27867 28 2021-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear customers,

If you have issues with the gimbal vibrates or the video shakes, try the corresponding troubleshooting methods. Please check the following information before troubleshooting.

1.     Check whether the version of DJI Mimo is the latest.

2.     Check whether the firmware version of DJI OM 5 is the latest.

[Troubleshooting]

1. Troubleshooting methods for visible gimbal vibration (abnormal sounds)

1) Check whether the mobile phone is on the compatibility list.

Compatibility list link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf

*If it is not in the compatible list, please verify the weight (230 ± 60 g), thickness (6.9 to 10 mm), width (67 to 84 mm) of the phone.

2) Remove the phone case and try again.

*As the mobile phone case may be soft, the clamping position of the mobile phone clamp may shift.

3) If the mobile device is small or thin (such as an iPhone 8, Nova 8, or OPPO Reno 5 Pro) or the mobile phone edge is arced, use the provided riser pad.

4) If a high temperature prompt appears in the app, it indicates that the motor enters self-protection status. After the above three steps have been checked, please restart the gimbal and DJI Mimo, and the issue can be resolved.

5) Use the magnetic phone clamp correctly. Make sure that the phone clamp is in the middle of the phone. Attach the magnetic phone clamp correctly to the gimbal.

Please pay attention to the following points:

1) Ensure that the magnetic phone clamp is in the middle of the mobile phone (via visual inspection).
9.png
2) Ensure there is no gap between the mobile phone and the magnetic phone clamp and that the magnetic phone clamp properly secures the mobile phone.
10.png
3) Ensure the dot on the mobile phone clamp aligns with the white dot on the gimbal.
11.png

2. Troubleshooting methods for the issue where the gimbal is not vibrated but the video shakes (related to the stabilization performance)

1. Check the following when using the DJI OM 5:

1) Check whether the mobile phone has been mounted properly (refer to the checkpoints mentioned in issue 1).

2) Check whether the gimbal tilt axis is close to the limit position.

* If yes, please recenter the gimbal during use.

3) Check whether the video was recorded after zooming in.

4) Check whether the ActiveTrack 4.0 function was enabled during recording.

a. To use the ActiveTrack 4.0 function when shooting, we recommend enabling the ActiveTrack 4.0 function after starting recording.

b. If the ActiveTrack 4.0 function is enabled before recording, Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) effect is disabled in DJI Mimo, which may reduce stabilization.

5) Check whether a high frame rate such as 4K 60P has been set.

a. Lower the video frame rate and record a video again.

b. If recording a video with higher frame rate, Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) effect is disabled in DJI Mimo, which may reduce stabilization.

6) Check whether the built-in extension rod was used.

*If yes, please use it indoor and no-wind environment. The gimbal performance may be affected due to operating environment factors.

7) If the mobile phone is light or thin, use the provided riser pad.

3. If the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps above, please contact our support for further help: http://www.dji.com/support

2021-9-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing these troubleshooting tips.
2021-9-19
Use props
fans52ad9a39
New
Flight distance : 193694 ft
  • >>>
United States

How come OM4 and OM5 needs to be consistently recalibrated with  the iPhone 12 Pro Max? It’s never level off the bat, I always have to recalibrate it before I can start recording. This is a popular phone, there is definitely an existing issue here, the phone is attached properly.
2021-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-9-19
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-19 03:25
Thanks for sharing these troubleshooting tips.

So let me get this straight. DJI just released a new Gimbal that is incompatible with the just released iPhone 13 Pro Max and barely compatible with last years iPhone 12 Pro Max. Two of the most popular and the primary phones used for videography and the most likely to be used with a Gimbal. Does that sound about right? Because, when you say it out loud it sounds awfully incompetent and stupid.
2021-9-20
Use props
tonyoborin
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi. I have shaking problem, but only in active track mode. I’ve done everything in this guide, but camera still shake. I have iPhone 11 pro with apple silicone case (already tried without case). I’m really disappointed about that. What i should do to fix it?
Proof: youtu.be/ctZlxL0849Y
2021-9-22
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I didn’t expect the OM5 to have issues.
I thought the motors were upgraded compare the OM4, yet it seems to have the same weight capabilities.
I’d love to hear from more users as I’m keen to upgrade however, happy to stick with the OM4 for another year until the motors are stronger
2021-9-23
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Mini-G Posted at 9-23 02:57
I didn’t expect the OM5 to have issues.
I thought the motors were upgraded compare the OM4, yet it seems to have the same weight capabilities.
I’d love to hear from more users as I’m keen to upgrade however, happy to stick with the OM4 for another year until the motors are stronger

Utter incompetence on DJI’s part. Some needs to get fired.
2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_dohRBsW95EHu
New

Malta

I have the Om4 and tried to use it with iPhone 12 pro max with and without case, with and without spacer, tried all steps in the list and balance it every single time i use it. But the video is unusable! I am not talking about walking with it during filming, i am talking about just panning fro left to right, the gimbal jitters and jumps. I just have to warpstabilse it in post! I have sent this complaint to Dji with sample of the footage and after more than 5 days I didn’t get a reply. Now i have decided to throw the think away and keep the clamp as a fridge magnet
2021-9-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_dohRBsW95EHu Posted at 9-24 20:25
I have the Om4 and tried to use it with iPhone 12 pro max with and without case, with and without spacer, tried all steps in the list and balance it every single time i use it. But the video is unusable! I am not talking about walking with it during filming, i am talking about just panning fro left to right, the gimbal jitters and jumps. I just have to warpstabilse it in post! I have sent this complaint to Dji with sample of the footage and after more than 5 days I didn’t get a reply. Now i have decided to throw the think away and keep the clamp as a fridge magnet

Hi there, I am very concerned about your case, sorry for the difficulties you had encountered. I am here and will do my best to help.
May I double confirm if the gimbal is physically shaking when you use it? And what is the parameter you set for shooting (resolution and framerate)?
Noticed that you mentioned the issue had been reported, may I know the way you contacted our support at that time? If there is a reference number, please provide it to me, I will check the details of the issue and the status of your inquiry.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
2021-9-25
Use props
ozrobg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402976 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-25 20:30
Hi there, I am very concerned about your case, sorry for the difficulties you had encountered. I am here and will do my best to help.
May I double confirm if the gimbal is physically shaking when you use it? And what is the parameter you set for shooting (resolution and framerate)?
Noticed that you mentioned the issue had been reported, may I know the way you contacted our support at that time? If there is a reference number, please provide it to me, I will check the details of the issue and the status of your inquiry.

Have had OM5 for 2 days, As others have found vibration and shut down with case on (iPhone 12 Pro, with Tech21 case) - problem only occurs in portrait mode. Without case there is no evidence of vibration.

Have cut spaces out of side of case so that clamp grabs on the phone, this helped greatly but still have the occasional vibration and warning message in portrait mode.

Also, during videoing there is very noticeable motor noise recorded on video, but only when in portrait mode (case on or off same noise problem).

Now regretting purchase of this product
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ozrobg Posted at 9-25 22:50
Have had OM5 for 2 days, As others have found vibration and shut down with case on (iPhone 12 Pro, with Tech21 case) - problem only occurs in portrait mode. Without case there is no evidence of vibration.

Have cut spaces out of side of case so that clamp grabs on the phone, this helped greatly but still have the occasional vibration and warning message in portrait mode.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, I am sorry to hear about this case. Just to double confirm, the gimbal has no vibration but will produce noise in portrait mode, right?
Is it possible to provide a video of this case to me for further checking? I am very concerned about the case and hope to receive your early reply.
2021-9-26
Use props
fansbdc6fc41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402976 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-26 00:42
Hi there, thank you for reaching out, I am sorry to hear about this case. Just to double confirm, the gimbal has no vibration but will produce noise in portrait mode, right?
Is it possible to provide a video of this case to me for further checking? I am very concerned about the case and hope to receive your early reply.

Thank you DJI Susan for your prompt reply - even after modifying my phone case to better grip the phone I still had some times when the gimbal would shake and then produce the error message for overheating, however there was no gimbal problems with the case taken off. With regard to the significant motor noise in portrait mode, this also occurs without the phone case being used. However, given all the above I was very pleased to be offered a new firmware update this  morning (Australian time) version 01.00.02.10 - from my testing so far this has solved both problems of gimbal vibration leading to an error state and the significant motor noise in portrait mode. If other users have found the same and DJI did intentionally include these fixes then perhaps the top of this site should show  appropriate comments from DJI to help other new users. Cheers
2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansbdc6fc41 Posted at 9-26 18:04
Thank you DJI Susan for your prompt reply - even after modifying my phone case to better grip the phone I still had some times when the gimbal would shake and then produce the error message for overheating, however there was no gimbal problems with the case taken off. With regard to the significant motor noise in portrait mode, this also occurs without the phone case being used. However, given all the above I was very pleased to be offered a new firmware update this  morning (Australian time) version 01.00.02.10 - from my testing so far this has solved both problems of gimbal vibration leading to an error state and the significant motor noise in portrait mode. If other users have found the same and DJI did intentionally include these fixes then perhaps the top of this site should show  appropriate comments from DJI to help other new users. Cheers

Hi, thank you for your update on the case, I am happy to hear that the issue has been optimized after you updated the firmware. Your feedback will be noticed and it would be helpful if I would see others who have the same issue. Have a nice day.
2021-9-26
Use props
DroneTinker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I had tried all of the above but did not help with iPhone 11 pro
2021-10-1
Use props
GPP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44508 ft
Dominican Republic

Hi

I have an issue with the 3X3 Panorama, it seems like the picture are not being stitched correctly, I've tried balancing and calibration but still doesn't seem to work correctly
2021-10-9
Use props
Paul Keizer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74514 ft
Netherlands

Dear Sir. I have decided to return my Mobile 5. It shoud never, never and never start shaking. This is a big faillure in the hardware of firmware I think. By the way my Mobile 2 has the same problem and I have had no reaction on my complaints.
2021-10-16
Use props
KontiKonsumi
lvl.2

Netherlands

Still having these issues on an iPhone 11 (only with a very light silicon case).
2021-11-20
Use props
Paul Keizer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74514 ft
Netherlands

Why do you not disable shaking for Osmo 2 and 5?Why do you not answer my suggestion or question?
Are there no possible sollutions?
There are a lot of persions with the same problem.
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_Qhk003mJqnCk
New

United Kingdom

I’m using the iPhone 12 Pro and it is just shaking no button will work or rest does anyone have any suggestions as to why it is doing this it worked perfectly two weeks ago but after I charged it up this is when I got the problem
2021-12-15
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_vAA6WR64ABif
New

India

Bought OM 5 yesterday.

My phone is not in the compatibility list.

However, it fits the said dimensions.

There is no APP for Android users in the play store.

Neither the app link on the main site works.

It automatically asks to be opened in word doc.

What's wrong?

Can somebody guide me through a video support?
2021-12-22
Use props
sjd666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

How do I go about returning my om5 as it’s not fit for purpose. All I keep getting is a red light and vibrating using iPhone 12pro max. Had the om5 for 3 weeks now and not been able to use it, and yes the phone is centred and no case.
2022-1-24
Use props
Jandeep
New

India

Hi,

I have recently bought DJI OM5 and I am using it with Iphone11. I am not getting a stable video. The video is shaking, I try to use the phone in landscape mode and the gimbal shakes left to right automatically, hence creating a shaking video.

The firmware version is 1.00.03.60 and DJI Mimo version is 1.7.12

Please suggest what needs to be done. I have tried everything which is mentioned in the forum and websites but nothing is working in my case.
2022-2-21
Use props
andrej.marinic
New

United Kingdom

I bought OM 5 even though I have an OM 3. Thought the fact I could easily take the phone off the gimbal was worth the purchase. I also thought that the horizontal adjustment would be better, something that plagued my OM 3 from the very start.

OM 3 is without any doubt the better gimbal. There is no stuttering, no jittering, the motion is super fluid. OM 5 unfortunately exibits all of the mentioned. The video is pretty much useless and warp stabilization has to do so much processing that the whole picture just constantly sways and is, again, useless. The horizontal adjustment issues persist. I have to rotate by 2.5 clockwise to get a level picture and I have to do this every time when using the gimbal.

To make things worse, the OM 5 is super unstable. When recording timelapse, even the slightest of air movements, like someone walking past the gimbal will result in shake. When on the desk, the slightest tap, like typing on a keyboard will again result in shake. Admittedly, this is very much down to the desk as well, but the OM 3 does not have these issues. It is just solid and firm. All these changes to make it sleek and compact (and it really is sleek and compact) have unfortunately resulted in an inferior product when it comes to it's primary function, and that is to make a smooth recording.
2022-4-14
Use props
djiuser_lf8ZX8hbVX6k
lvl.1

Canada

MiamiC70 Posted at 2021-9-20 16:33
So let me get this straight. DJI just released a new Gimbal that is incompatible with the just released iPhone 13 Pro Max and barely compatible with last years iPhone 12 Pro Max. Two of the most popular and the primary phones used for videography and the most likely to be used with a Gimbal. Does that sound about right? Because, when you say it out loud it sounds awfully incompetent and stupid.

Only idiots buy the max version of these phones, so no, they are not two of the most popular phones for filming. Stop trying to make up for your lack of testicular fortitude with your screen size.
2022-8-20
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_lf8ZX8hbVX6k Posted at 8-20 16:42
Only idiots buy the max version of these phones, so no, they are not two of the most popular phones for filming. Stop trying to make up for your lack of testicular fortitude with your screen size.

Your mom seems to like the XL version of things.
2022-12-17
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

MiamiC70 Posted at 2022-12-17 07:39
Your mom seems to like the XL version of things.

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this enabled vibration when the phone rings. https://thegeekpage.com/vibration-is-not-working-on-android-phone/
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_WDdE2y02aB5D
New

Australia

I am reaching out for your assistance with a concern regarding the compatibility of the SandMarc Anamorphic Lens with my DJI gimbal. Despite trying calibration and using the lens without the case, my iPhone 14 Pro Max tends to fall or hang to the side during use. I am using Gimbal 5.

I have a corporate film shoot scheduled for Wednesday, and your guidance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
1-28 04:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules