Batteries will not charge
1441 10 2021-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3ecabc08
lvl.1
United States

I have the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo. Everything has worked fine until recently. Now, when I use the included charging hub and I attach the batteries and plug it in, the light on the side which used to be  solid green is now blinking instead of being solid and the batteries do not charge. I have left it on for as long as 24 hours and none of the batteries even gets one blinking light, much less 4. I have tried just to plug a battery directly (without using the hub) and it will not charge that way either.
I don't know if the charging cable is defective or the hub section is defective or all 3 batteries are defective. I hope it is not the batteries because those things are very expensive. It is odd that all three of them will not charge.
I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

Thanks in advance.
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with the intelligent flight batteries of your DJI Mavic Air 2. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2021-9-21
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

Hey! Sorry for your trouble,
My first thought is that your battery gone to "long sleep" or what ever they call it. Maybe try to power up your drone and then power down and charge. (Not right away - do not overheat them)
2nd try to plug the power and the hub without any battery and wait for the green light then put 1 in and press the button on top. Maybe? Sorry im not an expert but im shooting ideas
Hope you have some luck!
2021-9-21
Use props
fans3ecabc08
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-21 21:19
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with the intelligent flight batteries of your DJI Mavic Air 2. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.

Thanks for the suggestion. The online support is not open for about an hour. I will try it then.
2021-9-22
Use props
fans3ecabc08
lvl.1
United States

dreamergr Posted at 9-21 22:27
Hey! Sorry for your trouble,
My first thought is that your battery gone to "long sleep" or what ever they call it. Maybe try to power up your drone and then power down and charge. (Not right away - do not overheat them)
2nd try to plug the power and the hub without any battery and wait for the green light then put 1 in and press the button on top. Maybe? Sorry im not an expert but im shooting ideas  

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried both of those possible solutions, but the batteries still will not charge. The green light never turns solid. It just keeps blinking. If you think of anything else, please let me know. I love this drone, but I really cannot afford to buy new batteries.
2021-9-22
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Plug the battery directly into the charger without the charging hub.
2021-9-24
Use props
fans3ecabc08
lvl.1
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 9-24 12:22
Plug the battery directly into the charger without the charging hub.

Thank you, but that is something I already tried without success.

Just to add something to this thread. I did, as suggested, contact the DJI Online Support. Here is what they told me:

1. The problem is my batteries have gone bad. It is curious that all 3 batteries would all go bad at exactly the same time.
2. Even though I purchased all 3 batteries in the Fly More Combo, only one was still under warranty. Curiouser and Curiouser.
3. They did say they would replace the one battery for $59 and I am waiting to see if I can charge it and use it, but I am skeptical.

I really love this drone and I will fly it until it breaks down or flies away or I crash it, but I will never buy another DJI product.

Thanks for your input.
2021-9-24
Use props
piciul
New

Romania

can you provide me a wiring diagram with battery pins for bp1-2375mAh?mine doesn't load either
2021-9-24
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

-- I'd guess the charger itself has failed. Not all three batteries. Does the hub LED light up when you plug in the charger to it?

When did you buy the drone, and how many times have you used it and recharged the batteries?

If less than a year old, I think they must honor the advertised warranty on all supplied parts, so all three batteries are covered.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

From DJI's warranty pages you have a year of warranty:

https://www.dji.com/service/policy -> Warranty Period of Main Parts*
Battery        12 Months and less than 200 Charge Cycles
Charger        12 Months
Battery Charging Hub        12 Months
https://www.dji.com/service/policy

What is Covered
Under this Limited Warranty, DJI warrants that each DJI product that you purchase will be free from material and workmanship defects under normal use in accordance with DJI’s published product materials during the warranty period. DJI’s published product materials include, but not limited to, user manuals, safety guidelines, specifications, in-app notifications, and service communications.
The warranty period for different products and parts vary, please check http://www.dji.com/service to verify the duration of the warranty for your particular product or parts. The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the shipping date that shows on the product, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI.
2021-9-25
Use props
fans3ecabc08
lvl.1
United States

Here is an update to my original post. They told me only one of my batteries was under warranty and they sent me a replacement for $59. Unfortunately, the replacement battery also will not charge when I plug it directly into the charger or into the hub. When I plug it into the hub, the green light just starts blinking, but the battery never gets past one light. As I remember, the light used to be solid green when the charger was working.

However, there is a twist to my situation. When they sent me the replacement battery for $59, they also sent me a BRAND NEW DRONE. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the drone I have. I just can't get the batteries to charge. This makes me think the problem is not with the batteries, but with the charger or the hub, probably the charger.  Therefore I just ordered a new charger and hub. If that works and I can charge my batteries, I will not be concerned with why only one of 3 batteries I purchased at the same time was under warranty, since I will not only have 3 good batteries, but a brand new drone.

Go figure.
2021-9-25
Use props
andre2509
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17569 ft
Brazil

these batteries are smart to steal our money! using their "intelligence" for evil! they are disposable batteries should not cost so much! I believe there is some legal process to correct this bizarre error.
2022-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules