Always the last one to notice ...
610 11 2021-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

I am so disappointed ... I just saw this. Had I known this was available I probably would not have purchased the DJI Kit, and spent more money on the Autel Kit. Sigh.
8 Inch Display - 2000 nits.

https://auteldrones.com/pages/smart-controller

2021-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing but I dont think this works with the Mavics.
2021-9-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a very capable SC for Autel products.  
2021-9-20
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-20 00:54
Thanks for sharing but I dont think this works with the Mavics.

A little duct tape, a new radio, some solder, I could make it work!

However, I was referring to an Autel drone Kit with their Smart Controller.  Maybe DJI will sense the competition and come out with a new Smart Controller with a larger screen, more brightness: 1000 nits is marginal in full sun, and a 5" screen requires a magnifying glass to see the most important icons (GPS count and battery level).
2021-9-20
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Plus its out of stock and double the money.
2021-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eEridani Posted at 9-20 09:03

But the Aurel drones don’t fully compete with DJI yet.  Especially here in Europe where we have new stricter drone rules.
2021-9-20
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

I’ve been using DJI products for a while now. Technically I am happy with them. However, I am not happy with the company’s attitude. Once my equipment requires replacement, I will probably no longer consider DJI. But I am sure DJI does not care...
2021-9-22
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3

United States

MeAtHome Posted at 9-22 00:50
I’ve been using DJI products for a while now. Technically I am happy with them. However, I am not happy with the company’s attitude. Once my equipment requires replacement, I will probably no longer consider DJI. But I am sure DJI does not care...

You've never used most companies products much, then. I have yet to find any large companies that really give a 'crap' ... lol.
2021-9-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have this smart controller for my evo 2 pro.  i consider it the finest single support purchase i've made in the consumer electronics category over the past 5 years.  going from the standard controller to the smart controller has totally changed the evo 2 and it's now my drone of choice for pretty much everything.
2021-9-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

eEridani Posted at 9-20 09:03

i really hope dji will hit the brakes on whatever they are producing and go back to making more updates to their next smart controller even if that means adding 6 months.  the dji smart controller of today is just a fancy remote control with a really nice phone display built in.  if the new dji sc does not have 2000 nit minimum, they miss the mark.  as you mentioned the current is marginal and it is really apparent once you start using the autel sc.

for me the super large display is not so much for icons readability but the ability to actually see "everything" the drone can see *while flying* is most helpful.  not a lot of surprises when i get home and review the video footage on the tv.  not sure what combination of screen size, nits, resolution, transmission, etc is involved to make this happen but the new dji sc must have a gigantic screen at least.

i will gladly pay $1500 for a sc that is flawless and compatible with all models.
2021-9-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 9-20 11:02
Plus its out of stock and double the money.

there are two versions of the autel sc:  v1 and v2

v1 is out of stock since only 500 ever built and likely all were sold so it's not ever coming back in stock
v2 is just now hitting the market so it is probably marked as out of stock until it can be sold separately (i think v2 sc is just starting to be available in the kits).

eventually there will be plenty of sc for sale; everyone who want to pay full price for one will be able to get one.  or maybe not since things have really changed in the world (shortages) in 2021/2022.
2021-9-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MeAtHome Posted at 9-22 00:50
I’ve been using DJI products for a while now. Technically I am happy with them. However, I am not happy with the company’s attitude. Once my equipment requires replacement, I will probably no longer consider DJI. But I am sure DJI does not care...

there are many people that are just as unhappy with autel robotics as a smaller company.  there are very few consumer electronics company where the customers are largely happy with them....most are pretty indifferent.  unless the company has company screwed me over i try to separate customer service from the product to some degree.
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules