Foldable launching pad
12Next >
1639 46 2021-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Fits into the backpack along with the drone bag. Easy to make yourself.
LaunchingPad1.jpg
LaunchingPad2.jpg
2021-9-18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

I just use an unused priority box    
2021-9-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would make sure those hinges are not made of ferrous metal. Or put them farther from the center.
2021-9-18
Use props
JCDM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102156 ft
Bolivia

Loss of time, takeoff and landing in the hand
2021-9-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

GaryDoug Posted at 9-18 18:47
I would make sure those hinges are not made of ferrous metal. Or put them farther from the center.

No need to, they are regulary demagnetized.
2021-9-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice DIY project.
2021-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

This is just a prototype. I will make a much smoother one once I have all the needed tools.
2021-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use four pieces of 3mm HDF that fit in a back pocket and then use some cord to attach them to each other.
2021-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 9-19 05:52
I use four pieces of 3mm HDF that fit in a back pocket and then use some cord to attach them to each other.

Picture of the assembled launch pad, maybe?
2021-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 9-19 06:24
Picture of the assembled launch pad, maybe?

Sure.  here you go....

2021-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 9-19 07:23
Sure.  here you go....

[view_image]

???????????????????????
2021-9-19
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Sure.  here you go....

[view_image]

Ha ha ha.... cant help myself, but its hard for some people to ad 2 plus 2.
2021-9-19
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

let me get this... we still speak about a small 250g $@#$ drone You can hand start/launch, yet so many ppl need a landing pads
what for? if You miss a hand (while You got like camera/other equipment in other hand) just get a neck strap, so remote will hang on neck
2021-9-19
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

KREMi Posted at 9-19 11:18
let me get this... we still speak about a small 250g $@#$ drone You can hand start/launch, yet so many ppl need a landing pads
what for? if You miss a hand (while You got like camera/other equipment in other hand) just get a neck strap, so remote will hang on neck

Lanyards fail, things fall to the ground and create more issues.
If I'm flying in gravel, or a field and do not want to hand catch it, then I use the landing pad.
Just because it can be hand launched or landed, doesn't mean it's perfect for every situation.
2021-9-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 9-19 01:01
No need to, they are regulary demagnetized.

Uh, no. Demagnetizing something made of iron does not make it less ferrous. The drone is affected by nearby iron, not necessarily a magnet.
2021-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sure.  here you go....

[view_image]

Thats quite good actually, easy to put away, easy to move together just lacking a D or U
2021-9-19
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

It would of course be nice if the Mini2 could recognize a figure such as a cross with the lower camera and steer towards it to land.

The old Parrot AR.2.0 drone was able to do that around 8 years ago. But it didn't have the other features that the Mini2 does.
2021-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pinarek Posted at 9-19 14:39
It would of course be nice if the Mini2 could recognize a figure such as a cross with the lower camera and steer towards it to land.

The old Parrot AR.2.0 drone was able to do that around 8 years ago. But it didn't have the other features that the Mini2 does.

Yeah, it is way off the mark with its landing skills lol
2021-9-19
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Pinarek Posted at 9-19 14:39

You gotta ... spend 'mo money with dji to get what you want ... if you want a feature, you have to buy the drone that offers it from them.   too bad they can't figure this stuff out ..... and I'm talking about marketing.
2021-9-19
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-19 14:51
Yeah, it is way off the mark with its landing skills lol

stfu .... you troll then accuse others of doing the same?  
you bring it on, ever notice, there are few problems when you're not involved brashy?
2021-9-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

why are we making landing pads?  they are so cheap and easily available.  unless it is very customized or interactive like the skydio maybe.
2021-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 9-19 15:45
stfu .... you troll then accuse others of doing the same?  
you bring it on, ever notice, there are few problems when you're not involved brashy?

You are a prize idiot, considering I was replying and talking only to Pinarek and  I was actually on about the landing skills of the Mini 2, nothing more and nothing less, every village has one I suppose.
The only problems I know about are you and ya mate, this is without a doubt my last reply to you as I tend not to argue with kids, much the same as on other threads, you just start spouting the odds at other members and its normally shouting about other members being shills or working for DJI. The thing is though you calling us shills are saying DJI is a swindler, so by rights, you shouldn't have a DJI product or even be on this forum. Like I said, I'm done with you, you can even have the last word...
2021-9-19
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-19 18:03
You are a prize idiot, considering I was replying and talking only to Pinarek and  I was actually on about the landing skills of the Mini 2, nothing more and nothing less, every village has one I suppose.
The only problems I know about are you and ya mate, this is without a doubt my last reply to you as I tend not to argue with kids, much the same as on other threads, you just start spouting the odds at other members and its normally shouting about other members being shills or working for DJI. The thing is though you calling us shills are saying DJI is a swindler, so by rights, you shouldn't have a DJI product or even be on this forum. Like I said, I'm done with you, you can even have the last word...

dont take direction well, eh stfu
2021-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2021-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 9-19 07:25
???????????????????????

Not sure I understand your response.
2021-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-19 14:31
Thats quite good actually, easy to put away, easy to move together just lacking a D or U

Not sure what a D or U is,   but I made it so that it fits in either a back jeans pocket or my combats side pocket for when out walking.
2021-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 9-19 08:28
Ha ha ha.... cant help myself, but its hard for some people to ad 2 plus 2.

Not sure I follow you?
2021-9-20
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

Not everyone is comfortable with hand landing. When I tried it couple years ago I've cut my finger pretty badly and I'm traumatised and too scared to try it again. I bought a foldable material landing pad for like £7 from Amazon and its so easy to carry.
Unless someone loves DIY projects or wants something very customised then I don't see the point in creating one since it's so cheap to get premade ones
2021-9-20
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 9-20 00:30
Not sure I follow you?

What I meant was that most people know what 2 plus 2 is, but may have a hard time to see your smart way making the 4 pieces fit together with the strings in to one piece.
2021-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-20 00:28
Not sure what a D or U is,   but I made it so that it fits in either a back jeans pocket or my combats side pocket for when out walking.

Yeah, i gathered it was for portability, as for D or a U, come on, you should know, they make more sense   than a H ;)
2021-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

moniek1996 Posted at 9-20 00:40
Not everyone is comfortable with hand landing. When I tried it couple years ago I've cut my finger pretty badly and I'm traumatised and too scared to try it again. I bought a foldable material landing pad for like £7 from Amazon and its so easy to carry.
Unless someone loves DIY projects or wants something very customised then I don't see the point in creating one since it's so cheap to get premade ones

Without a doubt, theres even a decent square one that i will probably go for and ditch my round one.

As for your traumatization, i can understand it, once bitten twice shy an all that.
My mate takes the plss out of me when i hand catch it because of the way i do it
and that is to keep the drone past arms reach, hold hand in a pincer, the mini 2 will
rise due to the sensors, as its rising then outstretch your arm to full reach, then left
stick down and it will then say landing, just let it slowly come to your pincer on its own, its very
slow then just grip it on the bottom half, fingers are well away from the props then, just
keep left stick down, don't pull the drone down until its motors cut, then you're good
to go.

I find that way is the safest, certainly safer than the palm catch cause that can go wrong
in a few ways.

If its quite blustery, then that wont be the time for you to try it again as the drone will
move too much for you.

And if you never want to try it again, that's fine, everyone has their own way. My mate
doesn't like had catch, he will hand launch it though.

I may make video one day, just need something to hold either my phone or the tablet to
record it as i don't have any other means.

Safe flying
2021-9-20
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

GaryDoug Posted at 9-19 14:05
Uh, no. Demagnetizing something made of iron does not make it less ferrous. The drone is affected by nearby iron, not necessarily a magnet.

Bull! If the iron is not magnetic it cannot affect the compass!
2021-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 9-20 01:29
What I meant was that most people know what 2 plus 2 is, but may have a hard time to see your smart way making the 4 pieces fit together with the strings in to one piece.

Lol.  The string is optional really but it makes sure you don’t loose one.
2021-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-20 02:17
Yeah, i gathered it was for portability, as for D or a U, come on, you should know, they make more sense   than a H ;)

Down and Up???
2021-9-20
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

hunterws Posted at 9-19 15:45
You gotta ... spend 'mo money with dji to get what you want ... if you want a feature, you have to buy the drone that offers it from them.   too bad they can't figure this stuff out ..... and I'm talking about marketing.

I very much doubt that such a feature would require a lot of additional money !! The Mini2 already has a floor camera, so it shouldn't be too hard to integrate image recognition into the software. The cheap Parrot AR2.0 from 2013 could do that too, for only about 260 euros.
2021-9-20
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Pinarek Posted at 9-20 10:45
I very much doubt that such a feature would require a lot of additional money !! The Mini2 already has a floor camera, so it shouldn't be too hard to integrate image recognition into the software. The cheap Parrot AR2.0 from 2013 could do that too, for only about 260 euros.

"I very much doubt that such a feature would require a lot of additional money" ... that isn't the issue.
The issue is how much does DJI want to make monetarily, and restricting features on cheaper drones, pushes people to spend more for the options they want.  
It's a backwards way of marketing, but that's what they do.

They have even gone so far as to not release the file needed for 3rd party programs to give the customers more options.  They will release the next drone everyone wants, then they will release the sdk file for the mini2.  Why, upsell.

They can get away with it because for right now, today, they have the market cornered, but that is soon to change!
2021-9-20
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

Pinarek Posted at 9-20 10:45
I very much doubt that such a feature would require a lot of additional money !! The Mini2 already has a floor camera, so it shouldn't be too hard to integrate image recognition into the software. The cheap Parrot AR2.0 from 2013 could do that too, for only about 260 euros.

And since the Mini2 already knows your RTH point via GPS data, it would certainly not be so complicated to integrate image recognition for this point in the form of a landing cross, right?
2021-9-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 9-20 02:37

The compass is the magnet. All iron is subject to magnetic influences.  It's just the way it is. Try putting a piece of iron next to your drone while it is powered and see the error message that appears.
Better yet, ignore the truth and watch as your drone flys away by itself. However, I would not recommend that you come back into this forum and ask what went wrong.

2021-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not H for helipad, D OR U for Dronepad or UAVpad ;)
2021-9-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 9-20 02:37

Idiot. It has nothing to do with being a magnet or not. A concrete parking area full of rebar will screw up you drone if you take off from it.
2021-9-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules