44597 83 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For those who thinks its working can you test active track,   set it on the tripod and have it track you for at least 15 minutes,  Ive found with the previous models the motors would give up within this time with the 12 pro max.
2021-9-26
Use props
Arihan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125318 ft
Norway

i`ve been using iPhone 13 Pro Max since Friday with OM5, no problem at all regarding weight. only issue was some noise from OM engine on footage but this seems to be fixt in latest hardware update today. This problem was also on the iPhone 12 models
2021-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arihan Posted at 9-26 08:37
i`ve been using iPhone 13 Pro Max since Friday with OM5, no problem at all regarding weight. only issue was some noise from OM engine on footage but this seems to be fixt in latest hardware update today. This problem was also on the iPhone 12 models

But for how long for?   With the OM3 & 4 with the iPhone 12 Pro max it would work ok for some time and then the camera would just droop,   I think it was about the 15 minute mark.
2021-9-26
Use props
Arihan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125318 ft
Norway

I had the camera on for at least two hours when out hiking
2021-9-26
Use props
fansaff19d3e
lvl.1
Germany

Mine is working just fine with a case from Amazon. Humixx Ultra  Series... Case
2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_pZSpfp9j7s0V
lvl.1

Japan

OM5iPhone13 ProMax
2021-9-28
Use props
Ahmed Hussain Khan
New

Pakistan

hey please tell anyone, i am buying dji osmo 4, for iphone 13 pro max. please tell does it work with the weight? and issues? with a case? can anyone tell me today, cuz im buying today
2021-9-30
Use props
Elom5esunakaka
lvl.1

Spain

Hello again! For now it is working well for me om5 with pro Max, but I have not tried it too long yet, I will continue to report. Greetings!!!
2021-10-2
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Ahmed Hussain Khan Posted at 9-30 00:15
hey please tell anyone, i am buying dji osmo 4, for iphone 13 pro max. please tell does it work with the weight? and issues? with a case? can anyone tell me today, cuz im buying today

Can’t confirm iPhone 13 Pro Max but I passed on the OM5 and returned it to Amazon.  Picked up an OM4 to use with my iPhone 12 Pro Max with Moment case, MoonDog Labs filter adapter and 52mm K&F nd filter total weight of 314 grams. Working just fine but I do use a 20gm counterweight.
2021-10-2
Use props
fans47b68cfa
New
Flight distance : 2195 ft
United States

I keep getting motor issues i have the 13 Pro Max and the OM 3 which i am not willing to upgrade if the 5 doesn't even support my new phone...
2021-10-4
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

fans47b68cfa Posted at 10-4 08:52
I keep getting motor issues i have the 13 Pro Max and the OM 3 which i am not willing to upgrade if the 5 doesn't even support my new phone...

I went with OM4 and have 12 Pro Max with filters and moment wood case doing just fine. Returned the OM5 it sucks in so many ways.
2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans47b68cfa Posted at 10-4 08:52

I had that too.  Next upgrade for me I think will be the pocket 3.
2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MiamiC70 Posted at 10-4 09:02
I went with OM4 and have 12 Pro Max with filters and moment wood case doing just fine. Returned the OM5 it sucks in so many ways.

How long have you filmed for.   I found it was ok with previous models for a few minutes but after 15-20 mins the motors would give up.
2021-10-4
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 10:17
How long have you filmed for.   I found it was ok with previous models for a few minutes but after 15-20 mins the motors would give up.

No problems or noise average film time is probably 15 mins however, walked around with it on Saturday for well over an hour.
2021-10-4
Use props
RicPDX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35774 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered an OM 5 just as it was announced and received my iPhone 13 Pro Max about a week later, not realizing there would be an issue. I figured it would just work, like my Osmo 3. Even before the 13 arrived, I tried the OM 5 out with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Even that seemed to be a bit squirrelly at times, but I wrote it off to my learning curve, adapting to the smaller handle.

The iPhone 13 was even more problematic, buffeting randomly, hunting for corrections, flashing black as the lenses switched and occasionally working. Before I checked here, I thought it might be the balance and that helped just a little but it still couldn't reliably produce usable footage.

What I'd like to know (if anybody from DJI is still listening) is will we get to find out whether or not this will be compatible before the return window closes? If the OM 5 will never work with the Pro Max than I'll have purchased a $150 doorstop with an extended protection plan.

I know. I should have checked the fine print before I ordered. But I honestly did not believe that the most popular smartphone stabilizer in the world wouldn't be compatible with the most smartphone in the world.
2021-10-4
Use props
RicPDX
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_a6t5Xd8msT2f Posted at 9-24 15:21
Has anyone already tried the Iphone 13 pro max with the OM5?

Yes. See my post below.
2021-10-4
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

RicPDX Posted at 10-4 19:57
I ordered an OM 5 just as it was announced and received my iPhone 13 Pro Max about a week later, not realizing there would be an issue. I figured it would just work, like my Osmo 3. Even before the 13 arrived, I tried the OM 5 out with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Even that seemed to be a bit squirrelly at times, but I wrote it off to my learning curve, adapting to the smaller handle.

The iPhone 13 was even more problematic, buffeting randomly, hunting for corrections, flashing black as the lenses switched and occasionally working. Before I checked here, I thought it might be the balance and that helped just a little but it still couldn't reliably produce usable footage.

DJI don’t care and the drones (pun intended) on here do nothing but respond to customers with canned answers.
2021-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RicPDX Posted at 10-4 19:57

I know,  every year they seem to release the OM update about a week before the iPhone announcement,   seems very odd timing to me.
2021-10-4
Use props
djiuser_CByg6tD7YbYo
lvl.1
United States

Just about to receive osm5 today and iPhone pro max later in week. Hope it works or will be a quick return!
2021-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_CByg6tD7YbYo Posted at 10-5 07:28
Just about to receive osm5 today and iPhone pro max later in week. Hope it works or will be a quick return!

Fingers crossed for you,   Im going to hold out for the P3 and avoid the compatibility issues.
2021-10-5
Use props
scubatopy
lvl.1

Italy

Just bought DJI OM5 for my 13 Pro Max. I'm testing it during all morning and afternoon: no issues or defaillance with motors or compatibility. Just few software issues at the beginning : unpairing and pairing again has resolved them.
I'm curious to see if the new Pro Res format will be available on DJI Mimo since the beginning or we do need to wait a long period to see this feature included. Any view?
2021-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scubatopy Posted at 10-9 12:03
Just bought DJI OM5 for my 13 Pro Max. I'm testing it during all morning and afternoon: no issues or defaillance with motors or compatibility. Just few software issues at the beginning : unpairing and pairing again has resolved them.
I'm curious to see if the new Pro Res format will be available on DJI Mimo since the beginning or we do need to wait a long period to see this feature included. Any view?

No hope on seeing the camera enhancements in Mimo app but you can always use the normal camera app with it.
2021-10-9
Use props
Dr.Tek
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 23:34
Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment the DJI OM 5 and the DJI Mimo application does not support the iPhone 13 Pro Max. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 5 and DJI Mimo application's recommended mobile device list ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5/DJI_OM_5_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf ) in the future. Thank you.
You are so full of s h I t! You have been saying this since the Osmo Mobile 2.
It appears your company not only can’t think out of the box, but really sucks when it comes to not only innovation, but inclusion. Your company is a joke. If you used better materials, your gimbals, may actually be able to handle large format phones WITH a thin case.
Large format users shot video too genius. And I use that term loosely. Unbelievable! DJI never learns.
2021-10-10
Use props
travis.creativejuicegmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118671 ft
Australia

We really need a magnetic clasp that fits the pro max plus a case. The one that comes with the OM 5 does not expand enough. Is there any chance you guys are making a bigger clasp/phone holder for the OM 5. By my partner and I bought the 13 Pro Max now the OM 5 is useless. Who in their right mind wants to keep having to take their phone case off just to use the gimbal?
Please can we get a response, we really love the device, we’d hate to
Have to sell it.
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

travis.creativejuicegmail.com Posted at 10-12 17:20
We really need a magnetic clasp that fits the pro max plus a case. The one that comes with the OM 5 does not expand enough. Is there any chance you guys are making a bigger clasp/phone holder for the OM 5. By my partner and I bought the 13 Pro Max now the OM 5 is useless. Who in their right mind wants to keep having to take their phone case off just to use the gimbal?
Please can we get a response, we really love the device, we’d hate to
Have to sell it.

But OM5 doesn’t support iPhone 13. It’s in the specs.
2021-10-12
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment the DJI OM 5 and the DJI Mimo application does not support the iPhone 13 Pro Max. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 5 and DJI Mimo application's recommended mobile device list ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5/DJI_OM_5_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf ) in the future. Thank you.

Didn't check the list and have been having problems with getting the 5 to work with my 13PM. :-(
Do I return it or is software going anytime soon?
2021-10-15
Use props
RicPDX
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have the 13 Pro Max and ordered the OM 5 as soon as it was released. I had to return the OM 5. In my opinion, the issue is not in software, I don't think the servos in the smaller OM 5 have enough torque to manage the heavier phone. I have an Osmo 3 that does a better job of it. One thing that did help a little was to use the Osmo 3 trick of making sure the phone is perfectly balanced horizontally on the arm. However you're correct in that there are numerous software features that also have to be updated, When zooming, it didn't handle lens switching smoothly and Active Track was limited to a narrow range of focal lengths.

At the moment, I'm researching the OM 4. The magnetic clip would be a real benefit for the way I like to use the gimbal. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that DJI would consider a heavier OM 5 Pro with the power to stabilize the Pro Max effectively. It is a very useful cinematic camera after all
2021-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RicPDX Posted at 10-16 11:40
I have the 13 Pro Max and ordered the OM 5 as soon as it was released. I had to return the OM 5. In my opinion, the issue is not in software, I don't think the servos in the smaller OM 5 have enough torque to manage the heavier phone. I have an Osmo 3 that does a better job of it. One thing that did help a little was to use the Osmo 3 trick of making sure the phone is perfectly balanced horizontally on the arm. However you're correct in that there are numerous software features that also have to be updated, When zooming, it didn't handle lens switching smoothly and Active Track was limited to a narrow range of focal lengths.

At the moment, I'm researching the OM 4. The magnetic clip would be a real benefit for the way I like to use the gimbal. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that DJI would consider a heavier OM 5 Pro with the power to stabilize the Pro Max effectively. It is a very useful cinematic camera after all

My OM3 gives up after enough time with the 12 or 13 pro max,   I wont be buying another gimbal,  especially when they keep releasing it a week before the new iPhone is announced.   Im moving to the Pocket 3 when it comes out for my needs.
2021-10-16
Use props
djiuser_OaSNN7j27vhA
lvl.1
United States

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment the DJI OM 5 and the DJI Mimo application does not support the iPhone 13 Pro Max. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 5 and DJI Mimo application's recommended mobile device list ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5/DJI_OM_5_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf ) in the future. Thank you.
I’m confused. Is it the weight issue with the 13 pro max or the Mimo app support for the cameras features? I’ve been chasing the purchase of this gimbal (the 4 now 5). I had the 12 pro max and it was not compatible with the om4 and now the 13 pro max is not compatible with the om5. I’m getting tired of chasing. Is it the weight with or without a case or has the Mimo app just not caught up with the features and will it and when. Please find out, don’t just give the pat answer about the compatibility matrix, that’s a cop out. I won’t sue, just trying to get some truthful information.
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Calvette Posted at 10-15 18:58
Didn't check the list and have been having problems with getting the 5 to work with my 13PM. :-(
Do I return it or is software going anytime soon?

Hi there Calvette. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for these information that you have given. As of the moment we do not have any information when with the said mobile device ( iPhone 13 Pro Max will be included on the said list but rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.
2021-10-18
Use props
Epic Videos
lvl.1
Australia

Weight wise the OM 5 supports the 13pro max fine. Although walking at a regular pace does introduce some visual bumps in the footage.
Just wish the clasp was bigger. I’m sure the app will be updated in the near future. Also you can just use the regular camera app. Most functions work the same.
2021-10-19
Use props
Epic Videos
lvl.1
Australia

Weight wise the OM 5 supports the 13pro max fine. Although walking at a regular pace does introduce some visual bumps in the footage.
Just wish the clasp was bigger. I’m sure the app will be updated in the near future. Also you can just use the regular camera app. Most functions work the same.
2021-10-19
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Epic Videos Posted at 10-19 04:36

How long those motors going to last working at capacity? Physics says not as long as a motor not being taxed constantly.
2021-10-19
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1014872 ft
Portugal

I'm using an iPhone 13 pro max with a Defender XT outterbox. I Know that this iPhone is not yet officially supported by Dji. The setup also weights 18 grams more than the maximum recommended (about 308 grams). However, while using DJi MIMO or Filmic pro, the Osmo 5 is handling this setup without any problems. No motor noises, no strange behavior whatsoever (used well over one hour). Tested also a few time lapses and if the iPhone is fixed, if we choose left to right or right to left or a custom movement where the iPhone points from a higher to a lower point, things go as expected. If, however, we choose, during time-lapses, a movement where the first point is lower than the second one, after a minute or two, the time-lapse will fail and the iPhone will go to rest position. This is the only single problem I had so far.
A very important consideration is that I'm using a slight modification to the way that the iPhone is clamped to the OSMO, which seems to help balance and it's a lot more practical for MagSafe enabled phones than what DJI purposes. Took the idea from this guy here
2021-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RHenriques Posted at 10-21 08:14
I'm using an iPhone 13 pro max with a Defender XT outterbox. I Know that this iPhone is not yet officially supported by Dji. The setup also weights 18 grams more than the maximum recommended (about 308 grams). However, while using DJi MIMO or Filmic pro, the Osmo 5 is handling this setup without any problems. No motor noises, no strange behavior whatsoever (used well over one hour). Tested also a few time lapses and if the iPhone is fixed, if we choose left to right or right to left or a custom movement where the iPhone points from a higher to a lower point, things go as expected. If, however, we choose, during time-lapses, a movement where the first point is lower than the second one, after a minute or two, the time-lapse will fail and the iPhone will go to rest position. This is the only single problem I had so far.
A very important consideration is that I'm using a slight modification to the way that the iPhone is clamped to the OSMO, which seems to help balance and it's a lot more practical for MagSafe enabled phones than what DJI purposes. Took the idea from this guy here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEwOLO61FNA

It curious how people are having such mixed experiences.
2021-10-21
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1014872 ft
Portugal

"It curious how people are having such mixed experiences."

Indeed. I was surprised also when I started to read this thread. The experiences are relatevely different for different users, which is rather strange.
2021-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RHenriques Posted at 10-21 13:04
"It curious how people are having such mixed experiences."

Indeed. I was surprised also when I started to read this thread. The experiences are relatevely different for different users, which is rather strange.

Maybe the motors have a wide margin for their power output so some people are getting better gimbals than others.
2021-10-21
Use props
HoTiCE
New

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-21 23:06
Maybe the motors have a wide margin for their power output so some people are getting better gimbals than others.

So it looks like the Pro Max 13 was quietly added to the compatibility list.

Does anyone know if anything changed?
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HoTiCE Posted at 12-2 09:04
So it looks like the Pro Max 13 was quietly added to the compatibility list.

Does anyone know if anything changed?

Ive not heard of a firmware update for it,  and last I looked there was mixed results depending I think on how it was used.   Ive decided not to get one as Im sure that next year it wont support the iPhone 14 so instead I will get the pocket 3 when it released.
2021-12-2
Use props
SamShea
lvl.1

United States

I've had the iPhone 13 Pro Max for about a week.  When used with the OM5, I have not been able to keep it stable.  I've tried rebalancing the phone in the clamp with the same results.  Do I need to return the phone and just buy the iPhone 13 Pro?
2021-12-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules