DJI P3A Finding Batteries HELP
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CavemanSean
lvl.1

Canada

I've recently re-discovered my LOVE of flying drones and want to fly my DJI P3A even more how-ever I only have 1 battery

The only things I can find online are some 3rd party batteries (I've been in the IT world a long time and know that 3rd party is a huge nono as they can cause issues)
So my question to you all...

Any idea where (in Canada) I can obtain some used batteries.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the said battery is no longer available on our store website, and hope our fellow DJI Pilots here could provide you the best recommendation on where to purchase the said battery at your location. You may try to visit the link below to possibly purchase the said battery. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2021-9-17
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

There are plenty of "non OEM" batteries, here in the UK, on Amazon. I bought this one a couple of years ago and have no problem.
I would rather buy a new look alike from somewhere like Amazon as you at least get some sort of guarantee. Buying a second hand one gives you no protection.
If you look, all DJI batteries are made in China anyway, so buy one from there.

2021-9-17
Use props
CavemanSean
lvl.1

Canada

Oh damn! I wasn't aware of that, I appreciate it;

Don't get me wrong, I kinda feel like since the mid 2000's~ almost everything is made in China haha

On a side note (perhaps someone can educate me here?)
I've found some batteries that should work they are are 11.1v 5200mah and not the 15.2v 4480 mah that I already have so I went and purchased it; but when I put it in my drone; the drone powers up; the gimble does it's thing, but the drone will not take off at all.....

I get a 'battery signal error'
Thankfully the store will take these back; but Im just wondering if theres something that needs to be done to get this battery to work or if its just not compatible with my drone
2021-9-18
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

From one caveman to another (my full name is CheddarCaveMan), silly you!
NO, NO, NO! You MUST use the propper voltage battery, 15.2volts or the drone will see a flat battery, hence the error warning. 11volts may well be OK for the gimbal but the motors take a huge current when they start up so 11 volts are not powerful enough.

IF you are going second hand, get the seller to do all the battery checks and let you know the results!! Also make sure the battery pack is nice and "flat" on all sides. They tend to swell when near the end of their life.

Download the P3A manual and go to pages 18 & 19 which explains the battery checks and what they mean.

2021-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules