1340 44 2021-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-18 05:32
Now wouldn't that be great if they would do that.   Not ever going to happen though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
2021-9-30
Use props
sosojni
lvl.1

Croatia

Labroides Posted at 9-30 05:19
Plus, i am not asking manufacturer to change my mini 2 into something that is top of the line.
You want DJI to wave a magic wand and change your entry-level economy drone and give it features it was never designed or built for.

I don't know how to quote on this forum so ill just write it good ol way.

No i do not expect DJI to "wave magic wand and change my drone to something it was not designed or built for".
DJI Mini 2 has ALL needed hardware to do auto follow. All it needs is software which already exist. I am not talking about "better camera" or silly arguments like that. What i am talking about is: "Let me use hardware that i bought from you to it's maximum potential".

I WOULD do it myself but DJI needs to open SDK for it. Once they do that (if they do that, again, it's up to them) Mini 2 will have auto follow and BUNCH of other features it has hardware for. It will not be first product that becomes better with open SDK than it was originally. To make it all comical, i already AM doing it by cheating built in Quick shots so dron can follow me around under most circumstances (google it up, Youtube is full of those cheats). It's tragic that you do not understand that magic option that i am asking for ALREADY exists on that same drone, all i am aksing is simpler user interface. I am not asking for anything non existand or out of the ordinary.

BTW You are probably only person in this world that never received any upgrade of it's device via software update.

You have right to love DJI for not letting us maximize hardware they sold to us, i have right to look at it from my own perspective, and DJI has right not to give rats ass about it or to upgrade software or open SDK.

As i said before, at the end, i will be judge of it all and decide if they deserve my future money or not, and i am not alone. It's up to DJI to do it or not.
2021-9-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sosojni Posted at 9-30 12:18
I don't know how to quote on this forum so ill just write it good ol way.

No i do not expect DJI to "wave magic wand and change my drone to something it was not designed or built for".

DJI Mini 2 has ALL needed hardware to do auto follow. All it needs is software which already exist.
I think you are fooling yourself about this like you fool yourself that all those software updates are actually giving you new features.

BTW You are probably only person in this world that never received any upgrade of it's device via software update.
Perhaps you are the only person in the world that thinks update is the same as upgrade.

You have right to love DJI for not letting us maximize hardware they sold to us, i have right to look at it from my own perspective
It's got nothing to do with how much I love DJI.
It's about reality vs the stupid cargo cult mentality some members have accepted.
It's like a drone flying Qanon cult that refuses to accept reality and will never be convinced by facts.

2021-9-30
Use props
sosojni
lvl.1

Croatia

Labroides Posted at 9-30 15:21
DJI Mini 2 has ALL needed hardware to do auto follow. All it needs is software which already exist.
I think you are fooling yourself about this like you fool yourself that all those software updates are actually giving you new features.

Mini 2 is already now with current software following me around. All i have to do is "break" one of his Quickshots. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQUlXD0PNB8 You can find MANY more examples on Youtube if you want. Mini 2 can do it and is already doing it, all it needs is better GUI or open SDK and community will do it for themselves like they did before.
Allowing SDK or changing GUI is not giving anything new spectacular.
Same goes with, for example my car, or my motherboard. I bought PC motherboard that could not use Ryzen 2 series proccesors and manufacturer said it will not give us update. Than when other manufacturers gave updates for their motherboards and enabled them to use Ryzen 2 series processors, my motherboards manufacturer did it too because they knew that they would loose customers if they don't. Thanks to that update i am using new processor on my old motherboard.
I am not fooling anyone. I am using it both in case of my car, motherboard and even Mini 2 in foorm of Quickshot "hack" (not a real hack, just using available options).
DJI does not need to do anything really. All it can do is give us SDK and we will do it ourselves.
2021-10-1
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 9-17 16:57
Do you buy your car and then expect the maker to add new features free of charge later on?

Apples and oranges.  Completely different.  It's completely possible to add this feature.
I mean, Litchi does when they get hold of the SDK, it's already capable on the drone, it's just
a matter of a software and firmware update.  

The reqest to add active track is completely realistic.

2021-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules