Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,
I just wanted to share an opinion and video I created using the Mavic Pro 1.
I've recently purchased the Air 2s this year, however, when I look at the video from Mavic Pro 1, the footage quality seems to hold up.

I'm sure there are finer points comparing the two but sometimes creating good content should take priority over gear.
Also, I'm no pro or saying my content is any good but hope you enjoy.

Thank you,

Mavic Pro 1 video:

Mavic Air 2s video:

2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Lovely footage! Thanks for sharing this with us. Take care!
2021-9-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duplicate?  Anyway, amazing footage.  
2021-9-18
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Very nice. I pre-ordered my Mavic Pro on day one of the announcement and it's still flying great and providing awesome video.
2021-9-18
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-18 05:23
Duplicate?  Anyway, amazing footage.

Hi, yes I think I put in it two places accidentally.
I posted the first one late one night then there was some odd error so I posted it again but didn’t realise it was on a different page. Never post anything late at night…
2021-9-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 9-18 15:24
Hi, yes I think I put in it two places accidentally.
I posted the first one late one night then there was some odd error so I posted it again but didn’t realise it was on a different page. Never post anything late at night…

Yeah, probably great advice.  
2021-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, the only reason I sold mine was because of the new regulations.
Other than that I would love to be flying with that bird!
2021-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very good by the way!
2021-9-19
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 9-19 23:09
Yeah, the only reason I sold mine was because of the new regulations.
Other than that I would love to be flying with that bird!

What did you get as your replacement drone?
2021-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mini-G Posted at 9-21 03:53
What did you get as your replacement drone?

Mini 2
2021-9-21
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nice one!
That’s my go to recommendation to friends interested in getting into drones.
I’m interested in getting a Mini 2 just to fly around the house. Still in lockdown where I am and I can’t fly anywhere near here.
2021-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mini-G Posted at 9-21 05:10
Nice one!
I’m interested in getting a Mini 2 just to fly around the house. Still in lockdown where I am and I can’t fly anywhere near here.

Yeah, I wish the rules were not that strict for >250g drones around here.
But the M2 is quite good actually, just not as powerful as the MP I used to have.
Plus I miss the color profiles.  
2021-9-21
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 9-21 05:10
Nice one!

Hi mini-G, bought my original Mavic Pro two an half years ago from a mates son_in_law  it was the fly more combo with 2 goosed batteries, (I knew before purchase) for £250, a steal, never been a problem in any way, love it. It does all I need and more. I wouldn't swop it for a stuffed pig.
2021-9-21
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

UKMoose Posted at 9-21 08:07
Hi mini-G, bought my original Mavic Pro two an half years ago from a mates son_in_law  it was the fly more combo with 2 goosed batteries, (I knew before purchase) for £250, a steal, never been a problem in any way, love it. It does all I need and more. I wouldn't swop it for a stuffed pig.

It’s still got some chops the old girl
I’m also missing the menu system from the Mavic Pro. In particular the camera controls.
Have fun!
2021-9-22
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 9-22 03:06
It’s still got some chops the old girl
I’m also missing the menu system from the Mavic Pro. In particular the camera controls.
Have fun!

Will do, keep safe.
2021-9-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice murals!
2021-9-22
Use props
SH59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

Don't fly mine as often as I used to, but I love it, its never failed me, and takes good pictures and video. Does everything I want it to, and see no need to upgrade.
2021-9-22
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SH59 Posted at 9-22 14:01
Don't fly mine as often as I used to, but I love it, its never failed me, and takes good pictures and video. Does everything I want it to, and see no need to upgrade.

Yes, I agree!!
Although the Air 2s has definite pros, the MP1 is my “new first drone” recommendation - at a good price.
Thanks for you sharing your opinion!
2021-9-23
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

This just proves you don't always have to be flying the latest and greatest. The older drones as long as they still work are perfectly serviceable!
2021-9-23
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

NickelPlate Posted at 9-23 11:13
This just proves you don't always have to be flying the latest and greatest. The older drones as long as they still work are perfectly serviceable!

Agreed!

What are you flying?
2021-9-23
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Mini-G Posted at 9-23 13:42
Agreed!

What are you flying?

Well I’m new so I’m flying a mini 2.
2021-9-23
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

NickelPlate Posted at 9-23 16:57
Well I’m new so I’m flying a mini 2.

Great! I think that’s an awesome drone!
Have fun!!
2021-9-23
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Nice footage. I love my my mavic 1
2021-9-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 9-26 16:58
Nice footage. I love my my mavic 1

What would you upgrade to?
2021-9-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great work. The Mavic Pro (Platinum, in my case) was always a great drone. Only the M2Zoom persuaded me to upgrade
2021-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-10-13
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 10-13 00:37
Great work. The Mavic Pro (Platinum, in my case) was always a great drone. Only the M2Zoom persuaded me to upgrade

Hi,

The M2 Zoom surely is now a classic! I thought the Mavic 3 had a mechanical zoom but it’s all digital…
2021-11-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 11-11 11:34
Hi,

The M2 Zoom surely is now a classic! I thought the Mavic 3 had a mechanical zoom but it’s all digital…

I'm not in the market for an M3
2021-11-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 11-11 11:37
I'm not in the market for an M3

I think that price is tough to hide!
2021-11-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 11-11 21:29
I think that price is tough to hide!

Indeed!
2021-11-11
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

The Mavic Pro1 has one capability shared by NO other model among DJI's entire newer drone product line.  When out flying an autonomous Litchi waypoint mission, the Mavic Pro1, as well as the entire Phantom series drones, will respond to the loss of RC signal by optionally completing the entire mission without missing a beat.   This ability to faithfully overfly all Litchi flight plan waypoints AFTER the loss of RC signal to the pilot's controller is most regrettably and sadly no longer within the performance envelope of any model among DJI's more recently released hobby-grade drone variants.

"Virtual Sticks" is the name coined for the autonomous flight capabilities of DJI's latest drone models.  Unlike the earlier "on-board" storage of GPS coordinate data during autonomous waypoint missions that enabled the likes of the Mavic Pro1 and Phantom series to range well beyond RC signal reach during Litchi missions, "Virtual Sticks" telemetry protocol entails that vital GPS data being removed from storage in the onboard memory of DJI's newer drones, whereby GPS waypoint data must be transmitted continuously in real-time from the RC controller to the drone.

This means that the instant a break in RC signal is detected, all DJI's newer drones will instantly terminate any waypoint missions being flown, and execute a forced return to home whether the pilot approves or not.  Sure, the latest drones released by DJI represent great advances in camera technology, flight battery duration, and RC signal reach, yet, for those lucky few drone pilots who like me happen to reside in areas where fully autonomous drone flying is permitted well beyond signal range, the primary criterium by which I evaluate ANY Drone, pertains to what that drone will do in the event of a signal loss between the drone and the controller.  

Until such time as DJI or any other drone manufacturer releases a new model that stores all its GPS data on board so as to permit the completion of autonomous flight plan missions despite RC signal loss, I'll stick with my Mavic Pro1, Mavic Pro Platinum, Phantom 3 Standard, and Phantom 3 Pro.  That said, any new drone that is released going forward, with enhanced camera capabilities, crosswind tolerance, and battery life, while ALSO offering that all-important fully autonomous flight-plan completion ability after RC signal loss, will likely be added to my fleet the instant I can afford such a purchase.
2021-11-13
Use props
Traper50
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390128 ft

Poland

Cool shots
2021-11-16
Use props
hychewright
lvl.2
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 9-18 12:38
Very nice. I pre-ordered my Mavic Pro on day one of the announcement and it's still flying great and providing awesome video.

Same here, I purchased mine in 2016 and still flies great and video footage is excellent.
2021-12-5
Use props
Droningalex Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Muttley7 Posted at 2021-11-13 22:34
The Mavic Pro1 has one capability shared by NO other model among DJI's entire newer drone product line.  When out flying an autonomous Litchi waypoint mission, the Mavic Pro1, as well as the entire Phantom series drones, will respond to the loss of RC signal by optionally completing the entire mission without missing a beat.   This ability to faithfully overfly all Litchi flight plan waypoints AFTER the loss of RC signal to the pilot's controller is most regrettably and sadly no longer within the performance envelope of any model among DJI's more recently released hobby-grade drone variants.

"Virtual Sticks" is the name coined for the autonomous flight capabilities of DJI's latest drone models.  Unlike the earlier "on-board" storage of GPS coordinate data during autonomous waypoint missions that enabled the likes of the Mavic Pro1 and Phantom series to range well beyond RC signal reach during Litchi missions, "Virtual Sticks" telemetry protocol entails that vital GPS data being removed from storage in the onboard memory of DJI's newer drones, whereby GPS waypoint data must be transmitted continuously in real-time from the RC controller to the drone.

Mavic 2 also completes the mission on signal break up;)
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules