Straight down forced landing. lost contact with 4min left to fly.
549 4 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji
lvl.1
Canada

I lost my drone while I could have returned it home.

The forced landing did not let me move the drone one bit forward, It took 1min to bring the drone down, I lost contact, then it hoovered for about 3min on top of branches on a tree, then crashed down into the tree.

Good job.

I've read somewhere that if I remove it from sports mode I should have been able to move it forward. How was I supposed to know that?
2021-9-21
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

That's strange. I've landed as low as 1%. While I couldn't get it to go up (it just kept coming down) I was able to move in any direction. Their is a youtuber who did a distance test in Hawaii and had to do the same. I think his name is Justin Dunhill. It wouldn't stay up but it did follow his commands as it came down.

I don't know what mode he was in and I don't remember mine. But I have done it more than once
2021-9-21
Use props
dji
lvl.1
Canada

SgtRay Posted at 9-21 12:44
That's strange. I've landed as low as 1%. While I couldn't get it to go up (it just kept coming down) I was able to move in any direction. Their is a youtuber who did a distance test in Hawaii and had to do the same. I think his name is Justin Dunhill. It wouldn't stay up but it did follow his commands as it came down.

I don't know what mode he was in and I don't remember mine. But I have done it more than once

Could it be that the starting point elevation was 150m above sea water?
2021-9-21
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Well for the one in Hawaii that might be the case. I live in El Paso Texas at a pretty decent elevation above sea level. The drone doesn't calculate off of sea level it calculates off of starting point elevation as far as I know.

This may be a question for the support team. Have you tried emailing them? Because you should still have control of direction even in a critical battery alert.

Even the manual says that it will slowly lower the altitude but not that it would stop you from moving it around.
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2021-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules