Phantom 3 S Remote Signal Weak
3220 8 2021-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YamiP3
lvl.1

Italy

Hello and good evening,

recently i bought a used Phantom 3 Standard drone, everything was fine for the first few flights had no problems at all, but one day while flying the drone started spinning around and flying up and down, after 1 minute it started the RTH and landed. Searching in Google i think i went through a high magnetic field, in fact they app , while this happened, was showing constant ' Compass Error'.
After that episode i'm not able to fly more than 20m height and 30m distance. I tried several fixes like FW Update, Remote reset, Remote Re-link with the AC, Recalibration on the compass, Recalibration of the IMU, none of them has fixed the problem.
Today i upgraded the 2 'Side Antennas' of the remote, still same problem...
Now my question is, should i replace the Compass and give it a try ?
Or should replace Wifi Receiver in the AC ?
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there YamiP3. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Phantom 3 Standard to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-9-20
Use props
YamiP3
lvl.1

Italy

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I've tried several areas, unluckly with no results.
As a mobile device i'm using a Redmi Note 10 Pro.
2021-9-20
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Hi Yami,
What signal is lost after 30m distance and 20m height ? Controler- or/and wifisignal?
Did your phone cover any part of the RC upperside? If yes then try to put your phone on another place of the RC. This looks like a sending and receiving issue.the compass does ´nt need to be changed. But look for the antennas in the landing gear of the AC,that they are ok and properly connected to the board. Do it with the compass too.
2021-9-21
Use props
YamiP3
lvl.1

Italy

The error Is i get Is Remote Controller signal weak, and then signal Lost... So it's the remote not wifi..the phone Is sitting in front of the RC away from the antennas...i'll Have a look at the cables on the RC and i'll come back..
2021-9-21
Use props
YamiP3
lvl.1

Italy

Pictures of the inside regarding wifi cables and Compass...they look normal
IMG_20210921_135612.jpg
IMG_20210921_135633.jpg
2021-9-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you unplug your compass on purpose?
2021-9-21
Use props
YamiP3
lvl.1

Italy

ALABAMA Posted at 9-21 04:32
Did you unplug your compass on purpose?

Yes, i tried unplug and plug again
2021-9-21
Use props
YamiP3
lvl.1

Italy

So i'm going to change the main antenna of the Remote Controller with this one...in the 2nd picture Is what i already updated on the RC...
Screenshot_2021-09-21-16-26-33-047_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0023.jpeg
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules