Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Alternative battery charger ?!?
3286 17 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Okram
lvl.2
Italy

hi all, has anyone tried to recharge the batteries of the mini 2 with an alternative charger type imax b6?I tried to measure on the data - + + - data battery pins, and there is no output voltage, I believe there are diodes. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

2021-9-21
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I have experience with the Imax b6 V2 charger. Sometimes I use it to charge my batteries to the storage level. The battery is normally de-energized and must be woken up. This can be done by temporarily connecting to the hub charger. However, you have a few seconds to connect to Imax before the battery goes to sleep again. The Imax charger is not suitable for fully charging the battery as the end voltage is limited to 4.35V (b6 v2). A better solution is to turn on the DC-DC inverter and set the voltage to 8.8V and the current up to 3.6A. It's just a power supply. The BMS in the battery will take care of the proper CC / CV charging process anyway.
2021-9-21
Use props
Okram
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-21 10:12
I have experience with the Imax b6 V2 charger. Sometimes I use it to charge my batteries to the storage level. The battery is normally de-energized and must be woken up. This can be done by temporarily connecting to the hub charger. However, you have a few seconds to connect to Imax before the battery goes to sleep again. The Imax charger is not suitable for fully charging the battery as the end voltage is limited to 4.35V (b6 v2). A better solution is to turn on the DC-DC inverter and set the voltage to 8.8V and the current up to 3.6A.

Well, thanks for your answer, that's what I thought ..... Would you be kind enough to send me a connection diagram between the battery and the imax b6 v2?
Thanks
2021-9-21
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Treat the Imax charger as a power supply. Connect according to the plus-minus potential. A balancer will not be needed. The BMS in the battery has its own, much worse, but it does. If you don't have the expertise, don't play this game. If you are not afraid, you will see the benefits or count the losses. Good luck.
2021-9-21
Use props
Okram
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-21 10:38
[view_image] Treat the Imax charger as a power supply. Connect according to the plus-minus potential. A balancer will not be needed. The BMS in the battery has its own, much worse, but it does. If you don't have the expertise, don't play this game. If you are not afraid, you will see the benefits or count the losses. Good luck.

Thanks, it was to understand if there was the possibility to balance them, but I see that the cells are not separated, rest assured I know the lipo very well I come from ardupilot for 10 years of flying and I generally work with the 10000 mA 6s. Thank you so much.
2021-9-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, although not what youre asking for, i thought i would give you an alternative option, i use this at home, its a fast charger, it will charge them at the max speed of the controller, ac and hub, it can actually fast charge, ALL 3 at the same time too
I also use this one for the car if needed and will fast charge 2 at the same time.

EDIT: i use them all the time and for the past month with no issues so far.
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Okram. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who had used this process in charging there DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight batteries. Just a reminder that there is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will charge the said batteries all the time with no issues and using 3rd party chargers might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-9-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-21 19:59
Hello there Okram. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who had used this process in charging there DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight batteries. Just a reminder that there is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will charge the said batteries all the time with no issues and using 3rd party chargers might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

HI Stephen, we wouldnt need to go for a better charger if DJI actually supplied their own fast chargers, they only supply the slow charger and considering the mini 2 is capable of fast charging, it makes no sense as to why DJI doesn't supply a fast charger?
2021-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-21 19:59

Does DJI have a plan to supply a fast charger?  If not, maybe some compatibility tests are needed.  
2021-9-22
Use props
Okram
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-21 10:12
I have experience with the Imax b6 V2 charger. Sometimes I use it to charge my batteries to the storage level. The battery is normally de-energized and must be woken up. This can be done by temporarily connecting to the hub charger. However, you have a few seconds to connect to Imax before the battery goes to sleep again. The Imax charger is not suitable for fully charging the battery as the end voltage is limited to 4.35V (b6 v2). A better solution is to turn on the DC-DC inverter and set the voltage to 8.8V and the current up to 3.6A. It's just a power supply. The BMS in the battery will take care of the proper CC / CV charging process anyway.

Hi, I was thinking if I connect an adjustable power supply to the hub and the septum at 8.8 volts and 3.6A, do you think it will work better?
2021-9-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Okram Posted at 9-25 05:28
Hi, I was thinking if I connect an adjustable power supply to the hub and the septum at 8.8 volts and 3.6A, do you think it will work better?

Did you see what i use in this post,  the house one i can charge the drone battery, the hub and the controller at the same time on a fast charge for the price, its really good.
2021-9-25
Use props
Okram
lvl.2
Italy

Bashy Posted at 9-25 07:03
Did you see what i use in this post,  the house one i can charge the drone battery, the hub and the controller at the same time on a fast charge  for the price, its really good.

Yes I have seen, but I am not interested in fast charging, I was simply thinking about the fact that the battery, for me, does not fully charge in current. If each cell has a voltage value of 4.35 volts it means 4.35 x2 = 8.7V, now if a usb charger takes out 5volt 3A, this means that in the battery circuit there should be a voltage divider with two outputs that is 4.35v for each cell. You advised me an 8.8v DC-DC why? If your theory is correct, it means that if I power the hub at 8.8 volts it should charge the battery more sinking at least for the voltage part, then the current is something else.
What do you think?
2021-9-25
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-21 10:38
[view_image] Treat the Imax charger as a power supply. Connect according to the plus-minus potential. A balancer will not be needed. The BMS in the battery has its own, much worse, but it does. If you don't have the expertise, don't play this game. If you are not afraid, you will see the benefits or count the losses. Good luck.

Useful info! Can you explain what SMBC/D stands for and are?
2021-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-22 04:11
Does DJI have a plan to supply a fast charger?  If not, maybe some compatibility tests are needed.

Hi there DowntownRDB. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have posted. As of this time we do not have any information with regards to DJI's future plans and future DJI accessory release. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-26 20:34
Hi there DowntownRDB. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have posted. As of this time we do not have any information with regards to DJI's future plans and future DJI accessory release. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Will do.  No problem.
2021-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 02:53
Will do.  No problem.

Hi there DowntownRDB. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-9-29
Use props
Galipec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11827 ft
Canada

With regards to the DJI Mini 2 charging bank (3 batteries). I have read where you should not leave the batteries in the bank after charging as they will not self discharge as required when left un-used.  I just bought the drone today and am wondering if this is still the case?  thanks
2022-5-19
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Galipec Posted at 5-19 14:10
With regards to the DJI Mini 2 charging bank (3 batteries). I have read where you should not leave the batteries in the bank after charging as they will not self discharge as required when left un-used.  I just bought the drone today and am wondering if this is still the case?  thanks

This issue should have been corrected by a firmware update.
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules