Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346972 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi there,

Anyone has any ideas how to override GPS weak signal in manual mode? I want do some dives with DJI FPV with Insta360 mounted. But it's somehow interferies with GPS signal and even in manual mode you can't go higher than 30m. That's basically makes useless DJI FPV drone in any creative way.

Is there any methods to override that max GPSless flight? Or even disable GPS or smhw make it possible to use DJI FPV with insta360/gopro cameras?
2021-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there YoulluPukki. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have mounted the Insta360 on there DJI drones can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter.  Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-9-16
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I had the same problem. And for me the answer was nope, kinda, and hell no!  Lol

https://youtu.be/v3d5aXovjKQ
2021-9-16
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 23:44
Hello there YoulluPukki. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have mounted the Insta360 on there DJI drones can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter.  Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.

Yeah safety first, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone too.
2021-9-16
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

SgtRay Posted at 9-16 23:44
I had the same problem. And for me the answer was nope, kinda, and hell no!  Lol

https://youtu.be/v3d5aXovjKQ

That's kind of news that frustrating me. Working on to find underneath mount for action cameras.
2021-9-16
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

I honestly think that the DJI FPV was not designed to mount third party action cameras .... and I don't understand the will to want to do it !!

The DJI FPV tuning is already at the limit of decency for how it was designed and mounting action cameras with handcrafted supports can only have the consequence of making this drone fly even worse and above all a safety risk !!

I do not understand why persist in trying to do this when there are many FPV drones designed to mount an action cam with fantastic results !!!

My advice is to take an FPV build with DJI's digital system and fly with that .... you will have a lot of satisfaction.

Use the DJI FPV as it was thought by the DJI !!!

Logically this is my thought that I have been flying FPV for almost 6 years
2021-9-17
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-17 00:47
Hello !!

I honestly think that the DJI FPV was not designed to mount third party action cameras .... and I don't understand the will to want to do it !!

You right, but for me, who used only GPS drones DJI FPV was promised as easy-breazy enter to FPV world, but in fact, the more you use it, the more you realize its not an FPV drone but also it's not an GPS drone.
2021-9-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same problem and no solution. Maybe there is a way to turn off any wireless connectivity of the insta360 (because the DJIs GPS works as long as the Insta360 is turned off) but I haven't found it. For me it works with a GoPro Hero 6.
2021-9-17
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Depp Posted at 9-17 02:57
I have the same problem and no solution. Maybe there is a way to turn off any wireless connectivity of the insta360 (because the DJIs GPS works as long as the Insta360 is turned off) but I haven't found it. For me it works with a GoPro Hero 6.

Somehow it's interfere with GPS when recording is active
2021-9-17
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!

I understand and understand your frustration but flying in FPV has never been easy ... DJI FPV is a good way to get involved in this type of flight but believe me the real satisfactions in terms of freestyle only come with builds !!

If I were you I would become familiar with the DJI FPV and then switch to a classic FPV drone .....

Can I ask you if you fly in manual mode with the DJI FPV?

Then, as mentioned, the PID tuning of the DJI FPV needs some corrections to be able to best express the potential of the drone ..... but DJI seems to sleep ...
2021-9-17
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-17 03:14
Hello !!

I understand and understand your frustration but flying in FPV has never been easy ... DJI FPV is a good way to get involved in this type of flight but believe me the real satisfactions in terms of freestyle only come with builds !!

Yes I'm using manual mode, and wanted to do some dives with 360 camera. But it's blocking GPS (and tbh I thought it wouldn`t be an issue due to manual flight) and drone doesn`t goes more than 30m height.

So it's not real MANUAL mode imho.
2021-9-17
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!!

Honestly, the limit of the drone is 500 meters above sea level ..... even if the flight restrictions in Europe are 120m.

Without mounting the Insta on the drone can you climb in altitude?

I have never had problems reaching altitudes of up to 500 meters, for example in the mountains following the slope ....

I can't understand where the problem is .... in manual mode the drone behaves like a normal FPV drone .....

If the Insta is equipped with GPS then try to disable it on the action cam ..... unfortunately I don't use that type of action cam on my builds
2021-9-17
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-17 05:37
Hello !!!

Honestly, the limit of the drone is 500 meters above sea level ..... even if the flight restrictions in Europe are 120m.

I need about 100m height to dive but without GPS it's limited to 30m.
2021-9-17
Use props
fans0db8b6d2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 679892 ft
Colombia

I know what you feeling, I am trying to do the same with a naked gopro and I have the same problem
2021-9-17
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!

he DJI FPV camera with ND filters applied is not bad at all ..... but why do you have to put a third party action camera on it?

I advise you to enjoy your drone as it was designed and you will have wonderful days .....
2021-9-17
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-17 13:20
Hello !!

he DJI FPV camera with ND filters applied is not bad at all ..... but why do you have to put a third party action camera on it?

Idea was to make immersive 360 video diving to a canyon. It's not about "slightly better camera" it's about completely new level of content creation for VR.

And it's failed
2021-9-17
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

YoulluPukki Posted at 9-17 21:51
Idea was to make immersive 360 video diving to a canyon. It's not about "slightly better camera" it's about completely new level of content creation for VR.

And it's failed

That's the same reason why I tried it out on mine. I guess he doesn't understand that trying doesn't hurt anything.

I don't blame DJI for it not working. My money my choice but at least I did get one good video out of it before I gave up the dream.

https://youtu.be/jxg5HiZw6hE

I'm now building or you can say I've built a Knight 360 drone  To keep the dream alive and just move it to another drone. You may want to look into doing the same. There are 2 good 360 frames on the market and can both use the DJI goggles with the air system
2021-9-17
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

SgtRay Posted at 9-17 22:31
That's the same reason why I tried it out on mine. I guess he doesn't understand that trying doesn't hurt anything.

I don't blame DJI for it not working. My money my choice but at least I did get one good video out of it before I gave up the dream.

Yah, totally agreed. So in fact DJI FPV not real FPV, it's more like cinematic FPV class
2021-9-17
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

YoulluPukki Posted at 9-17 23:08
Yah, totally agreed. So in fact DJI FPV not real FPV, it's more like cinematic FPV class

The DJI FPV is what they say it is. A mix of all. It's a good mix. I don't know of any drone out that sits so much in the middle of it all.

It's not perfect but it was never meant to be. But it does a little of it all. I've shown in my vids it's action sides. Others have shown it's other sides.

If some one wanted a perfect racer then they should go get one. Same for the other types. But if you want one that can touch on all the classes then this is it.

I show kids as low as 8 how to fly in one battery and have them whipping around at 60mph in the same flight. So yes it's not half bad at training.

And I own a LOT of drones. This is a fun one. If people would stop being mad that they don't understand it maybe DJI will have the new ver show them something else they've never seen
2021-9-18
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!

I can assure you that with the DJI FPV you can do all the dives you want ..... you have to be able as with all FPV drones !!

I repeat the PID tuning of the DJI FPV is not perfect but if you adapt the rates to your driving style you can really do everything with the DJI FPV !!

I live and fly only in the mountains and I can assure you that by now I fly at high altitude only with the DJI FPV and not much with my Chimera 7 "....

Because the security that the DJI FPV transmits to me, none of my long range builds can give me.

I repeat no action camera of any kind on my DJI FPV and I use it as any FPV drone in my possession.

The DJi FPV was unfortunately little understood by many .... and especially by those who flew before with the various Mavics and the like.

I repeat flying in acro FPV is not something you can learn in a short time.
2021-9-18
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-18 13:40
Hello !!

I can assure you that with the DJI FPV you can do all the dives you want ..... you have to be able as with all FPV drones !!

I know what he is trying to do. If the FPV drone doesn't get the sat's it lock you out of "M". I have the same 360 and I've tried with 3 mounts. He and I have reasons for trying that you just don't seem to understand.

So he and I experimented. It didn't work for me so I moved on. I put up vid so the next person can judge for them selves. What a 360 camera can do the DJI can not. It was worth a try for me. No harm no foul. I've seen you vids and they are nice. but you cant do what this cam can.

People push the envelope that how we got the drone. I only caution not to blame DJI if it goes bad.
As for FPV flight for some it is very easy. I'm one of them. I have a room full of them. from 3 motor to 5.  I teach kids from 8 and up and in one battery they zip along in S mode. Can they do tricks? Probably, but my drone cost too much to find out lol

I think enough people out there have shown that there is some kind of reason to try almost anything with this drone, good and bad. You should just try to help the ones you can and then sit back and watch.

Their money their choice
2021-9-18
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-18 13:40
Hello !!

Also rotor riot did a set of vids taking a noob from N to trick in M in only a few weeks and that guy didn't get to practice. Watch that and then tell me how hard it is.
2021-9-18
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Original dobo on youtube runs his dji fpv with an 360 mounted on the back, look at his chanel
2021-9-18
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Whoreable Posted at 9-18 20:25
Original dobo on youtube runs his dji fpv with an 360 mounted on the back, look at his chanel

That was the one that caused mine to crash from overheat. I did a vid on it. I was most likely due to the heat of the desert. But it was able to get enough sat's
2021-9-18
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!

I understand very well what you are trying to do !!! I only say that if the DJI FPV is not designed for these things and should be used for how it was designed with all its limitations !!

Freestyle flight for almost 6 years with full kiss build and I can assure you that you can do light freestyle even with the DJI FPV but I only use it for long range flight and cruise ...

Nobody says it's easy but FPV flying isn't for everyone unfortunately.

I recommend only before doing damage with the DJI FPV to use a classic FPV drone to mount your dear action cameras and make fantastic flights !!ke fantastic flights !!
2021-9-18
Use props
Michel Mutabazi
New

France

There is a solution for that, this is the same issue with the GP9 on top of the DJi fpv drone, the solution is to insulate RF from the camera to avoid interference with the GPS chip of the drone, GPS frequency is arround 1,2-1,5Khz many actions camera's cpu have these frequencies while recording. Put an aluminium layer arround your camera, then you are good to go
2021-12-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Good Day guys!
I hooked Gopro10 on dji fpv today .. lost gps signal immediately from 20 gps to only 5 sometimes 4 gps
tried to move the camera forward and backward with a hope to increase the signal with no luck.
all wireless connectivity was disabled.

Even with that situation i flew the drone. the drone acted weird with limitations to height.

Also the extra weight of the camera made the drone acted like an old man chevelle 66 shines but smokes the blues.   
It flys way better without a gopro above.

heres a video of what happened today!

2021-12-7
Use props
djiuser_yBOeicGBtn8W
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-9-16 23:44
Hello there YoulluPukki. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have mounted the Insta360 on there DJI drones can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter.  Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.

Specifically a mount or an electronic device? The gps signal is fine with a mount attached but put an osmo action on there and it drops all satellites.
2022-5-13
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Every electronic device emits more or less, depending on the internal shielding, electromagnetic fields (EMF) that interfere with other devices and their electronics.
For example, if you put the GoPro or Insta360 with started recording on your smartphone display, you can see that all GPS satellites are disturbed in reception.
Therefore, only additional shielding helps here. Personally, I would not risk it without such additional shielding!
If the DJI FPV receives too few satellites, think under 8, you will be able to control even in M mode, only up and down.
Without GPS, it is assumed you are in a no fly zone.

To shield electromagnetic fields, it would be ideal to use copper (for electro-) and nickel (for -magnetic) in combination.
There are other useful metals, but this combo is quite effective and very readily available.

I fly without affecting the satellites with it, you can no longer tell the difference in GPS with or without GoPro:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=261658
2022-5-15
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Max90payneFPV Posted at 2021-9-17 13:20
Hello !!

he DJI FPV camera with ND filters applied is not bad at all ..... but why do you have to put a third party action camera on it?

because the stabilization of DJI FPV is poor and will not come close to GoPro in the future. As long as the gyro data from DJI is not used and not published, it is technically not better possible. Image stabilization only by software and by estimating the shake, will never be 100% satisfactory.
That's exactly why you strap a GoPro onto your FPV copter.
2022-5-15
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

So I have been trying to figure a work around with this problem.  Everyone so far mention I have noticed on my DJI FPV.  I get perfect GPS locks when the Insta360 One RS is mounted.  As soon as you turn it on it will lose satellite.  Around 12-14.  As soon as you press the record button down to zero.  So I know it has to do with electromagnetic interference.

At least in drone firmware 1.02.00.00 I can fly without a GPS lock in manual mode, in N or S you are limited to like 92ft or something like that.

What I have done is getting some extension arms and move the camera FRONT of the drone.  I am still trying to figure out how far forward or high (away from the GPS chip) without over heating the front motors.

But so far in my testing I can move the camera forward about .75" I get about 12-14 satellite lock and the N & S mode flies happy while the Insta360 One RS is recording.  Can't get accurate flight log data (ie Airdata).

When I have time I am going to see if I can move it up and forward with more extension arms.
2022-5-18
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

Update

I have no moved my Insta360 One RS almost 2.5" forward and I am still getting CRAP GPS lock.
Off = Full lock
On = 12-14 Lock
Record = 9-10 Lock

2022-5-24
Use props
fans4f9ad749
New

France

mbze430 Posted at 5-24 06:37
Update

I have no moved my Insta360 One RS almost 2.5" forward and I am still getting CRAP GPS lock.

Hello, do you have any news regarding this gps problem?  I used to fix my GO 2 and never had a problem until a few weeks ago.  I don't believe I made any updates to the dji fpv or mask.  And yet, as soon as I start recording, I go from 17 satellites on average to 2 or 3
2022-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules