12Next >
1331 44 2021-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39715 ft
Germany

This drone was the only >250g Drone who can survive many rules in Europe and you wont add active track (IT WAS POSSILE) but then add just features like Spotlight please this get us a bit more freedom i puchase this drone 2 weeks ago for around 600€ fmc and youre fast on your limits no i dont want a <250 Drone because of Europe rules also dont let us want to chance to parrot or hubsan etc youre the best also be the best!

Greetings from Hamburg!
2021-9-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Do you buy your car and then expect the maker to add new features free of charge later on?
2021-9-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

2 weeks you have waited already???? How patient of you ;-)
2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-17 16:57
Do you buy your car and then expect the maker to add new features free of charge later on?

Now wouldn't that be great if they would do that.   Not ever going to happen though.  
2021-9-18
Use props
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Germany

Do you buy your car and then expect the maker to add new features free of charge later on?

This car example is just bull ... because a normal car cant be programmed to have new abilitys.
2021-9-18
Use props
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 9-17 19:11
2 weeks you have waited already???? How patient of you ;-)
I just sold my others for this <250g Version and was thinking they just had spotlight i knew about active track was not aviable but a simple thing like spotlight was a bit wired look on Hubsan Fimi Parrot etc they can do that 600 was not the biggest price for a good drone but simple spotlight was not a big deal for them
2021-9-18
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Carnifexe Posted at 9-18 07:18
I just sold my others for this >250g Version and was thinking they just had spotlight i knew about active track was not aviable but a simple thing like spotlight was a bit wired look on Hubsan Fimi Parrot etc they can do that 600 was not the biggest price for a good drone but simple spotlight was not a big deal for them

>250g (> means more than) means it weights more than 250g. I guess you want to say <250g (< means less than).
2021-9-18
Use props
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 9-18 07:21
>250g (> means more than) means it weights more than 250g. I guess you want to say

I know sorry for take the wrong one but i was i the train with my 2 Kids and i wrote it in a stressed situation i mean <250g
2021-9-18
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Carnifexe Posted at 9-18 09:03
I know sorry for take the wrong one but i was i the train with my 2 Kids and i wrote it in a stressed situation i mean

Yes, of course everyone did understand your situation: Forced to post on a forum while stressed!
2021-9-18
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Spotlight would be a cool feature to have though.
2021-9-18
Use props
55Kevy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303478 ft
United States

It is what it is.
2021-9-18
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1572595 ft
United States

Carnifexe Posted at 9-18 07:14
This car example is just bull ... because a normal car cant be programmed to have new abilitys.

ummm not true… every Tesla is like that…

even the standard car manufacturers are starting to do this.  but Tesla is the biggest crook in this game
2021-9-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KryosChaos Posted at 9-18 14:15
ummm not true… every Tesla is like that…

even the standard car manufacturers are starting to do this.  but Tesla is the biggest crook in this game

In his defence, he did say "normal car" i don't class leccy cars as normal, not just yet anyway, , Now, a 06 V70, that is a normal car, to me anyway and they cannot be updated by the owner
2021-9-18
Use props
sosojni
lvl.1

Croatia

Do you buy your car and then expect the maker to add new features free of charge later on?

Yes i do. That's why i bought car from good brand that does exactly that for years now. If hardware supports it, i do expect to get upgrades to get maximum out of it. Smart follow / active track / however you want to call it, is possible. Mini 2 already does it with quickshots.
That is just best practice any brand can have with it's customers for good long standing relationship.
2021-9-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sosojni Posted at 9-18 23:10
Yes i do. That's why i bought car from good brand that does exactly that for years now. If hardware supports it, i do expect to get upgrades to get maximum out of it. Smart follow / active track / however you want to call it, is possible. Mini 2 already does it with quickshots.
That is just best practice any brand can have with it's customers for good long standing relationship.

What additional features would you expect your good brand car manufacturer to give you?
I don't think I've ever seen anything like that happen.

Is it best practice for customers to buy a product that does what it was advertised to and complain when it doesn't do more?
If you want other features, buy a drone that has those features .. duh!
The electronic geniuses on the forum that are so sure DJI could magically give them extra features are an ongoing joke.
Some idiot on a forum said it so it must be true.

2021-9-18
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Once the SDK for the Mini 2 gets released, and Litchi adds the MIni 2 support you will eventually get your active track.  Don't hold your breath for DJI to provide it
2021-9-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-18 23:34
What additional features would you expect your good brand car manufacturer to give you?

Agreed, for the price and quality, ya can't argue with it, if they had added stuff like Active Track, what would be the incentive for folks to by the Air, not a lot, there are the sensors i spose,.
So you can see why it doesn't have Active Track etc, there has to be a cut off else more expensive models wouldn't sell as well as they....
2021-9-19
Use props
Gif2D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

And nothing new to be left for Mini 3?
Who will buy the new kid in town then?
2021-9-19
Use props
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Germany

Why every one talks about active track, it was just about spotlight and this is what the mini 2 easy can get and yes, i said easy because, look at quickshot! you are the target and he is just spotlight you, yes it is a part of active track but just want spotlight, so your camera will follow a target / also up and down etc. It was a good choice.
So do not discuss about cars your underwear or what ever please.
2021-9-19
Use props
sosojni
lvl.1

Croatia

Labroides Posted at 9-18 23:34

Since i got my car, it got range upgrade, max speed upgrade, acceleration upgrade. All because they installed good hardware and once they saw it being capeable of it, they upgraded it via software. Not to talk about software only abilities and functionalities, those upgrades are countless. In last 5 year, it is happening all the time.

I did not know about Lichi stuff (new to drones) so if there is possibility, sure, ill wait. Just saying....it's not unheared of to get software upgrades that give you most out of your hardware.

2021-9-19
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not sure why people compare a car to drone?... Not the best comparison tbh.
You'd be better off comparing drones with things like smartphones which do receive regular updates.
Few years ago Huawei has upgraded the camera in p20 pro (enabled 60fps video recording) so it really depends on the company.
From the business POV I get why DJI isn't so keen to keep upgrading its drones. They basically have a monopoly in drone industry, especially in under 250g market. Why would they keep sending free upgrades to customers where whey can release a new model regularly and earn money. It's not like we'll go anywhere... Unless we ended up quitting flying drones completely. Until a serious competitor releases a good under 250g drone, DJI will do whatever the fu*k they want to earn money, and most likely we'll continue buying their brand new stuff blindly. Only then they *might* start listening to our feedback
2021-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sosojni Posted at 9-19 22:15
Since i got my car, it got range upgrade, max speed upgrade, acceleration upgrade. All because they installed good hardware and once they saw it being capeable of it, they upgraded it via software. Not to talk about software only abilities and functionalities, those upgrades are countless. In last 5 year, it is happening all the time.

I did not know about Lichi stuff (new to drones) so if there is possibility, sure, ill wait. Just saying....it's not unheared of to get software upgrades that give you most out of your hardware.

Just saying....it's not unheared of to get software upgrades that give you most out of your hardware.
I've never heard of anything like that.
What kind of car is it?
2021-9-20
Use props
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Germany

moniek1996 Posted at 9-20 00:54
I'm not sure why people compare a car to drone?... Not the best comparison tbh.
You'd be better off comparing drones with things like smartphones which do receive regular updates.
Few years ago Huawei has upgraded the camera in p20 pro (enabled 60fps video recording) so it really depends on the company.

Autel Nano, Fimi x8, Hubsan Mini, Parrot etc. they all hear to the community but my favorite brand dji wobt, cause of money making...
2021-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Carnifexe Posted at 9-20 02:52
Autel Nano, Fimi x8, Hubsan Mini, Parrot etc. they all hear to the community but my favorite brand dji wobt, cause of money making...

You seem to be confusing DJI with Santa Claus.
You contracted with DJI to provide a drone as described in their published specifications.
Not to have them give you presents when you ask for them.
Grow up and get real.
2021-9-20
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

Carnifexe Posted at 9-20 02:52
From my understanding Hubsan Mini didn't turn up as good as people hoped it to be. Fimi x8 reviews aren't that great neither. What I was trying to say wasn't that there are no attempts in making under 250g drone, its that there aren't any alternatives worthwhile considering   .
Sure, you can get Fimi x8 or Hubsan Mini, but you'll end up with worse quality for similar price range. And drones ain't that cheap for your typical enthusiast to go on and spend quite a bit of money of something of  ...*y quality. We need a decent competition that will make a difference.
Fingers crossed in next few years we will have more reliable alternatives.
2021-9-20
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

moniek1996 Posted at 9-20 10:39
From my understanding Hubsan Mini didn't turn up as good as people hoped it to be. Fimi x8 reviews aren't that great neither. What I was trying to say wasn't that there are no attempts in making under 250g drone, its that there aren't any  alternatives worthwhile considering   .
Sure, you can get Fimi x8 or Hubsan Mini, but you'll end up with worse quality for similar price range. And drones ain't that cheap for your typical enthusiast to go on and spend quite a bit of money of something of  ...*y quality. We need a decent competition that will make a difference.
Fingers crossed in next few years we will have more reliable alternatives.

Yep, the lesser drone makers need to price gouge what's currently on the market to get people in.   They were selling fancier drones for just over $100 a few years ago, then their price jumped as did their offerings.  They will not compete with DJI unless their price is at least half, at least.
2021-9-20
Use props
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Germany

Labroides Posted at 9-20 03:19
You seem to be confusing DJI with Santa Claus.
You contracted with DJI to provide a drone as described in their published specifications.
Not to have them give you presents when you ask for them.

First of all i dont need to grow up, i dont know whats your mission is to try a conversation like this.
Dont be a childish guy.

Easy situation, a 600€ Drone with restrictions of functions because they want you to buy the next bigger products i know its a normal company philosophy but if there was bugs they will fix it, if the community suggest a functions they arnt blind and think about, so its nothing like others who are crying for active track bla bla its just a spotlight function.

but i learned one thing MANY peoples in the Drone communiry are just headless idiots and complain others for making mistakes or suggestions or only if they have theyr own
thoughts. i dont want to say every one but in my own community with 34000 Members there is nothing like this where peoples bein attacked for a good suggest...

and btw im sorry for my grammar i come from germany (okay next complain against me?)
i dont know how to explain my self in a better way so i try to ;)
2021-9-20
Use props
sosojni
lvl.1

Croatia

Labroides Posted at 9-20 02:31
Just saying....it's not unheared of to get software upgrades that give you most out of your hardware.
I've never heard of anything like that.
What kind of car is it?

Tesla model 3 in my personal case. But same happened on basically all other models. They are upgrading capabilities once they get enough data on for example battery degradation etc. Sometimes (before Model 3) they even called in people to come and replace one piece of hardware for free. But, i don't want to go too far into off topic, all i wanted to do is to show that software upgrades enabling existing hardware is not something that no one ever did. I heard that some other automotive companies are doing same. I can not speak of drone industry as i am really new into it so i do not have examples. I apologize if we went too deep into off topic. I support DJI to upgrade or not, it's their decision that will later on have impact on my decision when i decide to upgrade my mini into something more serious or newer. It's free market.
2021-9-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Carnifexe Posted at 9-20 23:55
First of all i dont need to grow up, i dont know whats your mission is to try a conversation like this.
Dont be a childish guy.

First of all i dont need to grow up,
I'm not convinced

i dont know whats your mission is to try a conversation like this.
I was trying to inject a small amount of reality, but I guess I failed.

Dont be a childish guy.
It's not me that's being childish.

Easy situation, a 600€ Drone with restrictions of functions because they want you to buy the next bigger products i know its a normal company philosophy
You know nothing about "company philosophy".
Whether a company produces drones, computers or cars, they'll have a range from cheaper, entry level models to more expensive models with more features.
The idea that DJI can just add features to their entry level models, but doesn't because they want you to buy more expensive drones is ridiculous.
Despite what the "experts" tell you, it's not a simple matter to just add features when the drone lacks the processing power, the sensors or hardware that's necessary.
If you want the top drone, go and buy the  drone that does what you want.
Don't buy something that doesn't and has never been advertised as doing it.

but i learned one thing MANY peoples in the Drone communiry are just headless idiots and complain others for making mistakes or suggestions or only if they have theyr own
thoughts. i dont want to say every one but in my own community with 34000 Members there is nothing like this where peoples bein attacked for a good suggest...

Pointing out a little reality isn't attacking.
And the stupid idea you and others continue to push isn't a good idea.

and btw im sorry for my grammar i come from germany (okay next complain against me?)
i dont know how to explain my self in a better way so i try to ;)
I wouldn't complain ... your English is much better than my German.

2021-9-21
Use props
Carnifexe
lvl.1
Germany

Labroides Posted at 9-21 05:31
I'm not convinced

I was trying to inject a small amount of reality, but I guess I failed.
Look this is what im talking About...

It's not me that's being childish.
Not? Ok.

You know nothing about "company philosophy".
I had my own E-Cig busines since 11 years now, so this is why i absolutly CAN talk like this. There is alot of programming and restrictions to get the users for a better model

Whether a company produces drones, computers or cars, they'll have a range from cheaper, entry level models to more expensive models with more features.
This is what im talking about, but you forget, they restrict simple features because you need to buy the more expansive ones with more features. btw. my learned profession was car mechanic and electrican

The idea that DJI can just add features to their entry level models, but doesn't because they want you to buy more expensive drones is ridiculous.
No its not, its simple see above

Despite what the "experts" tell you, it's not a simple matter to just add features when the drone lacks the processing power, the sensors or hardware that's necessary.
True but, if the feature is in another way in, so why now add another ones, like Spotlight or Waypoints? The hardware does not get a bigger deal with because, look for orbital, etc. there are all options included like track and spotting.

If you want the top drone, go and buy the  drone that does what you want.
Don't buy something that doesn't and has never been advertised as doing it.
True but i said allready im from germany, we had alot of restrictions, in some wired way, so to be able flyin normaly, i have to use a <250g Drone, and Dji means quality!

I wouldn't complain ... your English is much better than my German.
Thank you for this but there is alot of people complain about my broken english :-P
2021-9-21
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 9-21 05:31
I'm not convinced

Very well said. Totally agree.
2021-9-21
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1572595 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-18 19:15
In his defence, he did say "normal car" i don't class leccy cars as normal, not just yet anyway, , Now, a 06 V70, that is a normal car, to me anyway and they cannot be updated by the owner

I don't know about that either.. .the last couple years almost every manufacture has had firmware updates to their car for both the nav system and internal systems.  It is normally something. a dealer has to do and that makes sense but I would bet that more and more cars are having updates/upgrades via this manor
2021-9-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KryosChaos Posted at 9-21 12:58
I don't know about that either.. .the last couple years almost every manufacture has had firmware updates to their car for both the nav system and internal systems.  It is normally something. a dealer has to do and that makes sense but I would bet that more and more cars are having updates/upgrades via this manor

fw updates in cars are just that, we cannot request updates whereas with DJI its encouraged, whether it will be implemented in your drone at the time is another matter, some are but i bet a lot of what DJI can do now are feature requests from day dot.
2021-9-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sosojni Posted at 9-21 02:08
Tesla model 3 in my personal case. But same happened on basically all other models. They are upgrading capabilities once they get enough data on for example battery degradation etc. Sometimes (before Model 3) they even called in people to come and replace one piece of hardware for free. But, i don't want to go too far into off topic, all i wanted to do is to show that software upgrades enabling existing hardware is not something that no one ever did. I heard that some other automotive companies are doing same. I can not speak of drone industry as i am really new into it so i do not have examples. I apologize if we went too deep into off topic. I support DJI to upgrade or not, it's their decision that will later on have impact on my decision when i decide to upgrade my mini into something more serious or newer. It's free market.

Tesla model 3 in my personal case.
Your Tesla experience has given you unrealistic expectations.
The real world isn't like that.

I support DJI to upgrade or not, it's their decision that will later on have impact on my decision when i decide to upgrade my mini into something more serious or newer. It's free market.
I'd suggest looking at Santa Claus drones if you want entry level models to be updated to top of the line models after you purchase.
Get for the model that also includes 3 wishes.

2021-9-21
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It never ceases to amaze me that some buyers somehow expect a better deal in the future from the seller of their purchase. I simply cannot imagine from where that misguided impression is born. I can only guess that they failed to read the specifications before the purchase. Even cell phone manufacturers do not add features even though they make frequent updates, mostly to fix issues with the product.
2021-9-21
Use props
sosojni
lvl.1

Croatia

Labroides Posted at 9-21 20:18
Tesla model 3 in my personal case.
Your Tesla experience has given you unrealistic expectations.
The real world isn't like that.

Tesla IS real world. It's as real as it gets. But, it's not only Tesla doing it. Other car manufacturers started doing "over the air" updates too. Don't trust, me on my word, google it. It is nothing out of the ordinary to get updates to get max out of your hardware. But, we don't have to stop on cars. We can go much closer to drones. I get new software updates for my graphics card every few weeks that make it better than it used to be and more optimized and faster than it used to be. I get updates for my motherboard that give it new features, i get updates for my mobile phone  that give it new features and options. Real world IS like that for quiet some time. Same goes with BUNCH of other electronics that support updating. Optimizations, new features etc. It's every day, real world situation.

Plus, i am not asking manufacturer to change my mini 2 into something that is top of the line. Auto follow is far from it. It's simple software update that they can do whenever they want without of any extra cost and which would work with my existing hardware (as it already is auto following me in quickshots and is working fine).

But, as i said, at the end, i will be judge of it all. Once i start thinking about upgrading i will see if DJI is worth new chance or will i switch to other manufacturer. It's up to them and up to me. You can stay in some old version of reality where no software updates exist, especially those that maximize your current hardware.
2021-9-30
Use props
sosojni
lvl.1

Croatia

GaryDoug Posted at 9-21 21:13
It never ceases to amaze me that some buyers somehow expect a better deal in the future from the seller of their purchase. I simply cannot imagine from where that misguided impression is born. I can only guess that they failed to read the specifications before the purchase. Even cell phone manufacturers do not add features even though they make frequent updates, mostly to fix issues with the product.

Your phone never got any software update that gave it new feature? What are you using as a phone...pigeon? It is basically IMPOSSIBLE not to get updates with new features unless you are actively blocking software updates and installs.

Software updates that maximize hardware are normal things for quiet some time, and by "some time" we are talking 10+ years.
2021-9-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sosojni Posted at 9-30 00:43
Tesla IS real world. It's as real as it gets. But, it's not only Tesla doing it. Other car manufacturers started doing "over the air" updates too. Don't trust, me on my word, google it. It is nothing out of the ordinary to get updates to get max out of your hardware. But, we don't have to stop on cars. We can go much closer to drones. I get new software updates for my graphics card every few weeks that make it better than it used to be and more optimized and faster than it used to be. I get updates for my motherboard that give it new features, i get updates for my mobile phone  that give it new features and options. Real world IS like that for quiet some time. Same goes with BUNCH of other electronics that support updating. Optimizations, new features etc. It's every day, real world situation.

Plus, i am not asking manufacturer to change my mini 2 into something that is top of the line. Auto follow is far from it. It's simple software update that they can do whenever they want without of any extra cost and which would work with my existing hardware (as it already is auto following me in quickshots and is working fine).

Plus, i am not asking manufacturer to change my mini 2 into something that is top of the line.
You want DJI to wave a magic wand and change your entry-level economy drone and give it features it was never designed or built for.

Auto follow is far from it. It's simple software update that they can do whenever they want without of any extra cost and which would work with my existing hardware.
If you understand enough to tell that, then why not upgrade your drone yourself?
Yur idea that your drone has the capability but DJI just don't want to give it to you is laughable cargo-cult nonsense.

Once i start  thinking about upgrading i will see if DJI is worth new chance or will i  switch to other manufacturer.
You should buy a Tesla fantasy drone to go with the fantasy world you are living in.

You can  stay in some old version of reality where no software updates exist,  especially those that maximize your current hardware.
I bought a drone that does what I want and need .. it's an old-fashioned concept that you wouldn't understand.
That was nearly 5 years ago and DJI still haven't released a drone with a better camera or better performance.
Software updates can't make my drone do anything else I need.
I'll have to keep waiting for something that's built with the hardware to do what I want.

2021-9-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sosojni Posted at 9-30 00:47
Your phone never got any software update that gave it new feature? What are you using as a phone...pigeon? It is basically IMPOSSIBLE not to get updates with new features unless you are actively blocking software updates and installs.

Software updates that maximize hardware are normal things for quiet some time, and by "some time" we are talking 10+ years.

Your phone never got any software update that gave it new feature?

No .. none of my phones ever got any additional features or noticeable improvements from software "updates"

Software updates that maximize hardware are normal things for quiet some time, and by "some time" we are talking 10+ years.You live in a fantasy world.
Software updates contain trivial bug fixes and tweaks but very, very rarely any actual new feature.
2021-9-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules