supports the latest device with iPad Mini 6?
10358 22 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

supports the latest device with iPad Mini 6 ?

Has anyone tested the latest iPad 6 mini with WiFi and Cellular with the DJI Fly app?
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pinarek. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI copilots who have tried using the iPad 6 mini with the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-9-21
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

it would be nice if you updated the list of devices.  So many Apple devices that have recently appeared are missing that are not listed.
My iPad mini six is ​​also not on their list.  Why don't you update the list regularly?  That's not a good sign for a DJI.
2021-9-22
Use props
dvn
lvl.1
United States

I would like to know as well since  I am thinking of picking one up from apple store. I purchased a DJI Mini 2 couple months ago and wonder if it would fit on DJI Mini2 controller and work with the FLY app. Currently I am running my Mini2 with my iphone 7 and I can a bigger screen.
2021-9-22
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

@dvn  
Since you only get old talk from DJI, which is no longer up-to-date, I searched various drone forums myself and found it here:

I just found that in drohnen-forum.de: show here: Drohnen-forum.de - IPad6 for DJI Fly App

Which tablet works 100 percent with the DJI Fly app?
The answer from an experienced DJI pilot who already uses the iPad 6 (WiFi only) to fly with the Mini2 and the DJI Fly App 1.4.8 with this iPad 6 Mini.

In the meantime, the iPad Mini 6 has been presented.
With the new A15 processor of the also presented iPhone 13 (Pro), it is a massive update in terms of performance, and is therefore safe for the next 5+ years for the DJI apps as well. In the medium and long term, in the balancing act between screen size, performance and support from the DJI apps (problem-free), it is certainly the best device that can be used with DJI drones.

For flying (and everything else) the basic model with 64 GB without cellular is completely sufficient. If you also want to cut, you can use an external USB-C SSD (Samsung T5 or similar). If you need the Internet (for maps, to activate zones on site, streaming, etc.), you can use the smartphone's hotspot. GPS in the device (only available in the Cellular model) is not required with the current DJI apps, except for manually setting the home point. I myself also fly with a WLAN-only iPad.

Compared to the iPad Mini 4 (and 5), the weight and dimensions (height) have even shrunk a little despite the significantly larger display.
Although the display has become 20% brighter than the Mini 4, it is "only" 500 nits, which is sufficient if you are not flying in direct sunlight. Personally, I never do that anyway, but always look for a shady spot in midsummer because of the heat. But of course you have to know that yourself, if necessary you can also mount something for shading, you have to do it with 1000 nits in full sun.

The price starts at 550 € RRP, then it will level off at around 500 € street price. I ordered it, it will replace the iPad Air 4 I am now using on the controllers. If you don't want to spend that, as mentioned above, you can certainly get one or two bargains on a used iPad Mini 5 soon, but the price should be significantly cheaper than a new iPad Mini 6 due to the much older generation of processors and the smaller display. The extra price for the Mini 6 is actually too well invested ....

2021-9-22
Use props
garyfly
New

Brazil

I have the new iPad Mini 6 with a DJI Mavic Air 2, so far DJI Fly 1.4.8 works with a  BIG BUT... it didn't fills the new iPad Mini bigger screen. Said that, in Photo Mode, you get a two extra black bars left and right. In video mode worst ever. You get a 4 black bars since the app itself can't fill the whole new ipad mini 6 screen. It's incredible that DJI makes so great Drones and there is not a even modest DJI app version to handle those devices, it's like buying a new Airbus with lastest technology and everything handled by Windows 98 lol... so immo right now the best app so far seems to be Litchi in video mode for get a nice full screen in the iPad Mini 6
2021-10-9
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

This is not the case for me on the iPad 6 mini (WiFi + Cellular) the DJI Fly app 1.4.8 with iOS completely fills the top and bottom of the
screen as well as the left and right sides, as well as the old 5th generation iPad and the iPhone 7 plus.

Perhaps you have set something wrong on the iPad itself. Or can other people confirm that with iPad 6 mini, with the supposed black borders like yours?

Please take a few screenshots, let's see what it looks like with the black borders. Thanks for that.
2021-10-9
Use props
nedcook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181850 ft
United States

I placed an order with the Apple Online Store on September 15th for an iPad Mini 6 and have yet to receive it. The order status page says to expect it between October 18 and 25. I guess there is either a huge demand for these or the supply is inadequate.
2021-10-12
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

I can reassure you @nedcook the iPad 6 mini (WiFi + Cellular) is really good. Especially now with USB-C where you
can also connect USB sticks (card reader for SD cards) etc.

The handling with the appropriate holder for the remote control of the Mini2 is also good. I haven't been able to
test the brightness (in nits) in full sunlight, because the weather here in Germany is currently pretty autumnal.

But in general it's very good. My old 9.7 inch iPad WiFi only 5th generation is being sold as a used device.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_kwqsgmYevF6E
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88681 ft

Australia

I have an ipad mini 6 which i just purchased and it seems that the DJI go 4 app is not compatible. It doesn't seem to detect my device (Phantom 4 Pro).
Has anyone had any luck with the Phantom 4 Pro and the ipad mini 6th Gen?
2021-10-31
Use props
OuttaControl
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_kwqsgmYevF6E Posted at 10-31 20:48
I have an ipad mini 6 which i just purchased and it seems that the DJI go 4 app is not compatible. It doesn't seem to detect my device (Phantom 4 Pro).
Has anyone had any luck with the Phantom 4 Pro and the ipad mini 6th Gen?

I am facing the same issue. P4P showing not connection while it operates no problem. Unlike other company it is annoying that DJI doesn’t work on this before Apple released the 6.
2021-11-1
Use props
joecnc2006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13924 ft
United States

Any word on Mini 6 with P4P? it will not connect
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_Rkz2gaRZV8f5
lvl.1

United States

iPad Mini6 will not work with GO4 Mavic 2.  Trouble connecting, then when connected (usb c via RC bottom port, side port doesn't work), joysticks are unreliable...no chance to test further because it is unsafe.
2021-11-6
Use props
jaybee2786
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6261161 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

garyfly Posted at 10-9 12:28
I have the new iPad Mini 6 with a DJI Mavic Air 2, so far DJI Fly 1.4.8 works with a  BIG BUT... it didn't fills the new iPad Mini bigger screen. Said that, in Photo Mode, you get a two extra black bars left and right. In video mode worst ever. You get a 4 black bars since the app itself can't fill the whole new ipad mini 6 screen. It's incredible that DJI makes so great Drones and there is not a even modest DJI app version to handle those devices, it's like buying a new Airbus with lastest technology and everything handled by Windows 98 lol... so immo right now the best app so far seems to be Litchi in video mode for get a nice full screen in the iPad Mini 6

Look at the photos and you will see the new mini ipad 6 and the dji go 4 app and it doesnt fill the full screen
inbound4355404112027480955.jpg
inbound6820813670884687376.jpg
inbound5837062096934108873.jpg
2021-11-10
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

Works fine with Mavic Mini 1 (DJI Fly App). Does not work with DJI GO4 App for P4P. Can some one confirm Litchi works on iPad Mini 6 (2021).
2021-12-28
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

jaybee2786 Posted at 11-10 05:43
Look at the photos and you will see the new mini ipad 6 and the dji go 4 app and it doesnt fill the full screen

How did you manage to connect the DJI GO4 App with the iPad Mini6? Mine doesn't connect. can you confirm Litchi App works fine with iPad mini 6?
2021-12-28
Use props
jaybee2786
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OzoneTech Posted at 2021-12-28 21:54
How did you manage to connect the DJI GO4 App with the iPad Mini6? Mine doesn't connect. can you confirm Litchi App works fine with iPad mini 6?

I just use the dji go 4 with my min ipad 6
2022-2-6
Use props
jaybee2786
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OzoneTech Posted at 2021-12-28 21:54

on the dji go 4 i used the usb to usb c
2022-5-16
Use props
jaybee2786
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OzoneTech Posted at 2021-12-28 21:34
Works fine with Mavic Mini 1 (DJI Fly App). Does not work with DJI GO4 App for P4P. Can some one confirm Litchi works on iPad Mini 6 (2021).

thats because uou are using the fly app and not dji go 4
2022-5-16
Use props
sylvainmestre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 838478 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Bonjour, Hello,

DJI FLY with Ipad Mini 6 (iPadOS 15.5) run with QuickTransfer BUT not possible to go to Camera View !Tested on Mavic 3 and Air@S (the "two" is replaced by @... when I write on this forum)

I was using an ipad mini 4 working with DJI FLY but with too much latency during flights (CPU overloaded).
That's why I bought an Ipad Mini 6...

2022-5-20
Use props
Galuwen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21611 ft

Austria

Mine is not connecting. Checked dozens of cables now...
2022-10-16
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Does your mini1 still work with your iPad mini6 ?
Because mine doesn’t
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI-Fan-007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56873 ft
United States

My iPad 6 mini does work with the fly app for my Mavic 3 and mini 2 but does not work with the go4 app for my P4Pro
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules