One motor has just stopped working
388 3 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droney_YYC
New
United States

Hello,

One of my rear motors just stopped working on me. I have never crashed or damaged my Mini2 and yet this past weekend i couldnt get it to take off.
I purchased the Mini2 back in Dec for boxing day and have loved it ever since. A couple of weeks ago the same motor was acting up but after a couple tries it would work and take off. This past weekend it just wouldnt work at all. Any ideas of what i should do here?
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Droney_YYC. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you.
2021-9-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the error message? Does it say the motor is blocked? Turn the motor hub by hand and see if it binds at all. If so, it probably has small particle(s) inside. You may try to blow it/them out with compressed air.
2021-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you get an error message?  Can it be turned freely by hand?  I had this happen on my Mini and the first time it was just some micro sized grit in the motor.  I was able to blow it out using compressed air and then it turned freely.  6 months later I had the same issue but on a different motor.  Compressed air did not work as the motor was dead.  I replaced it myself and if flies perfectly.   For DIY you need patience, steady hands and can solder using a micro tip.  Parts are readily available and quite cheap.

Hope you get your issue resolved quickly.  

UPDATE:  Just saw GaryDoug posted something similar so sorry for duplication.  However, DIY might be an option for you.

2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules