Why does Air 2 Video have Horizontal Lines
1284 6 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vikkydiesel
lvl.1

United States

I've noticed that when filming in harsh sunlight & at certain angles the video feed & recording pick up annoying horizontal lines (as shown in the video attached, on the left side). Is this camera defective or should I use ND Filters on the lense?

2021-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is shade from the props.
2021-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can't really help it, other than move the drone / gimbal around.
2021-9-21
Use props
vikkydiesel
lvl.1

United States

I thought it was props based on an Air 2S complaint I saw, but this is just an Air 2 with a smaller sensor and FOV. I thought because of the smaller FOV angle it wouldn’t catch the props/ shade from props.
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there vikkydiesel. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Kindly please refer to the post #2 by Montfrooij. In addition Kindly please fly the said DJI drone to a different lighting condition and adjust the gimbal of your DJI Air 2S slightly to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.
2021-9-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vikkydiesel Posted at 9-21 12:53
I thought it was props based on an Air 2S complaint I saw, but this is just an Air 2 with a smaller sensor and FOV. I thought because of the smaller FOV angle it wouldn’t catch the props/ shade from props.

Any lens angle will if you fly in a position where the sun shines through the props onto the lens.
You can avoid by being careful about your flying with regard for the sun angle.
2021-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most probably caused by prop shade.  Only way to avoid this is being acutely aware of the angle of the sun and your flight path.  
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules