Deja Vu my drone falls from the sky into the ocean yet another ...
1278 8 2021-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mastertech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601781 ft
United States

I was out flying my drone for the second day in a row. The ocean was beautiful so Im flying around the pier and catching video of surfers and some dolfins.

My drone was flying fine about 20 min in I get the low battery warning that I have set at 25%.  The drone is 320 feet from me in an obstical free clear straight line. I let slowly was moving left as i saw it drop to 24% I GOT A NOTE THAT CRITICAL BATTERY LEVEL AND THE DRONE STARTS GOING STRAIGHT DOWN SLOWLY!!!. Not a big deal in the local park but it was going straight down about 200 yards off the sand into the Pacific Ocean.  

The controller clearly shows me pulling UP a bit then UP full out as the drone lands itself into the Pacific with 23% of the battery life left.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED THE FIRST YEAR I OWNED THIS DRONE!!! IN ALMOST THE SAME SPOT! DJI was good about warrentee-ing it for me and it has worked flawlessly since. I do the updates. and pay close attention when Im flying.  Something is making these just stop responding to controls and drop from the sky. software glitch is my guess as I see everything is monitored and working.  

4 years old this time... Pretty sure Im screwed.  Ill find out.

2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mastertech. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Drone and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened to the said DJI Drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could analyse the log file here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  Might help you find out what happened.
2021-9-15
Use props
mini2qc
New
Canada

Shoot that sucks.  If you get a reply please post it.
2021-10-8
Use props
desmag
lvl.2
Ireland

Wow, not a nice scenario!!
2021-10-9
Use props
Mastertech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601781 ft
United States

Ok so i got the reply that i expected,   Im screwed.    Again the flight record shows the drone decided to land itself with 24% battery life left, no return to home…just a very slow and very painfull to watch decent into the pacific ocean.  Im screaming and pushing the UP stick yet down it went.

Second drone lost to the pacific…first one dunked itself then flew up and i retrieved it and it was covered under warranty, the second was 4 plus years old
…. Same thing happened about 100 feet from where the first one went down.

They offered me a new phantom 4 for 1600$…i passed and just purchased a new mavic 2 zoom.

We will see if it happens again.  I fly over the ocean a lot
2021-10-10
Use props
fans3f55c2ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568442 ft
United States

Wow, that is sad. It is a little scary as well since I just bought a DJI drone about a week ago. I have flown remote control aviation devices for well over 20 years, but I am new to the DJI devices.
2021-10-10
Use props
fans3f55c2ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568442 ft
United States

Mastertech Posted at 10-10 06:50
Ok so i got the reply that i expected,   Im screwed.    Again the flight record shows the drone decided to land itself with 24% battery life left, no return to home…just a very slow and very painfull to watch decent into the pacific ocean.  Im screaming and pushing the UP stick yet down it went.

Second drone lost to the pacific…first one dunked itself then flew up and i retrieved it and it was covered under warranty, the second was 4 plus years old

Sorry to hear of your misfortune over the Pacific Ocean Mastertech.
2021-10-10
Use props
Yellowcube777
New
United States

Mastertech Posted at 10-10 06:50

Second drone lost to the pacific…first one dunked itself then flew up and i retrieved it and it was covered under warranty, the second was 4 plus years old

Whoa….I can relate to the screaming.  It was painful just to read this post.  I would have freaked out.  
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules