Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ipad mini 4 always freezing.. CPU overloaded....
1826 8 2021-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roryMAC
lvl.2
South Africa

1#

hi all

i am trying to use a ipad mini4, but its a bad experience... its always freezing...

mavic air 2 latest everything..... fly app and firmware...

why?

IS THE RAM TOO LOW ON MINI4?

the message on the ipad mini is,  "mobile devise CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.

DJI fly version - 1.4.8
aircraft firmware - 01.01.0610
flysafe Database - 01.00.01.23.

the ipad mini is mini 4 with the latest IOS software/version available... 14. something.... 64GB memory

when i do the flights for testing, im not recording a video... i am using smooth transmission....

the ipad is not have  a SIM card, only using  wifi......

its very frustrating..... internet says the ipad mini4 has 2 GB RAM.......?

when i use my android samsung A52 5G, 4 gb RAM its faultless....  128GB memory

i will try again with cache recording deactivated, but i feel i should not do this to get a good experience..

also a note... the ipad is completely wiped, ie its empty... nothing stored really on its memory with the exception of 4 small cache videos from previous flights....

FRUSTRATED...

thanks

2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, it is recommended to prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight with a sunshade or monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. Otherwise, the mobile device may warm up and the CPU may underdock or be fully loaded, which affects flying experiences. Please also note that if the capacity and available storage of the device is low, it cannot perform well with any high-required App.
2021-9-17
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried resetting your iPad back to factory defaults. I have seen other users have issues with tablets and phones that are loaded down with other apps and changes that it can affect the drone app.

I would erase everything, reset it like it was new and then just install the DJI app you need and then try it out.

Hope this helps.
2021-9-17
Use props
roryMAC
lvl.2
South Africa

@ mindy, thanks for that ... its happening in cool night time.... and during day its absolutely not getting hot.

@ cavu, ipad mini4,  it was second hand and wiped clean when i bought it. it only has dji fly instaled. no sim in it to disturb it, and all background things pages apps, are closed... so not being overloaded there... is anyone else experiencing this problem...

my android does not do this

2021-9-19
Use props
roryMAC
lvl.2
South Africa

is anyone else experiencing problems of freezing and CPU overloaded error on ipad mini 4?
2021-9-23
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I have the exact same device and the exact same problem.  I've concluded (without evidence) that the DJI Fly software is just too much of a resource pig for the mini iPad to handle.  I never had problems with Go 4.  DJI Fly used to work on the iPad Mini - sometimes it would complain about the processor being overloaded but it didn't seem to be much of a problem.  With subsequent versions of Fly, the problem got worse and now it just locks up and becomes unflyable.
I now just use my Android phone when I want to fly with DJI Fly.  If I want to use the iPad Mini, I use Maven and it works perfectly.

2021-9-25
Use props
a1r_m0ses_b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5922349 ft
Greece

Have you tried to install a previous version of Fly app ?
2021-9-26
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Same problem here. I went to the mini 5. All's well now. Mini 6 is now out.
2021-9-26
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

a1r_m0ses_b Posted at 9-26 00:38
Have you tried to install a previous version of Fly app ?

I'm not even sure that's possible since the Fly app comes from the App Store.  This problem has been happening to some extent since I first shifted from Go 4 to Fly.  So even if I could roll back, I'm not sure it will fix things and will certainly cause other problems (no zoom, etc.).
2021-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules