FPV Drone bundle price drop????
2465 11 2021-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Earlier this week, here in the UK, the majority of the primary DJI dealers (Jessops, Argos, Curry's, Amazon, Heliguy, to name a few) were offering the DJI FPV Bundle at a £250 discount, £1249 down to £999. On a YouTube Livestream it was speculated that this sudden price reduction was due to poor sales in the UK. However yesterday Argos, Jessops, and Heliguy had changed the price back to £1249, and Amazon and Curry's raised the price back up this morning.

It's common knowledge that DJI set the price of their products and will chastise dealers for deviating. It's also been the practice of big box shifting companies, such as those I've mentioned, to band together to undercut the smaller independent dealers. There was quite a scandal some years back with this kind of price fixing of white goods and other large volume electronic sales.

So a couple of questions.

1. Did these companies band together in an attempt to price fix and undercut, but DJI got wind of this and told them to put the prices back up?

Or

2. Is DJI intending to discount the FPV Drone Bundle, possibly with an imminent release of a V2,  and due to a breakdown in communication these companies jumped the gun, and again forced by DJI to put the prices back up again?

It was quite a big deal when something similar happened prior to DJI releasing the Mavic 2 range as one of these companies (Argos) were already advertising the full range weeks before DJI made any official announcement.

"Curiouser, and curiouser" said Alice.
2021-9-22
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect that £999 was a promotion to encourage sales and also reduce rising stocks.  £1249 is a high price, but £999 is tempting to those on the fence as you would know that if you didn't like the thing when you had had it a few months you could recover a cost easily of around £850-900 second hand, thus losing only around £100 for you time.

I think both things, I think a revision is possibly in the pipeline, but also the short time reduction was due to the success of sales.
2021-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That was quite a deal indeed.
2021-9-22
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 9-22 06:56
I suspect that £999 was a promotion to encourage sales and also reduce rising stocks.  £1249 is a high price, but £999 is tempting to those on the fence as you would know that if you didn't like the thing when you had had it a few months you could recover a cost easily of around £850-900 second hand, thus losing only around £100 for you time.

I think both things, I think a revision is possibly in the pipeline, but also the short time reduction was due to the success of sales.

I think that if it was a promotion it was the worst advertised promotion in retail history. I subscribe to quite a few customer mailing lists, including those from the companies I’ve already mentioned, and there was no notification.

Some of the companies I’ve mentioned continually monitor the competition’s prices. Argos and Curry’s have always adjusted there prices in tandem, meaning if one reduces their price the other will also reduce their price. This could be because both are commonly situated in the same business parks (Malls), so as well as online sales they are also fighting each other for sales via foot fall through the doors.

Argos is owned by the Sainsbury’s Group, whom my wife works for and thus receives an automatic 10%  staff discount on all purchases. However this coming weekend that discount is being raised to 15%, just for Saturday and Sunday. So you can understand my interest in the DJI FPV drone as this would mean a saving of £400 from the price fixed price of £1249. Normally I’d have zero interest in the DJI FPV drone as I already fly freestyle and aerobatic 3D quads, from the small toothpick sized frames up to and including X-Class, but with a discounted price of £849 this seemed a reasonable price to incorporate another HD system into my fleet.

As for terminating the low price due to increased sales, I doubt it. Even at the discounted price Argos's country wide sales figures for the drone didn't even go into double figures during the short time frame the offer was open.
2021-9-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice discount.  
2021-9-23
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

This is getting very confusing.

I’ve been following the prices of the DJI FPV Drone bundle in the UK for a couple of weeks and they are all over the place. Just this Monday gone major chains, such as Amazon, Argos, Currys and Jessops, dropped the price from £1249 to £1099 or lower. Then this morning (Wednesday) these same chains have put their prices back up to £1249. Interestingly this has not been happening with any of the other DJI products, which are exactly the same price from every seller.

It’s no big secret that the FPV drone package has not sold at all well in the UK, I think this can be attributed to our regulations when it comes to drones and especially where one can and cannot  fly a FPV drone. One of the major chains I’ve mentioned above had the FPV Drone listed in their clearance and discontinued category before the prices went back up this morning.
2021-10-6
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

As of today 10/06/2021 Amazon $1,199.00

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-FPV-C ... ps%2C194&sr=8-6
2021-10-6
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

cootertwo Posted at 10-6 06:16
As of today 10/06/2021 Amazon $1,199.00

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-FPV-Combo-First-Person-Transmission/dp/B08NQD4FBW/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1547EHMJCVITF&dchild=1&keywords=dji+fpv+drone&qid=1633529636&sprefix=dji+fpv%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-6

As of today on Amazon UK, £1231 or $1679. Everywhere else £1249 again, or $1702. Our prices do include TAX at point of sale, but do you guys pay $500 TAX on this one?
2021-10-7
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

I couldn't resist Best Buy Black Friday sale.....

DJI FPV Drone Combo with Remote Controller and Goggles
immersive and intuitive aerial platform; Super-Wide FOV; HD Low-Latency Transmission; Emergency Brake and Hover; FPV Drone; First Person View; DJI FPV aircraft; Sleek and aerodynamic; real-time view
Model:
CP.FP.00000001.01
SKU:
Quantity:
Item Total1,069.99
Product Price: $999.99
Sales Tax, Fees & Surcharges: $70.00
2021-11-30
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

cootertwo Posted at 11-30 18:49
I couldn't resist Best Buy Black Friday sale.....

I’m holding off for a couple of weeks. My wife works for a company that sells DJI products and in a couple of weeks her staff discount increases for one weekend only. If the current discounted price is still available then I hope to make a significant saving when we apply her staff discount.

I am a long time FPV flyer, both fixed wing and quads, but I still fly on analog. With the combined discount, if it lasts, I’ll effectively be buying a DJI Goggle with a free DJI drone and controller bundled for free. They say good things come to those whom wait. But they also say no good deed goes unpunished. We’ll wait and see on what side the coin lands.
2021-12-1
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

Nidge Posted at 12-1 01:02
I’m holding off for a couple of weeks. My wife works for a company that sells DJI products and in a couple of weeks her staff discount increases for one weekend only. If the current discounted price is still available then I hope to make a significant saving when we apply her staff discount.

I am a long time FPV flyer, both fixed wing and quads, but I still fly on analog. With the combined discount, if it lasts, I’ll effectively be buying a DJI Goggle with a free DJI drone and controller bundled for free. They say good things come to those whom wait. But they also say no good deed goes unpunished. We’ll wait and see on what side the coin lands.

Yeah i would say 1k is a great deal for a digital ready to fly bundle..
I remember getting it for 1250 euro's and i have no regrets.
2021-12-1
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

NOW $999 at Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/DJI-FPV-C ... 9-9122-d605505c9d1e
2021-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules