DJI om 5 unable to connect
14993 24 2021-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Junipera
New

Canada

I'm unable to connect the DJI om5 to anything at all, Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Huawei P30pro etc
Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried different phones, unpaired and paired device, followed the direction to push the three buttons at once to reset the Bluetooth connection, but simply nothing is found in the Mimo app.

Without the app, when paired directly, the buttons are mapped improperly as well. Record becomes volume up. So as is, it's useless without the app.

The om5 is also super shakey and grindy when I turn it on, with or without a phone mounted on it.

Seems like it has a ton of issues.

2021-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Junipera. Thank you for reaching out and we will do our best to solve your problem. You can refer to this video to use DJI OM 5:

If the problem persists, please keep us posted. Thanks.
2021-9-19
Use props
Junipera
New

Canada

Hi, I actually watched that video before posting.

Sadly it does not help with any of the issues I'm having.
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_rM2NjSxwEQDD
lvl.1

Spain

The same for me , success with 1.6 software version ,web version, don't playstore.
2021-9-20
Use props
Vliegende Brabander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36591 ft
Netherlands

Same here. Just unpacked nu new OM5. No connection whatever I try. Have to sent back without having it used at all. Not happy
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_t3pmPwqkicJf
lvl.1

France

djiuser_rM2NjSxwEQDD Posted at 9-20 00:57
The same for me , success with 1.6 software version ,web version, don't playstore.

Same for me, from playstore ko, website apk ok....
And if the application could be more intelligent to propose a recording on the SD card it would be even better
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Junipera Posted at 9-19 20:34
Hi, I actually watched that video before posting.

Sadly it does not help with any of the issues I'm having.

Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Here are some suggestions for you to get a reference.
1. Please check the indicator of OM 5, if the indicator is green, it means that the device is connected to a mobile phone at this time, you need to reset the Bluetooth: Long press the Trigger, Shutter Button and Switch Button at the same time for 1 second. Then, the indicator will turn yellow.
2. On the settings page of your phone, switch the Blutooth off and on.
3. Restart the DJI Mimo and try to connect the OM 5 again.
4. If the issue persists, please restart your mobile phone and try to connect the OM 5 for the third time.
5. If the issue persists, please contact us as soon as possible, we will help you.
2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_iSSRVhRGEljZ
New

United Kingdom

Exactly the same issues, I have an old Xiaomi Redmi 7 and I could not connect/pair my phone with OM5. However, as mentioned above by djiuser_rM2NjSxwEQDD and djiuser_t3pmPwqkicJf, I got the app from the website instead of google play just scanning the QR code. now the App MIMO pairs correctly with no further issues so far.
Try: "dji.com/uk/mimo"
Good luck
2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_byiRxVNrJ3Yy
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-23 18:57
Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Here are some suggestions for you to get a reference.
1. Please check the indicator of OM 5, if the indicator is green, it means that the device is connected to a mobile phone at this time, you need to reset the Bluetooth: Long press the Trigger, Shutter Button and Switch Button at the same time for 1 second. Then, the indicator will turn yellow.
2. On the settings page of your phone, switch the Blutooth off and on.

I’m having the same issues , my om5 does not work

Stays green and even if I reset does not show blinking
It connects with my phone momentarily but battery says is too low
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_byiRxVNrJ3Yy Posted at 11-22 15:45

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Could you give us a video of this issue to do a confirmation? Besides, please tell us the current firmware version of DJI Mimo and OM 5. Thanks.
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_PYURInj2U2wc
New

Hungary

Hi , can you please check the age of my Dji OM4 gimble.
Serial number
2021-11-23
Use props
mariuuu
New

Portugal

Exactly the same here. I bought it on the first week after launch...couldn't use it yet!
2021-12-19
Use props
djiuser_WC94itF8gLqP
New

Italy

Hi, same here. After the last firmware update the dji mimo app not connect with the device. The phone paired correctly via Bluetooth but not the app. The reset pressing trigger, shutter and switch is not working, the light keep green.
I'm not able to reboot the device through the app, since it not recognised it.

I've already tried to change phone, on/off Bluetooth, etc...
Nothing's changed
2022-4-20
Use props
Bobg3029
lvl.1
Australia

I have just purchased the OM5 & after some effort, managed to pair it with my Samsung S21ultra.
I was using the OM5 on the weekend & in between uses, the gimble went limp & stopped pairing to the S21. The power led is flashing red/green.
Looking through the forums, that indicates the OM5 is doing a firmware upgrade but the MIMO app is not indicating any upgrade status & will not pair to the OM5.
How do I clear this error?
I have tried blutooth reset, MIMO reset & swithing OM5 on/off numerous times, all to no avail.
2022-4-30
Use props
Sylva007
New

France

Hello I just bought this device but for two days I can't connect with the DJI immo app.. I tried several things but it still doesn't work .. I tried reset as mentioned above but they don't pass the light remains fixed green thank you for your help
2022-5-16
Use props
djiuser_jYrTsr6HBlcp
New

Argentina

Is this problem solved?
I've purchase a OM5 las week and yesterday stopped working.  

What I've already did:
1. Restart my phone. Didn't solve it.
2. I've reinstalled the mimo app.  Didn't solve it.
3. I've tried to reset the bluetooth using the trigger, shooter and switch button.  Didn't solve it.

Please, we need a clue and a step by step resolution checklist.
Thanks
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_0w4eM1pcUu1U
New

Australia

Went to use my OM5 for the second time. I'm also flashing red and green. Bluetooth won't reset. I can connect to mobile Bluetooth, but the app says not found.

Really don't want to send it back.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_HMjzF1a8o0wS
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have recently received a OM 5 as a gift , as mentioned by others i also cannot connect my S21 Ultra to the device but the device connects to my phone

i can't connect with the DJI MIMO app ,I tried

*Reset as mentioned above but they don't pass the light remains fixed green
*Reinstalled 1.7.16  - 3 times
*Restarted phone 10+ times
*Removed all other Bluetooth device paring's from my phone

I have another issue where my device remains non functional , I cannot use the device in an offline mode , Non of the buttons function beside the Power On/Off . I believe it should still stabilise and change orientation , Correct @DJI support ?

@DJI support , I am in a new country now, Where can i take this device to in the Netherlands ?
2022-6-21
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

I am also unable to connect to my OM5. It did connect when I first used it. Since that day I have been unable to connect. I am using a Samsung Note 10+. I have downloaded and re-installed the app from the website a number of times. Reset the phone and turned Bluetooth on and off. I have also reset the OM5 all without resolving the issue
2022-7-11
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

I can only install the old version of Mimo, the new one wont install. I also can not connect to the OM5
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_p3L2GSNOBJ6R
New
Serbia

Hi
I can't connect OM5 with my phone. One week ago it worked well.
I tried:
  • Update Dji Mimo App
  • Restart my phone
  • Reset OM5 Bluetooth. When I did it nothing happened. Power led was yellow-green and after 3 buttons it's the same color.
  • Change phone. Tried: Samsung A53, A33, iPhone 13

How to fix it?
2022-10-10
Use props
HubertAile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6348120 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
I managed to solve the problem (it flashed green and red successively and impossible to connect).

1- Uninstall the MIMO app from the smartphone
2- Dissociate the OM 5 device from bluetooth (bluetooth settings)
3- Reinstall MIMO from the DJI site
4- Launch MIMO (connect to your account, etc...).
5- Close MIMO
6- Restart MIMO
6- Turn on the OM5
7- Activate bluetooth on the smartphone and pair the OM 5
8- In MIMO connect the OM5

And There you go...
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_36i3GqRlj92T
New

Germany

djiuser_byiRxVNrJ3Yy Posted at 2021-11-22 15:45

Hi i have the same problem
It shows me: low battery gimebal

I've tried all of the methods
But it didn't fixed.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_36i3GqRlj92T Posted at 10-3 02:16
Hi i have the same problem
It shows me: low battery gimebal

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble Can you please try the steps below and see if it will help:
1. Please make sure to enable the mobile phone’s Bluetooth;
2. Please check if all the permissions in the DJI Mimo app are fully enabled (For Android devices, please note that: The position information of the app/GPS information permissions must be enabled).
* Due to Android system restrictions: The Bluetooth search function on the DJI Mimo homepage and device connection page can only work when the position information/GPS information permissions have been enabled.
3. Check whether the app is the latest version. If not, please update it to the latest version. Here is the link for download: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
4. Try to go to the mobile phone’s Settings - Bluetooth List and omit the Bluetooth connection records.
5. Please kindly reset the gimbal’s Bluetooth: Press the Switch Button, Shutter/Record Button, and Trigger at the same time and reset the Bluetooth connection.
6. Please hard reset the mobile phone.
7. If the issue persists, please try to use another mobile phone (iOS↔Android) and try again.
Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_yX5YLFjMF9CC
New
Flight distance : 663 ft
Australia

Purchased an om 5 a while ago and it was always an issue so trying to see if I can get it to reconnect to mys23 ultra. Just following the beginner guide, but when I press record on the Gimbals it just increases my volume and does NOT actually record.
1-19 03:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules