Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mimo app not connecting to OM5
7939 16 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefano.sgrelli
lvl.1

Italy

My phone is a Samsung galaxy S21 ultra. Downloaded DJI Mimo app. Pairing Bluetooth with my new OM5 seem fine, but the mimo app cannot find the device.
Tried resetting OM5 connection with the tree buttons combination but still not connecting. Any idea?
Thanks

2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there stefano.sgrelli. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Mimo application? In addition kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Mimo application ( https://www.dji.com/om-5/downloads ) on your mobile device to see if the issue will persist? For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI OM5 | How to Use DJI OM5. Kindly please keep us posted for addition assistance. Thank you.

2021-9-21
Use props
stefano.sgrelli
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, thanks for reply.
I tried to reinstall DJI Mimo from the google app store. The download from DJI site of the same app does not work for me, the download page remains empty and nothing happen.
Anyway still not working. The Mimo app remains in the connection page with the message "searching..." (translated from Italian).
DJI_Screenshot.jpg
2021-9-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

stefano.sgrelli Posted at 9-22 02:52
Hello, thanks for reply.
I tried to reinstall DJI Mimo from the google app store. The download from DJI site of the same app does not work for me, the download page remains empty and nothing happen.
Anyway still not working. The Mimo app remains in the connection page with the message "searching..." (translated from Italian).

The Mimo App on the Play Store is very outdated and isn't compatible with the OM5.  If the latest Mimo version from the DJI website is not working for you then it may not be currently optimized for your mobile device yet.  
2021-9-22
Use props
stefano.sgrelli
lvl.1

Italy

Ok I downloaded the version on the web site and it is working! Very good!
Please keep the app store updated to avoid other users run into the same problem.
Thanks fot your support, best regards. Stefano
2021-9-22
Use props
chucklesghotmail.com
New
Flight distance : 535 ft

Canada

stefano.sgrelli Posted at 9-22 08:12
Ok I downloaded the version on the web site and it is working! Very good!
Please keep the app store updated to avoid other users run into the same problem.
Thanks fot your support, best regards. Stefano

Totally agree, UPDATE THE DJI APP ON GOOGLE PLAY STORE! I went thru the same frustration until I uninstalled the old playstore app and scanned the barcode on the DJI OM 5 instructions sheet. That version worked perfectly!
2021-9-23
Use props
vkoivula
New

Finland

Good job DJI! Nice that multiple people are going to the Google Play store and are trying to get this crap working with an outdated version just like I did. How a company of this size can't get a working version into Google Play store?
2021-9-23
Use props
vkoivula
New

Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-21 20:57
Hello there stefano.sgrelli. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Mimo application? In addition kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Mimo application ( https://www.dji.com/om-5/downloads ) on your mobile device to see if the issue will persist? For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI OM5 | How to Use DJI OM5. Kindly please keep us posted for addition assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqR_mDdThdA

Maybe you could be more explicit of DJI's inability to update the Google Play store version instead of just vaguely instructing to download DJI Mimo from your own site?
2021-9-23
Use props
scarv71
New

United States

A suggestion for you is to tell your tech support people that the Google Play version doesn't work!!! I spent nearly 6 hours on the phone with them
and this forum fixed my problem in  minutes.
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_MpBTJ6pyfJQn
lvl.1

United States

I agree! As much as I enjoy DJI products, I do not install 3rd party apps from outside the Play Store because of security reasons. Please update your apps!
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_lDS9XpcAAfBi
New

Iran

Download speed from dji.com is too slow ! I tried downloading dji mimo app but it’s 345 Mb and I should wait over 2 hours!!!
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_pYa3yrTy88nD
New

India

My mimo app is lagging..why such mess.. i will return the osmo 4s if it heppen for next 2 days
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_RD37vMyRVuhb
New

Saudi Arabia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-9-21 20:57
Hello there stefano.sgrelli. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Mimo application? In addition kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Mimo application ( https://www.dji.com/om-5/downloads ) on your mobile device to see if the issue will persist? For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI OM5 | How to Use DJI OM5. Kindly please keep us posted for addition assistance. Thank you.

Can't connect with my phone disappointment on loss of mony in this product
2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_RD37vMyRVuhb
New

Saudi Arabia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-9-21 20:57

Post some related and helpful video for s21 ultra connecting with this ... device om 5
2022-4-2
Use props
Jezrack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196722 ft
United Kingdom

vkoivula Posted at 2021-9-23 13:48
Maybe you could be more explicit of DJI's inability to update the Google Play store version instead of just vaguely instructing to download DJI Mimo from your own site?

Still doesn't work at all, no version of the APK works, and it has disappeared for the play store, uttlery diabolical service
2022-6-7
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

Same as above, APK does not work, very disappointed
2022-7-11
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

Not able to connect with Samsung Note10+, I have downloaded app from website, reset phone and OM5 , still does not work!
2022-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules