1361 8 2021-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Germany

Hi All,

I'm working for some years with various drones and I thought the M300 would be the "contemporary" tool for the various types of missions to be perofrmed.

Some solutions and functionalities are well designed.- However, some are not.
Here is my additional (to my original initial post) list of flawes and my wish list for hard and software updates on the pro systems of DJI:

1. The straps to hold the M300 "smart-RC Enterprise " are totally in the way! This is a real miss and flawed design which I expect to be solved in a better way with a hardware-upgrade. Both joysticks or the outer buttons on top are ending up behind the straps when holding the RC. Any explanaition how this could happen?
2. I couldn't find a way to adjust the sensitivity curve of the joysticks. When flying critical missions close to sensitive/expensive installations I'd like to move slow and very controlled. Even the consumer type of drones (e.g. P4) allow to adjust this. Any update planned?
3. For the same reason I'd like to limit the speed so I can fix the max speed. When taking time lapse pictures I'd like to guarantee that the overlap of the images is constant. This would be really good.
4. The tracktenna was abondoned by DJI for the M210. However, it would be great to see external antenna sockets anyway on the M300 controller.

Sure there is more to tell...

Thanks for you attention! :-)

Cheers,
Robert

2021-9-19
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Good suggestions.
I too have given up looking for joystick and gimbal control sensitivity, but have found that switching the "Mode" button from "P" to "T" cuts the sensitivity on everything drastically.

Whenever I'm going to be taking video, I fly to the location in "P", then switch to "T" for smooth control.

As I understand, "T" stands for "tripod"

Go figure

Sensitivity adjustments would be much better

2021-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Robert. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. These information will be cascade as well to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day. .
2021-9-19
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

Thanks for your replies. The T-mode indeed improves the situation. Thanks for the hint!  and thanks for the quick reply Stephen!  
I would have one more big wish: Give users the option to design their cockpit. ... E.g. some of the values are displayed so small and with green letter so I cannot see them when flying depending on the background. The downwards  obstacle avoidance figures are way to small for some of the missions. Other users might want other sensor data displayed larger , other users want something else to be easily spottable. Also the camera/video mode button is too small for larger fingers.
Thanks again!
2021-9-20
Use props
hkl073
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4992792 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

All above points Bob mentioned, i second that.
For T-mode.... sure, it slows all down. But it is essential to have an ATTI mode available for security / backup reasons in cases of GPS / Compass mailfunction / fly away and regaining control.
I Would rather see a A-T-P mode over a A-S-P mode alternative for the T-S-P switch.
As mentioned by bob,  couldn't find a way to adjust the sensitivity curve of the joysticks. It would be nice to have it like the P4
2021-10-31
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

YES, the control and gimbal sensitivity along with harsh BRAKING issues need a fix. There should be the option to apply exponential to all controls on this drone. I use the P1 for mapping and it's an incredible camera but we are missing the ability to soften the movements. I have used it to take some incredible videos. And while you are in the software fixing all these issues DJI why not give us the ability to track an object with the P1. Let us get the most out of a very good camera.  Wouldn't that be great? Here is a braking issue that I posted several months ago that tracks with some of the issues mentioned in this post. Please feel free to comment, as new comments will keep the post on the first page. Maybe someone from DJI will see it and take action.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=237320#pid2547117
2021-11-23
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just broke another isolator carrying the P1. The first time was carrying the H20T. Unbelievable!!
2021-11-29
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

mikes1 Posted at 11-29 20:18
Just broke another isolator carrying the P1. The first time was carrying the H20T. Unbelievable!![view_image]

After how many hours did it brake?
2021-11-30
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not sure about the first break. Probably about 30 hours and 90% of those flights were all automated mapping. The second break was at 43 hours. 43 hours is the total time flight time for this UAV. I have a friend that has a work M300 and a personnel M300 and both have the same crazy breaking responses. It's amazing to me that DJI can put effort into giving us a coordinated turn option for smooth flight, which I think is useless and dumb downs your piloting skills, but can't or won't fix this issue. The circumstances around this last break were a little different than the first time. I was flying about 5 mph around 10' altitude and about 75' in front of me. There seemed to be a "double move" made by the drone with NO stick input from me other than a very small amount of forward stick pressure. The first one was the standard hard breaking from forward flight and the second was a side move caused when the CSM radar detected an obstacle "flag pole" on the left side of the flight path. Both these moves happened at the same time.
2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules