Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SC settings help required please.
217 8 2021-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
First Officer
Flight distance : 6889383 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know whether this should be in the Smart Controller section or the MP2 section.
I very seldom fly my MP2 and having now watched a good few YT videos on settings for smoother flights, I had a go at changing various settings on the SC menus.
One setting that I never used before was that of the Histogram. Now when I select it in the menu it appears to select but when looking at the screen no histogram display is there. I thought it might have to be flying to display so tried that, no joy. Can anyone advise please?
Also, something that I have never noticed before is that when I move the gimbal up or down using the wheel or using my finger on the screen, it moves ok but accompanied by a Beep and a centre display momentarily of a Green square box! Is this anything to do with AFC?

Is there a problem with the SC or the MP2. I don't know anyone with an original MP2 controller to try to isolate the problem.
2021-9-19
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 745620 ft
Malaysia

The histogram is a feature of the Go4 app, not of hardware, not the SC nor the drone itself. The histogram can be set in the camera section of the Go4 program.
But can only be set with the drone connected.

The green box, indeed it the auto focus point.
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks JohnDG. I have tried setting the Histogram in the camera settings with the drone connected on the ground and whilst in the air. It appears to set, (button slides to the right and goes green) but come out of the menu and go back in button has gone left and reverts to white colour.
This anomaly, thinking about it could be down to the fact that I had a hard landing the other day so that could indeed be the cause.
The beep does appear to reflect the focus control. I will try that with the menu set to Manual focus and see if it still beeps.
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

The Auto focus control in the menu is doing the opposite of that of the histogram. ie. Switching off AFC appears to work and yet when going out of menu and going back in it is set back on again.
When the AFC/M switch on display is set to manual then there is no Beep when moving Gimbal. Confused yet? I am!
With AFC/M switch in M and touch Green square adjacent then that symbol changes to a yellow circle?
Think it is time to talk to Dji.
Incidentally, how would one go about uninstalling the GO4 app on the SC and reinstalling because as I'm aware the app is already installed and cannot be removed or am I wrong.
The SAGA continues.
2021-9-19
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 745620 ft
Malaysia

yogi053 Posted at 9-19 08:16
The Auto focus control in the menu is doing the opposite of that of the histogram. ie. Switching off AFC appears to work and yet when going out of menu and going back in it is set back on again.
When the AFC/M switch on display is set to manual then there is no Beep when moving Gimbal. Confused yet? I am!
With AFC/M switch in M and touch Green square adjacent then that symbol changes to a yellow circle?

The yellow circle is a spot meter, measuring the light at the particular spot.
The Go4 app is automatically installed when you renew the firmware of the SC. If you download the Assistent 2 program from the DJI website you can renew (reinstall) the firmware of the SC.
In the menu of the SC there's also an option to reset to factory settings.

You can install a version of Go4 on the SC. In that case you have to download the Go4 app and manually install it.

I wouldn't think a hard landing or even a crash would have influence on the app's behaviour. That would only have an influence on flying the drone or it's camera.

Maybe have a peek in the manual of the Go4 app settings too

https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Very grateful to you for that information JohnDG. I will try all that you suggest to see if it helps in any way.

On my homepage, I received a notice that Dji Stephen had replied to my thread but on checking there is nothing there. Very strange!
2021-9-20
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

Did you try and contact me Dji Stephen?
2021-9-20
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

HELLO! Dji Stephen!
2021-9-20
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

This thread now closed. Repair process started.
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules