1978 11 2021-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered an OM5 directly from DJI during the first day release, September 9...they 'shipped' on the 9th a few hours after the order... Bravo.  Since then it has missed the delivery date 4 times.From there on, UPS has been slow slow slow.  I'm baseing this characterization when measured against FedEX.  When I ordered my Air 2 with Smart Controller, it was shipped and received in 4 days.  Both shipments came from DJI in China.  Here's the manifiest as of September 16th.  Of note, multiple (5) 'clearances' and three 'releases' of questionable necessity.  And it has been awaiting two different "government agency" releases over the last few days while parcel is stuck in the UPS facility in Kentucky.  

So, if you've ordered recently, hope for FedEx if you're the least bit impatient.

UPS slow shipping

UPS slow shipping

2021-9-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your order number via your forum account, I'll forward it to our logistics team to help you keep an eye on it and push the UPS to deliver your parcel as earlier as possible. Hope you will receive it soon.
2021-9-16
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-16 22:26
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your order number via your forum account, I'll forward it to our logistics team to help you keep an eye on it and push the UPS to deliver your parcel as earlier as possible. Hope you will receive it soon.

Natalia... thanks for 'watching' but nothing improved.   In fact, the CLEARED CUSTOMS from September 16th was followed by ANOTHER Import Scan and another Cleared Customs annotation made.
I have no idea what's going on but the parcel seems to be in some sort of scan/prepare/clear/rescan/release/scan/prepare cycle!
Not sure why you moved this out of OM5.... I think others who recently ordered might benefit from knowing there is a problem with these large, first shipments. Still waiting ....png (383.1 KB, Down times: 0)
2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 9-17 14:09
Natalia... thanks for 'watching' but nothing improved.   In fact, the CLEARED CUSTOMS from September 16th was followed by ANOTHER Import Scan and another Cleared Customs annotation made.
I have no idea what's going on but the parcel seems to be in some sort of scan/prepare/clear/rescan/release/scan/prepare cycle!
Not sure why you moved this out of OM5.... I think others who recently ordered might benefit from knowing there is a problem with these large, first shipments.

Sorry to have kept you waiting. I fully understand how you are feeling. Our corresponding team is contacting UPS to know more details about the issue. If there is an update, we'll keep you updated soon.
2021-9-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-17 18:27
Sorry to have kept you waiting. I fully understand how you are feeling. Our corresponding team is contacting UPS to know more details about the issue. If there is an update, we'll keep you updated soon.

Thanks... Just wanted to keep you informed.  UPS has always given me fits, especially on international processing (a custom 'ukulele made in Italy took over 4 weeks and cost me an extra $80 to get it cleared by UPS because they couldn't get the customs to value or match the instrument as a "musical instrument" !!)
Anyhow I just got notification that it left Kentucky and arrived in my home state... it's moving !!!
2021-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

WebParrot Posted at 9-18 05:48
Thanks... Just wanted to keep you informed.  UPS has always given me fits, especially on international processing (a custom 'ukulele made in Italy took over 4 weeks and cost me an extra $80 to get it cleared by UPS because they couldn't get the customs to value or match the instrument as a "musical instrument" !!)
Anyhow I just got notification that it left Kentucky and arrived in my home state... it's moving !!!

Thanks for the update. It's glad to hear that. Hope you can receive it soon. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2021-9-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-18 17:39
Thanks for the update. It's glad to hear that. Hope you can receive it soon. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

As I posted in another thread having to do with someone else's delays... here goes...

Geez... It finally arrived.  FiVE days bouncing around at the UPS facility in Looserville, Ken#ucky,  Scanned, cleared/released and scanned again, every day except the last.  Then it sat in the facilities in Wisconsin over the weekend, making no progress to my home until Monday 09/20.

The box is so battered and bruised I'm afraid to open it !!! While not torn or crushed, it looks like it spent the weeks in a package tumbler with used auto parts and tires !!!

Yes... it's a UPS 'thing' but DJI needs to step up and figure out what's going on... FWIW, I have a "regular" local guy who brings my packages.... HE apologize for the condition of the parcel.  While -he noted- it wasn't crushed, it did look like it missed a few hundred feet of conveyer belt on it's way to a truck!!  At lease HE was nice enough to knock on my door and offer alternatives, including refusing deliver.  I declined, but it this thing doesn't work flawlessly....
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 9-20 12:37
As I posted in another thread having to do with someone else's delays... here goes...

We are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Could you take some photos of the package and send us an email to support@dji.com? We'd like to know more details and follow up.
After sending the email, you'll receive a ticket number automatically, please let me know the ticket number, thanks.
2021-9-20
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-20 19:37
We are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Could you take some photos of the package and send us an email to ? We'd like to know more details and follow up.
After sending the email, you'll receive a ticket number automatically, please let me know the ticket number, thanks.

Mod Natalia,... just saw your PM on this...

Sorry, but the packaging made it to the recycling bin.... too gunky to keep around. I just checked and my recycling has already been picked up. But thanks for asking.

I was wavering on whether to keep the product and chanced opening it to see if it was damaged. The internal packaging held up pretty well; though two of the corners were bent in and the internal foam sheet (that protects the zoom switch) was warn through.  The unit seems to operate just fine.  With no external signs of damage, I'll use it a lot this week and if it fails I will let you know.
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 9-21 14:54
Mod Natalia,... just saw your PM on this...

Sorry, but the packaging made it to the recycling bin.... too gunky to keep around. I just checked and my recycling has already been picked up. But thanks for asking.

Got it. Hope everything goes smoothly. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2021-9-21
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-21 19:07
Got it. Hope everything goes smoothly. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you…
2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're most welcome.
2021-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules