Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hold your GoPro Hero 10 purchase (OA2 on the way)
4262 38 2021-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Guys, like probably many of you, I am very dissapointed with the new GoPro Hero 10.
Just look at this video Anthony Lipani:
This level of bad image quality is not acceptable for the amount of money they are charging.

With this being said look at 6:05 on the OriginalDobo video:
The Osmo action 2 is definitely on reviewers hands and I bet it's gonna be ready for Christmas time.
OsitaLV is also starting to drop hints.

So my advice is be patient.
2021-9-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The small sensor continues to surprise me but maybe they don't  think action happens in low light.  And EIS doesn't work well in low light either.  So... maybe there's no point in fitting a larger sensor?
2021-9-18
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

I really don't mind low light. Action cameras are what they are and we understand that low light is off-limits unless some breakthrough is developed. They can't implement a bigger sensor because they have to increase the minimum focus distance. The only way I see they could implement a 1 inch sensor is going the Sony rx0 route and have 2 focus presets (one for close and one for infinity) which we can change mid-recording. Or a modular design as OsitaLV is hinting. They could have implemented their GroPro Labs feature Max Shutter Angle (Minimum Shutter Speed) to fix somewhat the low light issue but they didn't include it in this software version which is a major bummer. Maybe DJI will listen and add a Minimum Shutter Speed lock feature.
2021-9-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

There was a nice comparison video by 360rumours which shows stabilization of One R 1" vs Hero 10 under dim light. As expected H10 can not reach the shutter speeds needed for the stabilization to function.

I don't know what they were thinking shrinking the photosite size more and more on the same itty bitty 1/2.3" sensor. GP2 is definitely welcome but it is sad to see Gopro being Gopro again and making people wait 2-3 iterations until they marry the new processor with a worthy sensor (hoping that it will happen one day).

Unfortunately H10 is stillborn for me for a different reason. It seems like it can only operate up to roughly 20 minutes before shutting down if it is stationary. It has serious overheating problems, and it needs the airflow.

That being said, I don't expect much from DJI either after seeing Pocket 2...
2021-9-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Everyday man or Caseys Boy,  Yeah watched his work, anyone can get a gopro  here you go  https://amzn.to/2Xv0XIE  click the link

Heck I can get  the camera, but by the time DJI  gets their Act together the Hero 11 will be in the makings and out.

If that leak of a DJI OA2 image one

and Image 2 no where to be found on googl image

DJI best be RETHINKING Action camera, if they are going to go the VLOGGERS way I still RETHINK THAT DESIGN its BACWArDS to do that. DOOM AND GLOOM, looks like some one grabbed their old geat and passing it off as DJI
2021-9-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah the GoPro Hero 10 is taking major hits from the reviews I've seen so far.  Guess one can wait and see what the OA2 brings.  
2021-9-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

We all like/dislike   nothing wrong with that.  got me points ready $50.00 towards the camera DJI.  maybe someone can send a refeeril this way that be $70.00  WAHOO.

Yeah gopro talk on a dji forum and vica-verca (SMILES)
2021-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Always a new gadget on the horizon!
2021-9-19
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

DJI Action 2 manual leaked online. I will not post it here. Please search on twitter. I am sure it will pop up on all relevant sites later this day. It is a modular design but different than insta360 OneR.
2021-9-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Here you go I WILL

2021-9-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2021-9-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Weight 56 grams for camera
Weight 64 grams for extra screen
Weight 56.6 grams for external battery
1/1.7″ CMOS sensor
155-degree FOV
Aperture of f/2.8
12MP stills
4K video up to 60 fps
Slo-Mo 4K 120 fps
Rocksteady 2.0 with level horizon
100 Mbps video recording bit-rate
Max microSD card of 256GB
52 minutes working time
135 minutes working time with extra screen
195 minutes working time with extra battery
Charging time with extra screen 90 minutes
2021-9-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2021-9-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2021-9-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

If  they do a  camera like that I may not even want it. copying a Insta 360 design
2021-9-24
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 9-24 02:47
If  they do a  camera like that I may not even want it. copying a Insta 360 design

i dont think i will bother
2021-9-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

its all you
2021-9-24
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

andrei193 Posted at 9-24 01:07
DJI Action 2 manual leaked online. I will not post it here. Please search on twitter. I am sure it will pop up on all relevant sites later this day. It is a modular design but different than insta360 OneR.

Thanks a lot for the info
2021-9-24
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

This is unbelievable, still no stabilized 4K! A 2.7K camera (probably less with horizon steady) in 2021! What in the world were they thinking? These are dark days for the market This on one side, GoPro admitting to the overheating problem but defending it by saying that that "max 20 minutes recording time is more than enough"; these are really dark days...
2021-9-24
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.2

Canada

Wont buy a gopro 10. Will definitely not buy a action cam 2 either. DJI has had almost three years to add disable wifi and bluetooth in the software. Some $100.00 Cameras have this option. Without it cycling with the osmo is pointless. It kills all GPS activity and as usual DJI does not listen to its customers. Whatever ends up being wrong with the action cam 2 and we report it they wont fix it....  Not getting burned again.
2021-10-11
Use props
djiuser_yWhKaoM2wSMG
lvl.4
France

Cdelle Posted at 10-11 06:56
Wont buy a gopro 10. Will definitely not buy a action cam 2 either. DJI has had almost three years to add disable wifi and bluetooth in the software. Some $100.00 Cameras have this option. Without it cycling with the osmo is pointless. It kills all GPS activity and as usual DJI does not listen to its customers. Whatever ends up being wrong with the action cam 2 and we report it they wont fix it....  Not getting burned again.

so what camera will you buy? I am a little bit in your case
I own a gopro7 and still uncertain
2021-10-11
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Did you read the comment on the first video from the guy that recorded the video? I guess not. I will paste here for you:
"**UPDATE - I spent the day today shooting in the flat profile, sharpness on low, max iso 800 ,  ev comp -05 , linear view and the image looks fantastic, one of the best I’ve seen in any action camera ever. Not to mention the flat color setting is actually very nice straight out of of camera.
I’ll have a new vid coming ASAP showing how beautiful this camera can look and how to achieve that look along with some new GoPro luts.
I highly recommend the Hero 10 so far. Not one single freeze up or lost recording.
GoPro has officially converted me. *not sponsored, my honest opinion."
2021-10-11
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

2021-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I went out and BOUGHT three gopro hero 10 and ALL ISSUED, no one will admit to a single issue
2021-10-13
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 10-13 03:53
I went out and BOUGHT three gopro hero 10 and ALL ISSUED, no one will admit to a single issue

You can't trust paid reviewers, even they claim Gopro doesn't tell them what to say. We all know that if they give a negative review the next time they will be off the free product list. The only real way to see if these cameras or most anything for that matter suits your needs to to buy to from someplace that has a good return policy so if it doesn't work you can return it.
2021-10-13
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Talking about bad camera. I watched this yesterday and he convinced me that Insta360 is terrible for my use since it is so slow to use and work it:

2021-10-13
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

ANY camera you have to register first to be able to use it is a travesty for sure.

This is something users should be able to do down the road if they like to.
2021-10-13
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

peiter Posted at 10-13 12:41
ANY camera you have to register first to be able to use it is a travesty for sure.

This is something users should be able to do down the road if they like to.

I agree.
But if you watched most of the video, you will also see how slow insta360 camera is for starting up, and to work with in post (last we all knew)
2021-10-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That guy just seems to be unaware of how things work.  If you put an ND filter on an EIS camera and set a low shutter speed, you have to mount it on a gimbal because it needs high shutter speeds for the EIS to work (and good light).  And he clearly was unaware of how Isnta360 cameras work (processing the files externally, not in the camera).  On the one hand he was saying that the files took a long time to process in his PC, and on the other hand he wanted the tiny camera to do the job without melting.  My sympathies were limited, I'm aftraid.
2021-10-13
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-13 15:16
That guy just seems to be unaware of how things work.  If you put an ND filter on an EIS camera and set a low shutter speed, you have to mount it on a gimbal because it needs high shutter speeds for the EIS to work (and good light).  And he clearly was unaware of how Isnta360 cameras work (processing the files externally, not in the camera).  On the one hand he was saying that the files took a long time to process in his PC, and on the other hand he wanted the tiny camera to do the job without melting.  My sympathies were limited, I'm aftraid.

Think you missed his points.

If you look at the background when he use ND-filter, it is bloppy/blurring around, it was not about stabilization.
And he said that you have to work with insta360 software to get flowstate stabilization on the footage, and therefor he need to use the insta360 software BEFORE he can import to his regular editing software.
And if you have ever tried the insta360 software, it is really slow for exporting since it is only using the cpu.

2021-10-14
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

I had high hopes for the 1" insta, but yes they was never really fulfilled, so glad i did not jump on that camera.
2021-10-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

days away. and  wonder if they will offer a better deal over retail
2021-10-18
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

So official photos came out today. I reserve my judgement after the official launch but from what I see, the most worrisome thing is the apparently unreplaceable lens protector glass. GoPro took that route and it backfired. Can't seem to understand this kind of decision. That is a big minus, if indeed is irreplaceable.
2021-10-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

where is the official photos???
2021-10-20
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

You'll find them on twitter and on the dedicated facebook groups.
2021-10-20
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

andrei193 Posted at 10-20 07:39
So official photos came out today. I reserve my judgement after the official launch but from what I see, the most worrisome thing is the apparently unreplaceable lens protector glass. GoPro took that route and it backfired. Can't seem to understand this kind of decision. That is a big minus, if indeed is irreplaceable.

I saw the photo on Twitter. At first, I was disappointed by the non-changeable lens, but I think that we will be able to use an external cage with a filter thread to add ND filters. Smallrig already has one for the Action. It makes sense that DJI doesn't want a screw-on lens, as it can cause issues with waterproofing.
2021-10-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

thnx appreciat e that
2021-10-20
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.2

Canada

djiuser_yWhKaoM2wSMG Posted at 10-11 08:28
so what camera will you buy? I am a little bit in your case
I own a gopro7 and still uncertain

I have been thinking about an old gopro session 5. Or it will be an older gopro. Cannot go dji as they wont even listen to customers. At least gopro adds features and updates cameras.
2021-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI again left out a video timer, maybe its outdated t othem
2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules