DJI Mini 2 Speed
731 4 2021-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC8
lvl.1
Canada

Hi,
My first post! I have a newish (2 months old) DJI mini 2 that I have been flying fairly regularly. I am noticing lately that the flying speed is never crossing 8 m/sec, whereas in the past, even a couple of weeks ago, the drone was able to reach 16 m/sec. I have tested in every direction to gauge whether the wind speed is causing the decline in flight speed but apparently not. Any idea what may have caused this.

Also, I see these Youtube videos about folks flying their Mini 2 for endless distances, and yet every time I try to go beyond 2.5 km even on a clear day with a clear line of sight, I start losing RC contact. Is there a way to boost the signal so that I can fly the drone a bit farther away?

Many thanks,
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AC8. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2021-9-15
Use props
AC8
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-15 22:01
Hello there AC8. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for your reply, Stephen. I am using an iphone 11 pro. Thank you for the suggestion of using the drone in a different location. I will try that.
2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AC8 Posted at 9-17 19:22
Thank you for your reply, Stephen. I am using an iphone 11 pro. Thank you for the suggestion of using the drone in a different location. I will try that.

Hi there AC8. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance and fly safe always.
2021-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have a spare set of props, swap them over.  It doesn’t take much for the props to loose their shake and become less efficient.
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules