DJI Fly App update (Android 12 beta)
773 2 2021-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nct_jr
lvl.1

United States

Once Android 12 is "offically" released in October, I understand that is when the new verison of DJI Fly App will be release.  The lastest Android Beta 5 is a release candidate build that you can use for your final testing. Can "we" the real DJI Fly users help you test this update now? Personally I have been able to fly for a weeks and out of all my apps, this is the only one that does not work on Android 12.https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12
Can you clarify a few thing?   
  • Will the New DJI Fly get release on the same day?  or will it get release days after the Android 12 Release?
  • Is there a new DJI Fly Android 12 Beta that we can start using/testing? (ahead of the offical release) - The current beta on the download page doesn't work, please removed or please update it.
  • When the new Android 12 DJI Fly is release, will it be Android Play Store approved?   there is something "shady" about sideloading the app.  Please explain why it must be sideload.

Thank you,

2021-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best of luck in getting an answer from DJI on your 3 items.  Because there are so many OEMs using the Android OS with their customized touches it takes much longer for DJI to test their App with all of them and the different devices that they are on.  It is easier for DJI to keep up with iOS due to having only one manufacturer.  I have Android devices and wish DJI could keep up with at least the flagship Android devices but they do lag in updating software development for us Android users.

Bottom line - I'll just have to continue to be patient as I'm not a fan of Apple and their iOS.  
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. The upcoming official version will solve the problem of compatibility with Android 12 and will be released to all users.
As a moment, Android Play Store cannot download our DJI Fly, we recommend you download our new version of the app from our official website. Please pay attention to the update of our official website. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules