3508 2 2021-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
APIMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26266 ft

United Kingdom

Hi

Has DJI considered the ability for additional metadata to be built into an image. Most quality cameras (Cannon, Nikon etc) allow basic information to be automatically entered into a file. This includes the Camera ID, Date, Time Camera settings, owner details and copyright details. Personal information is input to the camera when bought and then automatically incorporated into the metadata added to each image.Because they are built into the photo when it is created it is not so easy to delete them to enable illegal use of an image. This information is entered into the camera and then becomes part of the image. DJI alreaty incorporate some technical metadata into each image but to be able to add personal information such a Photographers Name, Copyright Owner, Address and Contact Details (address & phone numbers) would be very useful for Professional Photographers. It would help to ensure that the correct credits are given when a photo is published.

I have to enter my details and copyright info manually which can be a lengthy exercise when one has taken a substantial number of photos. Because it has been added at a later date it is also easier for it to be deleted or changed

Having the metadata added to the photos would also make it easy to trace the owner of a found drone and enable its return.

APIMan
2021-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Because it has been added at a later date it is also easier for it to be deleted or changed
Any metadata associated with an image can be very easily removed.
It makes no difference when it was added.

There are batch exif editor tools available that would make it easier to do what you are doing manually.

2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there APIMan. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules