4749 36 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI FPV drone and flying at 90MPH.  Who has flown like this for many months near daily and their drone still work like it does day 1?  I'm scared it would break (in mid-air) and cause Heavy damage on whatever it lands on.
2021-9-21
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

I have this drone since day one and I immediately flew in manual mode .... I flew for about 450 Km and reached maximum speeds of 120/130 Km / h without any problem

My drone flies as well as ever .... never had any problems honestly

I honestly don't understand your question ..... if you don't crash the drone is designed to fly under these conditions.

I added the lateral supports to have greater stiffness and every now and then check that the various screws are well tightened ....

Even if I have been flying FPV for many years, I always take off and land with the DJI FPV in N mode so as not to stress it too much.

These are my recommendations
2021-9-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-21 03:27
Hello !!

I have this drone since day one and I immediately flew in manual mode .... I flew for about 450 Km and reached maximum speeds of 120/130 Km / h without any problem

280 miles flown at 90mph constantly??

Are the screws always tight or did some get loose?  I was more worried about an motor/ESC failure.

Did you tighten the throttle screw down?

I'm so satisfied w/ the way Sport mode works that I don't have any need to rip it at 90mph back and forth though I want to.  I just need more confidence to know no one had issues w/ any failure. : )  When I fly at 90mph people start looking.  Flying in sport no one really cares too much.
2021-9-21
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!

The average speed during my flights is about 80/90 Km / h with maximum speeds during dives of up to 130 Km / h .... almost always flying in the mountains.

The DJI FPV like all things can suffer damage but honestly we are not talking about a normal FPV build where doing a too exaggerated punch out risks burning motors or esc ....

I believe that the DJI FPV has some blocks that do not allow to reach certain limits ...

Then flying in S mode you will never get to push the drone to the limit believe me.

The screws and all the mechanical parts have not shown any signs of failure or failure.

Then a breakdown can always happen as in all man-made things !!

Enjoy your drone and if anything ever happens there is always a guarantee from DJI.
2021-9-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-21 05:22
Hello !!

The average speed during my flights is about 80/90 Km / h with maximum speeds during dives of up to 130 Km / h .... almost always flying in the mountains.

Thank you for the very plausible explanations.
2021-9-21
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

frankymusik Posted at 9-21 06:56
Thank you for the very plausible explanations.

Hello !!

I have always flown FPV with self-built builds and trying to optimize the PID tuning and believe me of ESCs and engines pushed to the limit that have burned I have seen several ...

On the DJI FPV the PID tuning is fixed and decided by the DJI who certainly did it in a conservative way for their hardware and engines .....

I think this is also the problem of a not perfect PID tunig in manual mode ....

For example, I have seen people who mount action cameras on the drone or use different propellers with adapters .... my experience teaches me that not being able to intervene on the PID tuning I would not vary in any way the weight and attitude of this drone ... .

I don't understand then why not use a classic FPV build and do all the necessary experiments and modifications?

Logically everyone can do what he wants with his drone but the safety factor in my opinion would be less.

I have builds from 3 "up to 7" and then the DJI FPV that I enjoy as it is !!

Good flight everyone
2021-9-21
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I chase jets. No problem.
2021-9-21
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

SgtRay Posted at 9-21 08:24
I chase jets. No problem.

Hello !!

And I would also say in a fantastic way!

Nice work, good work
2021-9-21
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-21 09:01
Hello !!

And I would also say in a fantastic way!

Lol thanks

so you see AntDX there is nothing to fear. The DJI done is made to go as fast as it does. I home made drone can go faster but it can also go beyond it's limits do to it not being limited to a flight controller that is programed not to.

I put a mount on to push it past those. While I did it I knew it would be on my head. "My drone my choice." But while you stay inside of the built plan you have not much to worry about.

Fly it as fast as the FC will let you and you'll have fun for days.
Fly out side of that and watch the props fly! LOL
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. I hops that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns that DJI FPV can give out there valued insights with regards to this matter. Thank you and fly safe always.  
2021-9-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm still going to just fly in Sport mode.  The other concern is birds not being able to get out of the way.
2021-9-22
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 9-22 05:37
I'm still going to just fly in Sport mode.  The other concern is birds not being able to get out of the way.

Hello !!

No offense but honestly I don't understand all these concerns of yours ..... fly and enjoy your drone and live peacefully !!

Don't use your car because you could have an accident ?
Flying long range in the mountains over the Dolomites I have already lost two 7 "builds with the Go-Pro on it ...... a bad experience but the love for this hobby certainly didn't stop me ..... flying in FPV is too good and exciting to stop

I don't think so and so use your drone like everything else ....
2021-9-22
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

I'm still going to just fly in Sport mode.  The other concern is birds not being able to get out of the way.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWBv1sVI0w

Birds are going to do whatever birds do. A bird that wants to get out of the way of your drone can do so. A bird that wants to attack your drone can do so.. You worrying about it and trying to avoid it will most likely cause it. Much like when you learn to ride a bike and you try to miss a tree and end up hitting it.. Worries OK but worry less and fly more.
2021-9-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 9-22 11:12
Birds are going to do whatever birds do. A bird that wants to get out of the way of your drone can do so. A bird that wants to attack your drone can do so.. You worrying about it and trying to avoid it will most likely cause it. Much like when you learn to ride a bike and you try to miss a tree and end up hitting it.. Worries OK but worry less and fly more.

A bird crashed into my forks when I was riding the e-bike on the beach at night.  They usually avoid but this one was flying like all the other birds but instead of diverting away it flew back and directly into the forks.  I had my light on, I didn't change speed or direction the whole time being entirely predictable.  That means.. with our drones the birds can ram into them or we ram into them not knowing!

Basically, if you see birds do not fly near them.
2021-9-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-22 05:41
Hello !!

No offense but honestly I don't understand all these concerns of yours ..... fly and enjoy your drone and live peacefully !!

I really wish to fly in full manual but the risks of it failing in mid-air isn't good.  I'm happy with Sport mode.
2021-9-23
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 9-23 02:39
I really wish to fly in full manual but the risks of it failing in mid-air isn't good.  I'm happy with Sport mode.

Hello !!

You must have more confidence in your abilities and above all in the DJI FPV !!

Even when flying in manual mode you can always resort to the fantastic functionality that is the emergency brake of the DJI FPV in case of problems !!

This possibility that does not exist in normal FPV builds is fantastic for giving more confidence to those you have to learn !!

Start your manual flight by looking for a quiet location with a nice lawn and start with an angle of the drone camera set to about 10/15 degrees.

Have fun and have a good flight !!
2021-9-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-23 02:56
Hello !!

You must have more confidence in your abilities and above all in the DJI FPV !!

Does pressing Start/Stop twice kill the motors while in mid-air?
2021-9-23
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 9-23 03:15
Does pressing Start/Stop twice kill the motors while in mid-air?

Hello !!

I confirm that if you press the Start / Stop button twice in succession and quickly you will stop the engines in flight ....

To be done only in emergency situations.

It may seem strange to have a button to do this but in FPV flight with BUILD it is a very normal thing and you always fly with a finger on the motor disarm switch ..... for safety reasons.
2021-9-23
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 9-23 02:37
A bird crashed into my forks when I was riding the e-bike on the beach at night.  They usually avoid but this one was flying like all the other birds but instead of diverting away it flew back and directly into the forks.  I had my light on, I didn't change speed or direction the whole time being entirely predictable.  That means.. with our drones the birds can ram into them or we ram into them not knowing!

Basically, if you see birds do not fly near them.

As I said birds are goanna be birds. I don't spend much time worrying about them. Nether does most of the drone community. But if it worries you do what make you feel best I guess
2021-9-23
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Stop being paranoid. These drones are NOT going to break apart when flown in manual mode at full.speed. Jesus. That should be the least of your worries!
2021-9-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is how I come out of manual mode if I'm "losing" control, I switch to normal or sport.  I never hit the start/stop many times, luckily.  Did they remove the motors stopping mid-air if you hit it twice fast???

I should just test it when on top of the gymnastics mat.

Do all of you tighten down your left throttle stick??

2021-9-23
Use props
Unused
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Akon prop adapters with dal 5249c, 35 degree tilt average 70-80mph mid throttle
2021-9-28
Use props
ClassicShooter
lvl.2

United States

I'm still going to just fly in Sport mode.  The other concern is birds not being able to get out of the way.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWBv1sVI0w

I had a bird almost hit my Air 2s while trying to adjust for a better picture, maybe 2 or 3 mph, pretty slow. Thing about birds is if you see them try and avoid them, but be scared because of "might happens", enjoy what you have.
2021-9-28
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-21 03:27
Hello !!

I have this drone since day one and I immediately flew in manual mode .... I flew for about 450 Km and reached maximum speeds of 120/130 Km / h without any problem

You brave soul.  I applaud you!
2021-9-30
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

scubaAnn Posted at 9-30 05:55
You brave soul.  I applaud you!

Hello !!

I'm not brave but I just have about 5 years flying experience in FPV flight with full kiss build.

I started flying with analog FPV systems and switching to DJI's digital system was a great thing.

I don't use DJI FPV to freestyle but I fly mid-long range in the mountains and I have to say it's fantastic.

Greetings to your little four-legged friend !!

He looks a lot like my little Milo !!

Good flight
2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-30 06:08
Hello !!

I'm not brave but I just have about 5 years flying experience in FPV flight with full kiss build.

LOL.  He's my little buddy.  

I'm too scared to take the FPV plunge.  Maybe someday.
2021-9-30
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

scubaAnn Posted at 9-30 06:30

Hello !!

I hope that one day you can find the courage to switch to FPV flying .... the sensations that an FPV flight conveys are fantastic and unforgettable ...

Each flight is a new experience especially in cruise flight

Feel good
2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-30 06:34
Hello !!

I hope that one day you can find the courage to switch to FPV flying .... the sensations that an FPV flight conveys are fantastic and unforgettable ...

OMG.  You're not helping.  

I don't need another drone....... I dont need another drone.  
2021-9-30
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

scubaAnn Posted at 9-30 06:51

Hello !!!

In my opinion you are tempted to try FPV flying

You could ask a friend if he flies FPV to let you try
2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 9-30 06:53
Hello !!!

In my opinion you are tempted to try FPV flying

Dont have any friends that fly FPV
2021-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 9-30 06:51

The DJI FPV drone is the easiest if you stay in normal or Sport mode.  Manual is another world.  If you don't know what to do you can switch it to Normal or Sport.
2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 9-30 09:00
The DJI FPV drone is the easiest if you stay in normal or Sport mode.  Manual is another world.  If you don't know what to do you can switch it to Normal or Sport.

Out of your 55 drones listed under your name, which do you use most often AntDX?
2021-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 9-30 09:03
Out of your 55 drones listed under your name, which do you use most often AntDX?

I prefer the Mini 2 for the sake of having peace of mind that if it crashes I don't have problems.  DJI FPV is fast and insane at top speed on M-Mode.   Sport mode is great, it can fly far but it gets boring up in the air because it covers so much ground quickly, you end up seeing the same things multiple times.

For the photography and video jobs, M2P no doubt.  It's all situational.  Fascade jobs, M2Z for the sake of being away from the building.  Phantom 4 Pro V2 for orthomosaic roof scans as the quality is the best.  Can even have fun w/ the Spark drone for flying in 3rd person.

The DJI FPV drone is probably the ultimate FPV experience.   There is like no lag and you are really far away.  I'm not sure how DJI does it but even being high up and far, if there is no "mission" it's quite boring.
2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 9-30 09:20
I prefer the Mini 2 for the sake of having peace of mind that if it crashes I don't have problems.  DJI FPV is fast and insane at top speed on M-Mode.   Sport mode is great, it can fly far but it gets boring up in the air because it covers so much ground quickly, you end up seeing the same things multiple times.

For the photography and video jobs, M2P no doubt.  It's all situational.  Fascade jobs, M2Z for the sake of being away from the building.  Phantom 4 Pro V2 for orthomosaic roof scans as the quality is the best.  Can even have fun w/ the Spark drone for flying in 3rd person.

I love the Mini 2.  It was my second drone.  I really like my A2.  You sound like quite an expert!  Holy crap. I think it would be awesome to have a line up of 10 drones someday!
2021-9-30
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Italy

Hello !!

The use of drones is all too personal .... first thing to see if you use them for professional purposes or as a hobby and the pure pleasure of flying.

I fly only for hobbies and pleasure.

I started flying FPV with freestyle build right away .... never had a stabilized DJI drone !!

I took the DJI Mini 2 out of curiosity a few months ago and I use it very little ..... I find it too boring .... unfortunately I was born with freestyle ...

I find the DJI FPV drone fantastic for long range cruise and proximity flight in the mountains .... see 22 satellites locked in while flying and all flight information through my googles when you are 6km and more away gives you a security that no build can give you.

I lost 7 "drones above the peaks of my mountains at over 2800m where they can no longer be recovered .... unfortunately it is really bad.

Everyone can and must fly as they like and find satisfaction ... always with safety !!

Good flight everyone
2021-9-30
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 9-30 06:30

I did a demo at my clubs field and had a 13yr who never flew, fly for the first time. He did great! At the 9:17 mark. It was my drone and I wasn't worried. He did it with my motion controller.

My reg controller has the springs off. If they where at their normal he would have gotten to use it. If I had him do 2 more flights I would have anyway. And that's with only 30min flight time. Stop being scared! I let kids as old as 10 and they do fine.

Just ask yourself how do you want to fly? Drone go from $20 and up and just as many reasons for having them. This drone fill a few of the reasons but not all. With it's flight controller on it removes move fears than it gives.

Just ask yourself how do you want to fly...
2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

Cute video
2021-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules