Ribbon Cable Replacement
777 3 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Central Maine Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

My P4P has a problem with the gimble.  I'd watched several YouTube videos and assumed it was a defective ESC controller.  The replacement I purchased arrived today.  I went to install it only to find the ribbon cable on the back of the ESC controller was the problem.   I don't know how this got frayed/shorted.  Can someone provide part # or link to where I can purchase this ribbon cable?  The cables I've found via Google search are different from this one.  
ribboncable.jpg
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Central Maine Drones. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav to open a case and for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2021-9-21
Use props
Central Maine Drones
lvl.2
United States

My replacement motor arrived yesterday, I installed it this morning. The gimble problem is fixed, flew for 10 minutes, video quality appeared to be good. I was doing a Facebook live session during that flight, the audio was fine but the video was scrambled.  Could the ribbon cable short have damaged something on the ESC chip or some other chip?
2021-10-6
Use props
Central Maine Drones
lvl.2
United States

I sent drone up later in the day from exact same location, took video first then went live on Fakebook, the live session's video was fine this time.  I don't understand why first was scrambled and second was fine, no changes other than different battery, both batteries were fully charged.
2021-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules