1.1.5 vs 1.1.9 Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

On the forums, DJI recommended that I should probably stick with 1.1.9 vs upgrading to 1.2.6.

I just got a new P3P and it came with 1.1.5. I was wondering if there were any issues with that or if I should find a way to upgrade to 1.1.9.

2015-7-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1.1.6 added more support for the app that came out the same time.. 1.1.5 was the initial consumer firmware. Not many had this long before upgrading so not sure of specific bugs..
2015-7-29
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-29 17:52
1.1.6 added more support for the app that came out the same time.. 1.1.5 was the initial consumer fi ...

Had to make a correction. I said 1.1.6 when I meant 1.1.9.

Someone gave me a link to 1.1.9. I'll be going from 1.1.5 to 1.1.9 in a few min.
2015-7-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok.. 1.1.9 is generally though of as the best firmware ( well it is if you ask those having issues with the latest one ). The following was the release info:

Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.1.9
Major Updates:
1. Fixed issue of some aircraft unable to determine their altitudes.
2. Fixed issue of the DJI Pilot app unable to obtain and display battery error history.
3. Fixed issue of the compass calibration progress not being displayed properly.
Notice:
 Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able
to install.
 Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as
the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.
2015-7-29
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
United States

Upgrade isn't initializing for some reason. I've done this a few times before with no issues.
2015-7-29
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
United States

REBELimgs Posted at 2015-7-29 21:05
Upgrade isn't initializing for some reason. I've done this a few times before with no issues.

Just spoke with DJI and they said it's the app falsely reporting an older firmware. I guess I already have 1.1.9 installed according to the txt file.
2015-7-29
Use props
marty
lvl.2
United States

REBELimgs Posted at 2015-7-29 21:46
Just spoke with DJI and they said it's the app falsely reporting an older firmware. I guess I alre ...

I wish I would have stumbled onto this thread before my attempted firmware update to 1.1.9 (avoiding the dreaded 1.2.6 version) from what was identified as 1.1.5.

The text file reported that the update was older or identical to the installed firmware.

Now the chopper won't link up with the controller.

Should I attempt another installation of 1.1.9? Seems futile if one or both of the firmwares (on the chopper or the .BIN file on the SD card) are misidentified.

Side note which may be critical.... the chopper's indicator lights are saying that the compass requires calibration (which is true... I've done nothing with it yet, it hasn't even had its props installed). Should I go through the calibration process and try linking after that?
2015-7-29
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
United States

I doubt one has anything to do with the other. Who knows though.
2015-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules