Recent issues with DJI Fly Crashing when Video Caches to Internal...
413 2 2021-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Okay

So I posted a couple days ago regarding the issues I was having on my Asus ZenTab 8.0.  During flight, whenever I STOP recording, the DJI Fly App would crash.
I have ruled out the SD Card and I have ruled out the DJI Fly app and all versions being the issue.
The issue I found, was that when recording of video is stoppped, this is when the cached video attempts to save to the device.
The bandaid was turning off Video Caching in the DJI Fly App.  Bandaid as I like having that cached video in case I have a crash that wasn't my fault to go along with
flight logs for warranty.

My next step was to toss in an SDCard to the tablet and see if writing to that instead of the internal memory would rectify the situation, I then found I had no option in
DJI Fly to tell it to write to the SDCard.  So my ZenPad is running Android 7, which is as high as it goes.  It does, in developer options allow you to turn on Force Apps to write
to SDCard, enabled that, then went into apps, DJI FLY > Storage to set the app to use the SDCard rather than internal memory.  And guess what.  The option isn't permitted.

So I am at a loss. Some apps allows this, some don't I can only assume that the DJI FLY app doesn't have the permissions to allow this, which is ridiclious if you ask me.
So now I am stuck, I have again solved the issue, but like I said it's bandaid because i want to cache my video, but I need to do so to the SDCard.

I am open to suggestions on any work arounds on how to force the Fly app to write to the SDCard.  Personally I think that the App itself should HAVE an option right in the settings
to choose Internal or SD.  But of course that would be way to easy.

Let me hear your thoughts.

2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mhinc. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Asus ZenTab 8.0 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Asus ZenTab 8.0 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-9-22
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 01:23
Hello there Mhinc. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Asus ZenTab 8.0 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Asus ZenTab 8.0 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

I am WELL aware of the recommended list. Sorry Stephen, but your template, copy and paste answers just really anger people more than help.  
This is not about the compatibility of my tablet, it's about the fact the DJI Fly App doesn't have a simple option to tell the cache to write to SD Card or Internal, it forces internal,
So here's a suggestion, instead of the useless, template answers that you and your fellow mods continue to provide, maybe take what people say on here seriously, the people spending thousands of dollars on you products, and get your DEV Team to actually add things in the Fly app that should ALREADY be there.  Or for example.  Explain to them how many people want an option to turn off the RTH beeping.  Simple firmware upgrade.  But no, you just give your "Thank you for your suggestion I will pass it along" and nothing happens.  What exactly is the point of this forum and the mods other than the standard, template, copy and paste, infurirating replies!

My specific issue has absolutely nothing to do with what devices are or are not suported, it's completely based on the development and permissions for the DJI Fly app.

Developers of Android apps need to explicitly make their apps available to move to the SD card using the “android:installLocation” attribute in the <manifest> element of their app.  If they don't, the option to “Move to SD card” is grayed out.

2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules