. Hope you can update your feedback to let us know how to effectively reduce the motion blur. It is really helpful for all of us in my opinion.
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules