Does the OM 5 support iphone 13 pro (not max)?
17919 27 2021-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xguntis
lvl.1

Latvia

Does the OM 5 support iphone 13 pro (not max) and it's new cinematic mode?
2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI OM5 is not compatible with the iPhone 13 pro. You may refer to the link below for the list of the compatible devices for the said unit. Thank you

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2021-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, please refer to the DJI OM 5 Mobile Phone Compatibility List: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
We'll note down your request and forward it to our corresponding team, the list will keep updating as the test goes on. Thanks for your attention.

2021-9-17
Use props
fans0cba57f6
lvl.1

United States

I recently bought a DJI OSMO 5 to use with my iPhone 12 Pro but have now upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro. The13 Pro is not officially supported yet, so should I return this OSMO 5 while I still can or is it likely that it will eventually be made compatible with iPhone 13 Pro via a firmware or software update? What functionality will currently work and what won't?
2021-9-24
Use props
Paso
New
United States

I can not get my iPhone 13pro working with the OM 5. It just starts vibrating and I get an error immediately.
2021-9-25
Use props
Paso
New
United States

Paso Posted at 9-25 07:42
I can not get my iPhone 13pro working with the OM 5. It just starts vibrating and I get an error immediately.

I did some further tests and was able to get it to work. I had to move the clamp a bit more towards the camera end of the phone. Part of the clamp is covering the start button, but it is now balanced and I can use it with my iPhone 13pro
2021-9-25
Use props
fans0cba57f6
lvl.1

United States

Paso Posted at 9-25 13:39
I did some further tests and was able to get it to work. I had to move the clamp a bit more towards the camera end of the phone. Part of the clamp is covering the start button, but it is now balanced and I can use it with my iPhone 13pro

When you say the OM 5 is working with your 13 Pro, do you mean that the buttons on the OM5 are properly operating the 13 Pro for zooming in and out, activating the shutter, moving from photo to video, etc., or do you mean you have the gimbal working to move the camera around?  I would love to hear it is the former. I cannot get my 13 Pro Bluetooth to even recognize the OM 5, much less connect to it in any way.
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_Bf7m4C9dnLMn
New

Poland

I can confirm om 5 working with iPhone 13 pro
However it should be new mount system because old is rounded and iphone 13 pro has square not round edges
2021-9-29
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_Bf7m4C9dnLMn Posted at 9-29 15:00
However it should be new mount system because old is rounded and iphone 13 pro has square not round edges

How could DJI possibly guess that iPhones would go square sides. I mean it’s only been 2 years since the change
2021-9-29
Use props
xguntis
lvl.1

Latvia

djiuser_Bf7m4C9dnLMn Posted at 9-29 15:00

Thank you for confirming. Can you also tell if the Start/Stop recording button works in the default app. If you have Filmic Pro - same question - is the start/stop button working in Filmic Pro?
2021-9-29
Use props
dank13
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-17 22:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI OM5 is not compatible with the iPhone 13 pro. You may refer to the link below for the list of the compatible devices for the said unit. Thank you

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_OM_5/DJI_OM_5_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Hahah what a joke, when DJI released this gimbal 1 week before the apple iPhone announcement I made a comment about it (joking) saying: and next week this thing it's going to be outdated because it's not compatible with iPhone 13. Funny enough, I was right! Soooo dumb, why bother release something that's only compatible with old phones, specially knowing that apple releases their phones every freakin year at the middle of September... does DJI even live on this planet?
2021-10-2
Use props
LeviSnoot
New

Sweden

xguntis Posted at 9-29 22:32
Thank you for confirming. Can you also tell if the Start/Stop recording button works in the default app. If you have Filmic Pro - same question - is the start/stop button working in Filmic Pro?

I can also confirm that the OM5 works with iPhone 13 Pro. I also set it up with Filmic Pro and the Start/Stop recording function works without issue there as well.

For the time being, I would advise against filming with the Ultrawide camera on the iPhone 13 Pro. As it is now, the gimbal is partially in the frame. I've spoken to DJI Support about this and they've forwarded that particular concern for me.
2021-10-2
Use props
fans2c6b6782
New

United States

I would also like to know if support is planned via a new mount purchase or if the product should be returned. It seems very out of balance with just iPhone 13 can’t image how much harder they have to work with the pro. Can we get any assurance DJI? Or should a return be the best course of action for those who just purchased?
2021-10-3
Use props
IDHP
lvl.1

Canada

Could we know for sure if the Iphone 13 Pro max is compatible with th new OM5
2021-10-5
Use props
IDHP
lvl.1

Canada

fans0cba57f6 Posted at 9-26 10:13
When you say the OM 5 is working with your 13 Pro, do you mean that the buttons on the OM5 are properly operating the 13 Pro for zooming in and out, activating the shutter, moving from photo to video, etc., or do you mean you have the gimbal working to move the camera around?  I would love to hear it is the former. I cannot get my 13 Pro Bluetooth to even recognize the OM 5, much less connect to it in any way.

IF the list says that tje Iphone 13 is not compatible how did you manage to made it work?
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_pZSpfp9j7s0V
lvl.1

Japan

iphone13 pro
2021-10-12
Use props
wes.teamestes
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-17 22:13

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_OM_5/DJI_OM_5_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Super surprised DJI is not in line with the new iPhone and their OM5.  What is the ET for compatibility?
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

wes.teamestes Posted at 10-16 14:15
Super surprised DJI is not in line with the new iPhone and their OM5.  What is the ET for compatibility?

Thank you for your response. Our engineers are ongoing with their research and developments for the new mobile devices to be compatible with the DJI OM5 in the future. As of now, we don't have the information on when those mobile devices will be compatible with the unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_29lIE9o6mSxU
New
Sweden

I bought the DJI OM5 despite reading mixed reviews on the use with a Iphone 13 Pro Max which I bought one week before I got the headache of understanding if the OM5 would work.

After using it for more than a week now I would say everything works great. Pairing haven't had one single issue (saw some ppl that had to move the magnet on phone). Stability and OM5 working even with fully extended selfie stick. Haven't had any issues at all. I would recommend the OM5 with an iphone 13 Pro Max.
2021-11-21
Use props
FreakinFrey
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_29lIE9o6mSxU Posted at 11-21 00:44
I bought the DJI OM5 despite reading mixed reviews on the use with a Iphone 13 Pro Max which I bought one week before I got the headache of understanding if the OM5 would work.

After using it for more than a week now I would say everything works great. Pairing haven't had one single issue (saw some ppl that had to move the magnet on phone). Stability and OM5 working even with fully extended selfie stick. Haven't had any issues at all. I would recommend the OM5 with an iphone 13 Pro Max.

Thanks for that reply!  I'm getting the iPhone 13 Pro (not max) tomorrow and wanted to buy an OM 5 at the same time but was worried.  If the MAX works fine, the non is sure to be fine!
2021-11-22
Use props
Chandler Tolbert
New

United States

I do not recommend using the OM 5 with the 13 Pro. I recently purchased both products and tried them out last night. The OM 5 does not like the weight of the 13 Pro. I tried it with and without the phone case on and also moved the clamp around to make sure it was centered. The OM 5 would try to center the phone, vibrate a lot, and then give up. I’ve done a lot of research since last night and I have seen people have no issues at all and a majority of them have the same issue as me. I’m going to return my OM 5 this afternoon.
2021-11-23
Use props
epiphany401
New

United States

mine is iphone 13 pro, it's too heavy and thick with the otterbox case on it. What I did is using a slim case plus removing the 3 plastic pads in the clamp, the slim case plus the iphone 13 pro is 240 g in weight. OM5 works ok but often askes re-center the clamp.
2021-12-21
Use props
Jorge Preciado
New

Mexico

Is this still an issue?
2022-3-10
Use props
Jorge Preciado
New

Mexico

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-9-17 22:13

Hello. Is the Osmo 5 still not compatible with IPhone 13 pro?
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jorge Preciado Posted at 3-10 22:26
Hello. Is the Osmo 5 still not compatible with IPhone 13 pro?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the iPhone 13 Pro is compatible with the DJI OM5. Please refer to the link below for the list of compatible devices for the DJI OM5. Thank you for choosing DJI!
2022-3-11
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How about the iPhone 13 ProMax ... it seems too heavy for the OM5. Anyone got experience with that?

Also, when we say 'Not Compatible', what does that exactly mean? Mass of phone or software issues ?
2022-3-13
Use props
Jorge Preciado
New

Mexico

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 01:56
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the iPhone 13 Pro is compatible with the DJI OM5. Please refer to the link below for the list of compatible devices for the DJI OM5. Thank you for choosing DJI!

Hello. Thank you! But I got confused by your reply.
Are you saying the OM5 *IS* now compatible with the iPhone 13 pro?  
Thanks in advance again!
2022-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jorge Preciado Posted at 3-13 22:38
Hello. Thank you! But I got confused by your reply.
Are you saying the OM5 *IS* now compatible with the iPhone 13 pro?  
Thanks in advance again!

Yes, kindly please check the link below.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_List_en_0125.pdf
2022-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules