Connection/disconnection with RC-to-AC
1111 15 2021-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42497 ft

United States

Got a problem I didn't have until after my drone crashed (un-commanded climb from about 10' hover to around 30-35' followed by un-commanded flight into a tree).
Going to have to replace the camera/gimbal unit, but seems to work otherwise, except for this.
RC connects to the AC initially, for about 15-30 seconds, then disconnects, then about the same time later, it reconnects and goes back-and-foth connecting/disconnecting (I lose telemetry for that period).
Is there a 'fix' or at least a 'workaround' for this?
I've tried turning off my Bluetooth on my iPhone 11 and also putting the phone into Airplane Mode, but still connecting to the AC via WiFi, but it still happens.

2021-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-18
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 19:24
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I can't financially afford the prices you charge for repairs, sorry (no offense intended).  Unless said repair would be (literally and totally) free (and I seriously doubt that), I cannot financially afford it.
I bought the Acft used (consignment sale at a local hobby shop), so it's not under warranty, either.
In addition to that, the link you posted gives me a "404" error.
https://www.dji.com/404?from=/support.

2021-9-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would check your antennas on the drone.  You'll need to disassemble it somewhat to check.  Check the connections and the antennas themselves.  I'm not sure if the antenna cables are glued to the board or not on a P3S.  If not, the connector could have popped off the board.  Otherwise, if you have an ohmmeter, and if you can lift the antenna connector from the board, you can check it for resistance by placing the ohmmeter leads on the exposed ufl part (the center and the outside cap).  Good luck.  
2021-9-19
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-19 03:59
I would check your antennas on the drone.  You'll need to disassemble it somewhat to check.  Check the connections and the antennas themselves.  I'm not sure if the antenna cables are glued to the board or not on a P3S.  If not, the connector could have popped off the board.  Otherwise, if you have an ohmmeter, and if you can lift the antenna connector from the board, you can check it for resistance by placing the ohmmeter leads on the exposed ufl part (the center and the outside cap).  Good luck.

All of the antennas (and the compass cable) SEEM to be connected securely, but I'll definitely give them another look.  Thanks, Mark.
2021-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

You will have two antennas which are programmed to switch at random times to be sure of always having the best connection, so it sounds like one of them is bad which is causing your temporary disconnection.  Good luck.  
2021-9-19
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-19 12:59
You will have two antennas which are programmed to switch at random times to be sure of always having the best connection, so it sounds like one of them is bad which is causing your temporary disconnection.  Good luck.

Here's some closeup pictures of the antenna connections and the two antennas themselves.  The two of the antennas them selves aren't clear enough, but it's the best I could do.
Continuity check show all (seems to be) well.
Note:  I accidentally pulled the left antenna wire out of the silicone while checking it; it was embedded, like the other one.

Main board antenna connections closeup 1.JPG Antenna connections closeup 2, different angle

Main board antenna connections closeup 2.JPG Antenna connections closeup 1

2021-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

When you say the AC disconnects, are we talking about the control signal or the wifi signal?  
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AeroMechAZ Posted at 9-18 19:30
I can't financially afford the prices you charge for repairs, sorry (no offense intended).  Unless said repair would be (literally and totally) free (and I seriously doubt that), I cannot financially afford it.
I bought the Acft used (consignment sale at a local hobby shop), so it's not under warranty, either.
In addition to that, the link you posted gives me a "404" error.

Please try this link:   https://www.dji.com/404?from=/support   
2021-9-20
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-20 02:00
When you say the AC disconnects, are we talking about the control signal or the wifi signal?

I get an "Aircraft Disconnected" 'announcement' on the app, no telemetry and a red light on the controller and roughly 20-30 seconds later, the controller light turns green and (because of the broken camera/gimbal) a "no image transmission" on the app, but I do get the telemetry (battery status, altitude, distance, etc.) and it goes back-and-forth on and off again from there; additionally, the motors won't arm (both sticks down and in).

Update: Motors will arm and run, but still getting the connection/disconnection issue with the controller and on the app.  Connection light on the drone itself stays green all the time; power/connection light on the controller shows alternate red and green (approx every 20-30 seconds it changes from one to the other).

2021-9-20
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-20 04:02
Please try this link:   https://www.dji.com/404?from=/support

That link doesn't work, either.
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AeroMechAZ Posted at 9-20 19:31
That link doesn't work, either.

Hi there. Please don't include the dot at the end of the link so you can access it. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support
2021-9-21
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 02:22
Hi there. Please don't include the dot at the end of the link so you can access it. Thank you.

I didn't, and still get the "404 error".
2021-9-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 02:22

The link above works
2021-9-24
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2021-9-20 02:00

OK, Mark, I was able to send it in to Rekt Drones in the Phoenix area and they repaired it for me (at a reasonable price, including return shipping).

It's flying and taking pictures and video just fine again!

Thanks for trying to assist, at least.  I do still get the "Interference" warnings, though, even when flying out "in the boondocks", nowhere near any power lines or near any WiFi (other than my phone's).  Could these be because of something in my phone itself causing it?
Next time I'm flying it and get the warnings, I'll try to see about getting a screenshot from the phone and repost here.

2022-4-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Is the phone in airplane mode?  
2022-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules