4 meters difference from each other
has anyone noticed this problem?

Screenshot_20210915_100319_dji.go.v5.jpg

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (193).png

2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, George GR. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please check the APP version, firmware versions of the aircraft and the controller.  Please screenshot the interface in the APP for us.
Could you please tell us which mobile device you are using?
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-15 01:03
Hello, George GR. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please check the APP version, firmware versions of the aircraft and the controller.  Please screenshot the interface in the APP for us.
Could you please tell us which mobile device you are using?

Hi DJI Wanda,
dji fly 1.4.8 1185
firmware 01.03.0000
mate 20 lite

there is no other problem, the mobile device is working properly, and let it not be on the dji list!!
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. We compare your phone model with the compatibility list and your phone is not on the list. We will forward your issue to our engineer and contribute to its improvement in the future.  If this issue bothers your flight experience most, we recommend you change to another spare device on the compatibility list. Thanks for your understanding and support.
Here is the link in reference to the compatibility list: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-15 02:00
Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. We compare your phone model with the compatibility list and your phone is not on the list. We will forward your issue to our engineer and contribute to its improvement in the future.  If this issue bothers your flight experience most, we recommend you change to another spare device on the compatibility list. Thanks for your understanding and support.
Here is the link in reference to the compatibility list: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2

stop sending "standard messages" for 2+ years since the dji fly application was released you have not added any new devices!
yes i tried and supported device (mate 30 pro) again the same problem exists

profile - more - flight data center
and in the flight plan incorrectly writes the distance 4174m : the distance is correct
When I did the flight, I put a screen recorder 4178m (in real time) : the distance is not correct
airdata upload flight log 4174m : the distance is correct
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

Can anyone check? to do a test flight and screen recording
2021-9-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

George GR Posted at 9-15 02:27
Can anyone check? to do a test flight and screen recording

HI,

Yes i can, but i won`t do fly for this.
4 meters difference....  not an or my problem  :-)

Many happy landings,
cheers
JJB
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

JJB* Posted at 9-15 02:30
HI,

Yes i can, but i won`t do fly for this.

Hi JJB
I noticed in other flight, now that I look it has 7 meters 10 meters deviation
2021-9-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I won't be flying soon.
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

George GR Posted at 9-15 02:23
stop sending "standard messages" for 2+ years since the dji fly application was released you have not added any new devices!
yes i tried and supported device (mate 30 pro) again the same problem exists

Sorry, sir. The post was edited. We now require the following information instead:
1. Please screenshot the APP version and compress the APP log.
2. Screenshot the system version and model interface of Mate 30 pro.
3. Screenshot the firmware versions of the controller and aircraft.
4. Please synchronize your flight record in the APP and tell us your DJI account and detailed flight time, date.
BTW, please kindly know that the distance will be influenced by several factors. Basically two.
First, weak GPS signals will lead to incorrect positioning.
Second, the flight distance is too close to the home point. The distance calculated will have certain deviations due to the precision of GPS signals.

2021-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What problem?
From what you've said, I can't see that there is any problem.

2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

Labroides Posted at 9-15 03:57
What problem?
From what you've said, I can't see that there is any problem.

I did a flight yesterday, and I noticed that they are different in distances
for 4 meters (no problem) I looked at other flights and saw that it is 7 meters 10 meters different
how to write a distance of 4178 meters in live flight and in DJIFlightRecord to write 4174 meters
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246903
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-15 03:17
Sorry, sir. The post was edited. We now require the following information instead:
1. Please screenshot the APP version and compress the APP log.
2. Screenshot the system version and model interface of Mate 30 pro.

from deleting my post and editing your original post, read here
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 742&pid=2553485
and then request that I send you screenshots
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-15 08:42
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246903

did you come to a conclusion?
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

For every 1 km of flight in a straight line, the difference is about 3.25 m. The important thing is that it concerns a straight line. If flying on a curved line, the error will be different. As noted, error occurs when converting different distance measurement systems. The conversion from imperial to metrical is done in real time with scoring decimal places. When flying 11km, the error will be 36m. In another way, the distance is recorded in the subtitles of the filmed film. In practice, we can even get three different distances, which is normal in floating point operations. Learn to live with it.
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-15 10:12
For every 1 km of flight in a straight line, the difference is about 3.25 m. The important thing is that it concerns a straight line. If flying on a curved line, the error will be different. As noted, error occurs when converting different distance measurement systems. The conversion from imperial to metrical is done in real time with scoring decimal places. When flying 11km, the error will be 36m. In another way, the distance is recorded in the subtitles of the filmed film. In practice, we can even get three different distances, which is normal in floating point operations. Learn to live with it.

in my case I did 4178 meters and it showed 4174 meters
4 meters difference
with your own words every 1 kilometer 3.25 meters
so 1 kilometer by 4 equals 13 meters difference... no something is wrong
2021-9-15
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi George. The inaccuracy is only 0.095%.
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

kyalami Posted at 9-15 10:54
Hi George. The inaccuracy is only 0.095%.

Hi kyalami,
I'm getting ready to go on a flight to check again
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

I wrote about between what the djifly will show in the time on the spot and what you measured with the distance tool in google maps. The smaller ones will be in the flight record, There the difference will be about 1.2 m for every 1 km. It's best if you do your own tests and share the results.
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

test 1
1132m

1130m

test 2

2504m

2509m
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-15 11:26
I wrote about between what the djifly will show in the time on the spot and what you measured with the distance tool in google maps. The smaller ones will be in the flight record, There the difference will be about 1.2 m for every 1 km. It's best if you do your own tests and share the results.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 742&pid=2553565
2021-9-15
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

hi George,

check the accuracy of gps signals in this article. The drone measures the distance by comparing the gps points. Unless we got acces to military gps satelites we have to do with difference.
If average deviation of public gps satelites is typical 4 m and we need 2 points to measure the distance, we could get 2 x 4m = 8m deviation.

https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Greece

JohnDG Posted at 9-15 18:49
hi George,

check the accuracy of gps signals in this article. The drone measures the distance by comparing the gps points. Unless we got acces to military gps satelites we have to do with difference.

Hi JohnDG,
I read the article you sent me
what I do not understand is why it gives 2 different distances
when the drone makes a x distances it must write it in the flight record, right?
2021-9-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Malaysia

George GR Posted at 9-16 01:46
Hi JohnDG,
I read the article you sent me
what I do not understand is why it gives 2 different distances

The only way to calculate the distance between 2 points for a drone is at least use 2 gps registrations.
As the processor and memory of the drone is limited I don't expect it to register every single meter it flies. So it will calculate the distance using a limited number of locations. At least 2 to calculate the distance if you fly a straight line.
I expect it will use some more to reduce the error.

Even the gps of the car navigation need some time to realise I didn't follow the indicated path. That is because gps accuracy and it doesn't check my position every second.

I also noticed that my mini2 sometimes can't detect enough satelites at my home. I need to fly out a couple of meters before it register it's home point. So, there are also "dead" locations which can cause errors.
Btw I live in a rural area, not in a urban area with lot of concrete.
2021-9-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 9-16 03:19
The only way to calculate the distance between 2 points for a drone is at least use 2 gps registrations.
As the processor and memory of the drone is limited I don't expect it to register every single meter it flies. So it will calculate the distance using a limited number of locations. At least 2 to calculate the distance if you fly a straight line.
I expect it will use some more to reduce the error.

That is because gps accuracy and it doesn't check my position every second.
DJI GPS receivers update position data 10 times per second.

I also noticed that my mini2 sometimes can't detect enough satelites at my home. I need to fly out a couple of meters before it register it's home point. So, there are also "dead" locations which can cause errors.
The only dead locations are spots where a substantial part of the sky is blocked by obstacles like tree cover, buildings or terrain.

2021-9-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Malaysia

Labroides Posted at 9-16 03:55
That is because gps accuracy and it doesn't check my position every second.
DJI GPS receivers update position data 10 times per second.

in my case it probably are trees that cause the "dead zone" as there are no buildings close around. My closest neighbourgh is at least 100m away.  Behnd my back forest. But that would mean the satelites must be quite low from my position.
2021-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules