My FPV is unstable and unreliable(Has this ever happened to you?)
1535 4 2021-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
micheldiz
lvl.1

Brazil

I have a curious case to report. Apparently, my FPV is defective. It's unstable and when I tell it to take off it doesn't hover, it just starts going down and it doesn't descend in a straight line, always in one direction. As if someone was pulling the stick... The first time this happened he landed next to plants. Then the worst happened, he got into a fight with the plants and lost all the propellers...

Before returning to this case above:

For the first three days, it took off and worked perfectly. There wasn't a problem either in it. I took off from inside the house, he left and entered through the AirBNB window several times, at night he even turned on the light. And there was no sign of instability. In fact, it was perfect! It looked like a bee flying overhead. Super stable and making exceptional flights.

Already on the eighth or ninth flight (I don't remember exactly, but it was the penultimate flight) back to my hometown, it took off in an unstable way. I thought it was the lack of GPS. When I accelerated the climb so he wouldn't hit the wall. He just started walking in one direction by himself! for almost 30 meters to the south. He almost crashed into cell phone antennas! For a second I almost lost it inside the tower site. And I would never pass through that way, he went alone! But then he "recovered", stabilized the flight and I got back in control - I had a small heart attack! I took the flight normally and returned home. I landed in the yard and he didn't quite recognize the landing spot and crashed into the wall. I just lost the left propellers. And I got some scratches on the fairing. So far so good.

After that day, I was at my apartment and decided to take off from the parking lot. Open place, no cars on the floor I was on. Everything perfect. It took off normally, didn't come down, hovered in front of me. Then I went up with him and up there he was unsteady against the wind. I hadn't seen him like this. On the first flight in São Paulo, he faced strong wind and was not tilting the camera. Not even jostling with any movement. Anyway, I went back to the parking lot and I was analyzing him. It was very suspicious. I walked around the parking lot and soon he ran out of battery. It was very fast! He did the “return to home” but went to a totally different place from where he took off. 12 meters away, on top of the building's awning. I canceled with a lot of effort and made the manual landing. After that, I stopped flying with him. He was unstable, the GPS was creating a wrong landing spot. Anyway. I decided to buy a propeller protector. But it hasn't arrived yet.

Back to the first issue, I reported when starting this post above. Today, I am in Brasilia. Capital of Brazil. I wanted to take some pictures with him. But he is reluctant to take off! I bought new propellers. Two Pairs. On the first attempt, he went up and then down without my consent and fought with the plants. Destroying my new propellers.

We went to another place, where there was the only asphalt. And he was again reluctant to take off gracefully. And It kept wanting to get down to the ground. As if he was tired. It didn't want to hover in the air. If it had been on an uneven ground I would have lost the second pair of propellers. I tried two or three times in vain. I was scared of him now wanting to get into a fight with the asphalt and finish breaking the drone...

I'm here reloading and installing the new firmware that came out. And I will try again tomorrow. If he doesn't get back to normal. I will open an issue ticket. But the big problem is that I don't know if I'm covered as I imported the equipment. And he is not launched in Brazil so far...

This all appears to be a problem with some altitude and location sensors. It's very weird. I can't trust this drone anymore. I may never trust him again.

Cheers.

PS. There is a way to reset the whole thing? just to be sure it has nothing to do with my configs or maybe some corrupt data.
PS2. Also I'm not able to export the log via DJI Assistant 2. It says "Failed to get log list" - I was able to update the firmware tho.

2021-9-19
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Try calibrating your compass if you have not done so yet. Also, make sure the bottom sensors are clean.
2021-9-19
Use props
micheldiz
lvl.1

Brazil

fansf0572733 Posted at 9-19 19:16
Try calibrating your compass if you have not done so yet. Also, make sure the bottom sensors are clean.

Thanks for the answer.

I have tried everything. Recalibrate everything I could. Just the calibration via Assistant 2 I wasn't able to do cuz I have an M1 MacBook. And it is not compatible, to have access to a windows computer I have to travel 1400km back home...

But is it normal to fall back to the ground if the sensor is dirt? What strange behavior. It should have an accelerometer to understand it is falling or some inertia sensor. But it doesn't make too much sense, how does that visual sensor deal with heights? I think this sensor would be used to short distance, to see the ground coming. The drone falls from 14 meters of altitude. I thing the behavior should be hover still, as "maybe I'm still in the ground" and not "maybe I'm still in the ground so let me push down a bit more to stick to the ground". Makes no sense.

Cheers.
2021-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there micheldiz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on the said DJI Drone and you have done several troubleshooting steps to rectify the said issue but still the issue persist. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-9-19
Use props
micheldiz
lvl.1

Brazil

I have tried to upgrade the firmware, no luck. I have lost my last pair of propellers. The drone is walking alone. I'll open the ticket anyway...
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules