Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Time for DJI to open the Remote Transmiter Protocol
881 6 2021-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gunnar.biniaschgooglemail.com
lvl.2

Spain

Hi Everyone,

After breaking an Anntena Cable inside my FPV Remote V1 I had to realise that DJI no longer supports the Remote anymore and there are almost no spares availible for it (none from DJI) .  Customer support said I shoud just try Amazon...

If DJI is no longer going to support the Remote, isn´t it about time they open the protocol so that it can be used with OPEN TX or another Remote firmware so that we can use it with other Remotes?  Or are DJI eventually going to make the Remote V2 compatible with Caddx and Air Units?

--
Gunnar
2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gunnar. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and for these information that you have given. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2021-9-22
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

This is very bad news.. looks like DJI is stopping the development of the digital system for custom built quads.. at this point we have to put all our hopes into the Shark bite system..
2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Could you please tell us your ticket number or other reference numbers you used to contact our support? It will be appreciated you can screenshot for us. You can send us through PM. As for the repair, you may apply for an online repair request and send the Remote back for repair.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-23
Use props
gunnar.biniaschgooglemail.com
lvl.2

Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-23 00:35
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Could you please tell us your ticket number or other reference numbers you used to contact our support? It will be appreciated you can screenshot for us. You can send us through PM. As for the repair, you may apply for an online repair request and send the Remote back for repair.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer

Hi.  

Thanks for getting in touch.  I did not write down the ticket number.  Here is the screenshot of the chat with Rebecca.

Like I said.  They told me to find the parts on Amazon.   Sending the Remote for repair is not an option for me. I live on an Island with complicated import tax laws.  Sending the unit for repair will take months and will end up costing me up to 100 Euros in Import Fees as well.  For an antenna that maybe costs 20 Euros, this is exessve.  I just want a new Antenna.  I can install it myself.
2021-09-23 (2).png
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

gunnar.biniaschgooglemail.com Posted at 9-23 01:13
Hi.  

Thanks for getting in touch.  I did not write down the ticket number.  Here is the screenshot of the chat with Rebecca.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We indeed do not sell the antenna separately. For your issue, we sincerely recommend you to send for repair. However, we would like to see the damage condition of your remote first considering the situation you are facing. Could you please send us a photo? We will try to confirm with our designated team to see whether there is any way to help you. Thanks for understanding.
2021-9-23
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

DJI would never, ever open their protocols to developers.   Which is why a lot of pilots dislike them so much.   

They are only in it for the $$$$$$.
2021-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules