Zenmuse Z15-5D (III) compatible with Canon 5DSR?
3779 15 2015-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, I have got a S1000+ with Z15-5D and Lightbridge. The 5DSR perfectly fits with Zenmuse Z15-5D and is very well balanced (well I had to put some weight on the right arm). Communication with the drone is just perfect and recording video / making still photographs is working as well.

I have only one big, big problem. The video connection and communication of the telemetry data gets broken once the drone is airborne.

I did firmware upgrade on all components and as long the drone is on the ground everything seems to work.

Is this a gimbal / HDMI or a Lightbridge problem? I know, the 5DSR delivers a compressed HDMI signal (in comparions to the Mark III) but this should care the groundstation.

Any ideas?

Kind regards, Gerry

2015-7-29
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Is ther any interference, like 2.4Ghz device working around too?  
2015-7-29
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, we turned off everything and we were in the middle of nowhere. So, there was no interference. It is strange, the video and telemetry communication with the groundstation works after a restart of all components and the connection breaks down once you are hovering in the air for a while and maybe it comes back after a couple of minutes for a very short period of time. Even with a dump terminal screen we lost the communication.
2015-7-29
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

GerryPacher Posted at 2015-7-29 20:36
Hi, we turned off everything and we were in the middle of nowhere. So, there was no interference. It ...

Can you do a test to exclude the problem of LB? Connect a camera into LB air end, take off the drone, check if the video would break.
2015-7-30
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-7-30 20:02
Can you do a test to exclude the problem of LB? Connect a camera into LB air end, take off the dro ...

Hi Candice, ok I'll do the test and drop you a line once I got the result. Kind regards, Gerry
2015-7-30
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

GerryPacher Posted at 2015-7-30 20:40
Hi Candice, ok I'll do the test and drop you a line once I got the result. Kind regards, Gerry

Fine,  wait for your good news
2015-7-30
Use props
pluigi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535226 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Did you find a solution ?

I would like to buy the 5ds to use on my s1000 premium.

Thanks
Pierluigi

2015-7-31
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-7-31 12:06
Fine,  wait for your good news

Hi Candice,

it doesn't work ... even not with a MKIII. The S1000+ will go back to DJI country support today. Hope they can fix the issue soon.

Regards, Gerry
2015-8-6
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

pluigi Posted at 2015-8-1 14:12
Did you find a solution ?

I would like to buy the 5ds to use on my s1000 premium.

Hi,

The problem can't get fixed so far. We will give it back to DJI support. I'll post the update once I got the result. Regards, Gerry
2015-8-6
Use props
pluigi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535226 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Any news?
2015-9-2
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
sorry for my long delay. Well, everything works fine now. There was a problem with the wire and plug to the lightbridge. Well, it was not easy to detect but it was to replace. Beside the IOS / Lightbridge app problems - everything is just perfect now. Kind regards, Gerry
this is one of my last photographs: DJI S1000+, A2, Lightbridge, Canon 5DSR
more information on my site: http://www.air-shots.ch

Air-Shots_Gerry_Pacher_DS_1893.jpg

2015-9-21
Use props
afanador.jaimea
lvl.1

Colombia

GerryPacher Posted at 2015-9-21 11:04
Hi,
sorry for my long delay. Well, everything works fine now. There was a problem with the wire an ...

Hi Mr Pacher,
I'm having the same problem.
Can you explain me , what did you found?

thanks
2016-1-29
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

afanador.jaimea Posted at 2016-1-29 23:04
Hi Mr Pacher,
I'm having the same problem.
Can you explain me , what did you found?

Hi. The problem was the plug of the data cable of the gimbal. One of the little tinny cable was broken. Well, it was not easy to detect but every thing worked fine after changing the cable. But i changed to the new Lightbridge 2 in the meantime and everything is just perfect and a little bit less complex. Regards, Gerry
2016-1-31
Use props
afanador.jaimea
lvl.1

Colombia

Hi Gerry, Thanks for the info.
I have change the data cable, but didn't work.
I'm request for support, but it's very slow.
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

afanador.jaimea Posted at 2016-2-3 04:56
Hi Gerry, Thanks for the info.
I have change the data cable, but didn't work.
I'm request for suppor ...

Sorry for any delay. I'm afraid you may have a different situation even though the defect seems similar, so the same solution may not work for you.
2016-2-15
Use props
DavidGi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51411 ft
Sweden

Hi Gerry, Iam trying to build same setup. Can you please enlighten me in 2 questions. Do you have the Z15 "HD" Gimbal or Z15 "Non HD" video? Does it matter? How to focus and exposure 5DS r? Thanks. / David
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules