508 3 2021-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've be flying the Phantom 3 for years now so I'm familiar with monitoring the battery life. I just purchased the Mini 2 and there so something odd about the RTH time value.
  • It takes roughly about four minutes to go a mile out on full battery charge.
  • The RTH battery indicator goes from 20 mins to 5 mins when flying about a mile away.
  • I start to fly it back to the home point and the RTH value changes to about 12 minutes.
  • My concern is that I'm only four minutes into the flight over a mile away and the RTH value is so low I'm afraid I'm going to lose the drone.
  • Maybe I'm missing something, I'm wondering why the RTH value constantly change?

2021-9-20
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Thats got to do with the wind. You were more than likely flying into a head wind and once returning is works out that it will use a lot less power to get back and the algorithms change
2021-9-20
Use props
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

robpri Posted at 9-20 06:30
Thats got to do with the wind. You were more than likely flying into a head wind and once returning is works out that it will use a lot less power to get back and the algorithms change

That makes sense, yet will the RTH kick in based upon the reading? I'm nervous that my drone will go into  auto landing in the middle of nowhere.
2021-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will kick in when it thinks it needs to, 1 tip, always try to fly with a headwind, don't fly out with the wind, that way the RTH should always get you back home.
it should turn back at about 60% or thereabouts...
2021-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules