Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear DJI Support.

The Air 2S is somehow allowing the old files to overwrite the new files rather then the new files to overwrite old files. I was filming yesterday without having formatted the sd card and many of the new videos I shot were replaced with the old videos I shot previously with the same file number. The drone should have new files overwrite the old files but Ideally it should recognize the last video or photo file number and start the naming from there rather than alwayus starting back at DJI_0001. If people are in travel switching cards back and fourth there will be a lot of missing files when they review them. Please fix this.
Thanks
Felix

2021-9-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What you are saying makes no sense.
Old files left on the SD card can't "overwrite" new files.
If you've left files on the SD card, any new files should appear after them with file numbers following on from the older numbers.

Try a little desktop test shooting to work out what's really happening.
2021-9-16
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-16 17:25
What you are saying makes no sense.
Old files left on the SD card can't "overwrite" new files.
If you've left files on the SD card, any new files should appear after them with file numbers following on from the older numbers.

So your saying the new files are overwriting the old files but that should also not be happening. the drone should read the last sequence and start recording from there and not starting overwriting. I'll go out and try to replicate again and will post results.
2021-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans589cba4b Posted at 9-16 17:33
So your saying the new files are overwriting the old files but that should also not be happening. the drone should read the last sequence and start recording from there and not starting overwriting. I'll go out and try to replicate again and will post results.

You don't have to go out and do anything, Just test it indoors on your bench, the effects should be the same.
2021-9-16
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-16 18:55
You don't have to go out and do anything, Just test it indoors on your bench, the effects should be the same.

i'm testing now and it seems fine. I'll keep an eye out of this happens again. I'm not sure what caused it but half the new files I shot were missing. I also shot a 360 panorama and it was completely not even written on the card.
2021-9-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans589cba4b Posted at 9-16 17:33

So your saying the new files are overwriting the old files but that should also not be happening.
I didn't say anything like that.
2021-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You won't get much help here if you set the posts to 'Private'. Besides, old files cannot overwrite new files, unless you have managed to invent time travel.
2021-9-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Why did you do that?
Now no-one can see the thread.
2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take note of this one and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Just a friendly reminder to back up all the files on your SD card and check the storage location every before the flight to avoid any issues. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-9-17
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans589cba4b Posted at 9-16 19:24
i'm testing now and it seems fine. I'll keep an eye out of this happens again. I'm not sure what caused it but half the new files I shot were missing. I also shot a 360 panorama and it was completely not even written on the card.

This is a weird thing with 360 pano files. What happens is:
- You have all settings correct (so also save to sd card)
- Start pano
- It takes pictures to lets say 50%
- 50% to 100% in the process is the processing and saving the files
- But you used the controls before the process finished to 100%

If you use any of the controls it will not save the files to the SD card.

It took me ages to figure this out until I saw a post here that explained it.
So try again and if you make a 360 pano and save to the sd card (raw or jpg) wait to finish the process before touching any of the controls

2021-9-17
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

AlexanderK Posted at 9-17 23:59
This is a weird thing with 360 pano files. What happens is:
- You have all settings correct (so also save to sd card)
- Start pano

Alex, thanks for this explanation as this has previously happened to me and I didn't know why the file stopped writing!
2021-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules